Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5304546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    The general is better chosen by the script, otherwise the Carthage gameplay gets ludicrously reactive. You start at "State of War" with a general already at Syracuse. Only when his mandate is over (several turns without aggression) the slot will be vacant for you to manually chose your next general. Have in mind, though, you better have in mind BEFORE it happens who will be your general by checking their stats and making sure they are electable to the position in traits. If in that window you pick a candidate who is not electable, I believe, for that round of state of war, it will use the traditional Carthage election.
    I'm fine with Hanno as the head general, I just wanted a couple of others as the, er..., not head general. Particularly since it looked as though Numida was going to break our alliance (advanced three stacks to one of my settlements, but then they got bored and wandered off. I kind of hoped they would, so I could kill of a couple of the older guys that are of no use to me). The game declared I was at peace, however, so I blockaded an Epirote port (we were still at war), and the next turn it gave one of the men in the capital a not head general rank.

Considering this is one of the few offices you have some active control, though, I like to keep my general (or candidate) always at the head of an army and either close to or moving towards the frontline. When the aggression starts, I will elect him via script and he will already be close to the action. Have in mind that, while the general trait offers many interesting bonii, and not having a general or lieutenant trait offers many maluses, the biggest additions and reductions are in the Command stat. While it is fantastic for auto battles and allows night battles, Confidence is overall more useful in the battlefield when fighting manually, and a veteran commander will be able to keep a very high Confidence even without an office.
    Yeah, I just did not want to deal with the morale malus, that comes with the 'rejected general' trait.

Finally, regarding Atig, no idea. I find it a bit hard to grow these cities. I think you will either have to get a pop growth temple (Fertility or Agriculture) or keep governors there with Supervisor (Satisfied) or Humanitarian to fight off the Famine.
    It seems to have fixed itself, it sat there for two or three turns at 5000, while saying .05% growth, but when I reloaded it started growing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post

Yeah, I just did not want to deal with the morale malus, that comes with the 'rejected general' trait.
    Honestly, the morale malus is not that big. However, I tested a trait for Carthage which gave -3 morale malus on General and that trait + the rejected general had a great impact. I also removed the morale bonus from the supplies trait, replacing it with a movement bonus.

Questions about Celtic confederates

1. Authority - When a new Confederacy is set up, the FLs authority drops by one point. Can the lost authority be regained, or is the maximum authority cap permanently lowered? Also, do future FLs get affected by confederacies that predate their leadership?

2. Confederate leaders - To get the Confederate Leader anc, a native FM must spend two years in the region. Do those two years (8 turns) have to be consecutive and does a Confederacy already have to be established for the counter to start? Asking because my FM got the Confederate Leader anc in the same turn the Confederacy government got finished. He left the city once, but he didn't leave the province while the Confederacy was being established.
    Last edited by Rad; March 25, 2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No new factions in the patch, that's for the next full release. Revolts have been completely reworked in the patch, instead of the hardcoded "bandit" spawns, there's now a script which spawns small, province-appropriate armies at random. It replaces the old "Troublesome Regions" script.

I could attempt to get a changelog together before the patch drops, while we're playtesting. It's rather long...

Thank you for answering my question. By Patch notes i do not mean all details. Just for any "worthwhile" or "scripted" events that have been added to the game. The twitter shows us all the great units we will be able to work with. I know carthage is reworked a bit same for Macedonia and epirotes. And scripts with the celts, and Lugis. I think there was a mention of government changes for factions also.

Also not sure if this will help, but using Cheat engine and the speedhack that is prebuilt into it speeds up loading times real fast during the AI's Turn. I use that when im playtesting and just seeing the progress other factions make. Italy tends to always leave Rhegium and Sicily for a very long time. some times never even capturing it.

Edit: I just saw your patch notes post right after i posted this. Thank you very much!

If I may suggest a long term change maybe several versions from now, since you've been successful in implementing hordes, possibly remove the Lugoiz and have the Yuezhi as an emergent invasion faction? The Lugoiz are so bare bones and add little to nothing to the game experience, whereas a late game invasion from the East would give any Parlavan, Saka or Hindu King of Kings something to worry about.

Long time no see, is there any indication how long the next version will take? Not asking for a release date, more like a generalised "Is there still work being done on this"?

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Long time no see, is there any indication how long the next version will take? Not asking for a release date, more like a generalised "Is there still work being done on this"?
    There absolutely is work being done on this, check our Twitter feed and commentary here. Also see the current changelog.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    If I may suggest a long term change maybe several versions from now, since you've been successful in implementing hordes, possibly remove the Lugoiz and have the Yuezhi as an emergent invasion faction? The Lugoiz are so bare bones and add little to nothing to the game experience, whereas a late game invasion from the East would give any Parlavan, Saka or Hindu King of Kings something to worry about.
    Removing existing factions is out of the question, the most that can happen is a submod that switches one faction for another, like the Syracuse one made by Quintus. Howerver that is up to the interested individual to create the mod, and not the EB dev team.

The Lugioz have a very popular AAR of them, they're not going anywhere in the mainline mod.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Also there's still technically room for one or two more factions and the biggest problem with an emergent faction is that they're unplayable. This isn't like a Paradox game where you can tag-switch.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Hello

The O/S Specific" Mandatory Instructions part 5a links are dead for me. I started a campaign anyway but on turn 5 had CTD. Didn't have any CTD's on a previous install in 300+ turns so this is strange. Could these links please be updated?

when is the next EB 2 update due?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhard View Post
    when is the next EB 2 update due?
    Soon.

Soon.

Soon.

No offence but you said soon in 2008 and it ended up been a 6 year wait ....

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

It was Foot, iirc.

I didn't join the team til 2014...

I am fully enjoying playing this mod as it is. No rush on my part.

You have my promise that the next patch won't be released in 2026

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

A good mod is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman