Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Is the Spartan Agoge now working properly?
    I'd like to put Sparta under direct control to train young FMs.

As Takashilla, I've applied the Indian Tribal Government in Sagala, was it intentional that you can recruit 3 Indian Macemen and only 1 Indian Swordsmen?

The other gov building only has you build a total of 2 macemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Is the Spartan Agoge now working properly?
    I'd like to put Sparta under direct control to train young FMs.
    It's working now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    As Takashilla, I've applied the Indian Tribal Government in Sagala, was it intentional that you can recruit 3 Indian Macemen and only 1 Indian Swordsmen?

The other gov building only has you build a total of 2 macemen.
    Yes, the exact mixes are depending on the province. The south is more tribal, the north more urban.

Tiro

Hello. Been playing EB for some days and really enjoy it. I am wondering however why phalanx cant use swords any more like in RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz87 View Post
    Hello. Been playing EB for some days and really enjoy it. I am wondering however why phalanx cant use swords any more like in RTW.
    M2TW is a different engine to RTW, and secondary weapons for infantry are bugged. They'd never use them appropriately, you'd basically have some weak swordsmen. So we didn't give them swords.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Guys....some of the new units need a touch up, just like the Cisalpine Swordsmen are going to get. The Sarmatian Cataphracts have some clipping issues with the hems and ends of their tunics and armor towards the saddle, hands often dont close around the new sword models making it seem like theyre super glued to the hand, holes in helmets which are seethrough (again on the above mentioned Cataphracts or the Khsai Riders), Colchian Hoplites and their cloaks (though they do look really awesome) etc. At times the difference in quality of units is painfully obvious on the battlefield, not big things often, but small things that start to add up, also quite noticeable with some of the new Thracian/Agrianian Units and their weird shining helmets.

How do you fix the "potential successor" bug? I saw from a previous comment how to do it and yet nothing changed at all once my FL died.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    How do you fix the "potential successor" bug? I saw from a previous comment how to do it and yet nothing changed at all once my FL died.
    New campaign with the changes applied should have done it.

Just a note to say I played 206 turns as Pritanoi. Long enough to get the Kingdom reforms. No CTD. Only thing of concern was the grey death which was just getting into the Nile delta and had seemed to be doing very well elsewhere too.
    Regards
    P.

Don't even speak of them!

I've run into a couple of flaws in the game.

The siege camp model is too large. When a city is under siege, it's often impossible to move an army into a tile next to the besieged city without engaging, because the siege camp model will get in the way. Thus, it's hard and sometimes impossible to set up proper reinforcements for a siege battle.

The faction reemergence+scripted unrest can lead to a really weird situation (which, I believe, is responsible for the quickly repeated reemergence I've observed a couple times in my campaigns). If you take a capital, you get a few turns of scripted unrest. The problem is if it's the capital of a dead faction, whether it was dead before or you destroyed it by taking the city. Because there are at least two turns of rioting which are virtually inevitable which you normally could weather until the first government building is built, but if the faction is dead, reemergence kicks in the moment riots begin, and you have no way to prevent it. Well, short of exterminating the city, which I really don't like doing.

I can't speak to the camp model, but I've already greatly simplified the faction re-emergence script.

The "major and minor cities" unrest script (which produces that instant unrest) is gone, as are the tax-based triggers. It's now just one settlement per faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I've run into a couple of flaws in the game.

The siege camp model is too large. When a city is under siege, it's often impossible to move an army into a tile next to the besieged city without engaging, because the siege camp model will get in the way. Thus, it's hard and sometimes impossible to set up proper reinforcements for a siege battle.
    I agree, it's a minor thing but annoying

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with Migration gov as Boii. Even though I have the necessary culture level (>25% Western Tribal), I cannot construct the Migration gov - so far this happened for Singidunon and Ankyra (see attached image). I checked the export_descr_building file and it seems that Migration gov has no other reqs than culture level. Any thoughts at what the issue might be?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorh View Post
    Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with Migration gov as Boii. Even though I have the necessary culture level (>25% Western Tribal), I cannot construct the Migration gov - so far this happened for Singidunon and Ankyra (see attached image). I checked the export_descr_building file and it seems that Migration gov has no other reqs than culture level. Any thoughts at what the issue might be?
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkorh View Post
    It's an omission in the upgrade paths that prevents it being constructed there. Already caught and fixed in the dev build, though obviously not much help in your game.

How do I get my settings to save? It keeps resetting to default when I log out. The Settings being unit size and restrict camera off

Quote Originally Posted by Haze88 View Post
    How do I get my settings to save? It keeps resetting to default when I log out. The Settings being unit size and restrict camera off
    Edit your EBII.cfg, then when you've saved and closed it, set it to read-only.

Ugh....I'm so done with 2.35 until a new reemergence script. Getai reemerged with army on proper place but got Armavir instead of their proper capital, when I took it back, Armenia reemerged there.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Edit your EBII.cfg, then when you've saved and closed it, set it to read-only.
    Thanks QS. One more question, ever think forts will return? I used to love setting up forts in the mountains as sort of an invasion alarm system