Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

While fulfilling my part of EULA, I ran into a mention that Carthage possibly used heavy cavalry with mail barding to some degree, and these troops were present at Cannae.

I wonder if there will be a unit based on this, and what do local historians say about it....it seems a bit far-fetched to me, as neither Iberian nor Numidian horse stock was, to my knowledge, strong enough for such gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    While fulfilling my part of EULA, I ran into a mention that Carthage possibly used heavy cavalry with mail barding to some degree, and these troops were present at Cannae.

I wonder if there will be a unit based on this, and what do local historians say about it....it seems a bit far-fetched to me, as neither Iberian nor Numidian horse stock was, to my knowledge, strong enough for such gear.
    The Carthaginian general's bodyguards are depicted with partial barding if that's what you mean.

I played Saka a bit. Arabian fleets, the only ones they can recruit seems significantly weaker than pirate's fleets. They have half hitpoints/amount of units and weaker attack and defense statistics.
    Is this intended?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There are actually two versions of the CAI, "warlike" which is the standard Total War ultra-aggressive, and "diplomacy" which is much more agreeable and peace-seeking. There's a script which flips the AI factions back and forth between the two states; losing battles, being besieged and recruiting units all lead eventually to peace-seeking behaviour, from which they will be randomly returned to ultra-aggressive behaviour.
    ahh, thanks for clearing this up.
    there´s another observation. as epeiros i get alot of colonist points. it basicly provides me with two possible colonists buildings (or upgrades). i think it´s a bit to much, but it may be intended for bigger empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    I played Saka a bit. Arabian fleets, the only ones they can recruit seems significantly weaker than pirate's fleets. They have half hitpoints/amount of units and weaker attack and defense statistics.
    Is this intended?
    It's the problem of only having one pirate unit for everywhere. They are a nuisance, but tolerable in the Mediterranean, but as a consequence more of a threat to others.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    ahh, thanks for clearing this up.
    there´s another observation. as epeiros i get alot of colonist points. it basicly provides me with two possible colonists buildings (or upgrades). i think it´s a bit to much, but it may be intended for bigger empires
    Note the notification that appears every turn you have points isn't telling you that you've gained a point each time, just that you have unspent points. You get one per 16 turns for every three polis_two's or one polis_three.

If you want to set up a new polis, or upgrade any of those Hellenistic colonies, you'll need one each time. Unless you're expanding very fast, you'll likely need those points later, even if you don't use them right away.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

this fit with my polis situation. i conquered much of greece in a lucky blitz early on and now focusing on trace and pannonia. i´m at turn 75 now and got solid finances thanks to mining and trade.

Diplomacy question.
    The AI attacks me, I defend myself and make minced meat out of the AI. I offer peace half a dozen times, they refuse. We fight some more, turns pass. I offer peace again and, after stubbornly refusing my peace request once again, the AI changes its priorities to "Peace" and gladly accepts my next peace suggestion.
    Is this how it works now?
    I usually sign a peace agreement the next turn after the AI changes its mind.
    Last edited by Rad; December 23, 2018 at 03:38 PM.

After playing about 700 turns with areaukoi and 500 with rome i only had 1 crash ,the mod is absolutely stable!!!well done team!!!!
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Diplomacy question.
    The AI attacks me, I defend myself and make minced meat out of the AI. I offer peace half a dozen times, they refuse. We fight some more, turns pass. I offer peace again and, after stubbornly refusing my peace request once again, the AI changes its priorities to "Peace" and gladly accepts my next peace suggestion.
    According to EB 2 team that's how it always was supposed to work pretty much. I think the only bad thing about it is if you start a war with the AI, they might not switch to War stance and that would make them avoid attacking you even if you're a weaker nation attemptin to strike a stronger one which has no other enemies, just because they don't consider it in their interests to fight you.

I have been on the defensive so far, only taking cities in counter-attacks. I'll probably continue that way.

Perroelo's Avatar Foederatus

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I am on turn 241 with Baktria, independent, and trying to build the 3rd level of military hellenic colonies in Baktra (Katoika Poleon), but I can't. I have all building requirements, my government is a Satrapeia, my culture is 64% hellenic, Baktra is a huge city and I'm sure I have colonists available (I can build hellenic military colonies in other cities). Is there something missing? Does it have to be a Homeland government?

P.S.: The mod is unbelievably stable! With 2.3 I had CTDs every 6 turns, but I've had 2 or 3 in 241 turns. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    this fit with my polis situation. i conquered much of greece in a lucky blitz early on and now focusing on trace and pannonia. i´m at turn 75 now and got solid finances thanks to mining and trade.
    This isn't a consequence of colonisation being "too easy", but you taking the places with the highest concentration of polis buildings right at the start. If you were playing as Baktria, for example, you'd find yourself with the opposite problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Diplomacy question.
    Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    According to EB 2 team that's how it always was supposed to work pretty much. I think the only bad thing about it is if you start a war with the AI, they might not switch to War stance and that would make them avoid attacking you even if you're a weaker nation attemptin to strike a stronger one which has no other enemies, just because they don't consider it in their interests to fight you.
    Yep, as nvm says that's pretty much by design. The alternative would be stubborn all day, every day, daring you to wipe them out (ie standard Total War diplomacy).

Quote Originally Posted by Perroelo View Post
    I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I am on turn 241 with Baktria, independent, and trying to build the 3rd level of military hellenic colonies in Baktra (Katoika Poleon), but I can't. I have all building requirements, my government is a Satrapeia, my culture is 64% hellenic, Baktra is a huge city and I'm sure I have colonists available (I can build hellenic military colonies in other cities). Is there something missing? Does it have to be a Homeland government?
    You can't build the third tier of colony in Baktria (nor in many other places), only the reformed colony, which has the following requirements:

Code:
    and building_present_min_level roads_garrison roads_garrison_two and building_present amphitheatres and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms land_reform1 and not building_present govallied and not building_present govslave and not building_present colony_eastern and not building_present colony_phoenician and region_religion rel_h 40
    You need at least a Supervised Hellenic Administration, which Baktria already starts with. Do you have the requisite level of agricultural development?

Quote Originally Posted by COMIS -3- ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ View Post
    After playing about 700 turns with areaukoi and 500 with rome i only had 1 crash ,the mod is absolutely stable!!!well done team!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perroelo View Post
    P.S.: The mod is unbelievably stable! With 2.3 I had CTDs every 6 turns, but I've had 2 or 3 in 241 turns. Amazing!
    Glad to hear it! Script optimisation and quality control is not the most exciting of tasks to conduct, but when done rigorously it does bear fruit.

What if I just want to patch to the 2.35 version? I havent played in a while, I think my current version is 2.1 something.

I am sorry for saying that, but that PDF guide by Evocata is a, kind of useless i think. Especialy for a newbie or a player who wants to try off a faction first time. There is enough of place to mention, that a player should be really carefull, when click on some kind of goverment. Now i am playing Hayasdan for a first time and i needed to go into '' old guide thread'' for learn, that, in fact, i need to have 6 caucasian tribal kingdom instead of 4 and also what Caucasus mean(which concrete settlements) could be there also. Well, i mean, it is up to you if you want to aim for ''high-end'' fans of EB who know you all the time, but for a newbie it is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tls5669 View Post
    What if I just want to patch to the 2.35 version? I havent played in a while, I think my current version is 2.1 something.
    You can't.

They're completely different sets of files, there is no "patching" from a version that old to the current. You need to uninstall 2.1, and make sure it's completely gone, then install 2.35.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181226201715_1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	529.1 KB 
ID:	356445

Romans hate armenian diplomat so much? already like 8 turns like that.

They don't hate him. They hate you.

They do not know that trick? Send a troop onto his tile? he should die.

What mechanic decides, which units a city get after civil revolt? I have recently lost Antioch and perhaps 8-10 units of Váru appeared. Thats, kind of mad.
    Last edited by Maroslav; December 27, 2018 at 09:15 AM.

Senator

Phalangitai are a bit disapointing they can be charged from the front and they often take more casualities than the attacker while killing almost nothing.Even the Agema is barely able to hold a unit of legionaries from the front.Where is the killing power described in Plutarchs The Parallel Lives ?

As the attack began, Aemilius came up and found that the Macedonian battalions had already planted the tips of their long spears in the shields of the Romans, who were thus prevented from reaching them with their swords. And when he saw that the rest of the Macedonian troops also were drawing their targets from their shoulders round in front of them, and with long spears set at one level were withstanding his shield-bearing troops, and saw too the strength of their interlocked shields and the fierceness of their onset, amazement and fear took possession of him, and he felt tha
    t he had never seen a sight more fearful; often in after times he used to speak of his emotions at that time and of what he saw.
    For the Romans tried to thrust aside the long spears of their enemies with their swords, or to crowd them back with their shields, or to seize and put them by with their very hands; while the Macedonians, holding them firmly advanced with both hands, and piercing those who fell upon them, armour and all, since neither shield nor breastplate could resist the force of the Macedonian long spear, hurled headlong back the Pelignians and Marrucinians, who, with no consideration but with animal fury rushed upon the strokes that met them, and a certain death.When the first line had thus been cut to pieces, those arrayed behind them were beaten back; and though there was no flight, still they retired towards the mountain called Olocrus,so that even Aemilius, as Poseidonius tells us, when he saw it, rent his garments. For this part of his army was retreating, and the rest of the Romans were turning aside from the phalanx, which gave them no access to it, but confronted them as it were with a dense barricade of long spears, and was everywhere unassailable.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

You're using it wrong. Guard mode on, at least 6 ranks deep, and even regular phalangitai will be able to hold off virtually any infantry. Switch guard mode off only when enemy is exhausted and pinned down to push, but they'll need support.