Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,009 of 1009

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Libertus

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Looked at the script, it seems that the reform automatically occurs if the Saka are destroyed or hording. But there is no fallback date for the human player unfortunately.

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Looked at the script, it seems that the reform automatically occurs if the Saka are destroyed or hording. But there is no fallback date for the human player unfortunately.
    It's not a date-based reform, it's an experience-based one. Note the "battles against cataphracts" requirement is not limited to the Saka, any armies featuring any armoured cavalry will do.

What was the reasoning behind a unit of infantry stopping (as they are sprinting at an enemy) before they engage only to then charge again? I haven't played M2TW in about 10 years so i thought it was something to do with the engine but i booted up the original and it was seemingly a definite change. The Centurion and standard bearer carry on running so it looks kind of weird.
    Last edited by Martin N; September 28, 2019 at 06:13 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(16941778)

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    What was the reasoning behind a unit of infantry stopping (as they are sprinting at an enemy) before they engage only to then charge again? I haven't played M2TW in about 10 years so i thought it was something to do with the engine but i booted up the original and it was seemingly a definite change. The Centurion and standard bearer carry on running so it looks kind of weird.
    No "reasoning", it's a charging bug with units that have a primary missile weapon. Should be improved in the upcoming patch, but ultimately M2TW wasn't designed with precursor weapons in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No "reasoning", it's a charging bug with units that have a primary missile weapon. Should be improved in the upcoming patch, but ultimately M2TW wasn't designed with precursor weapons in mind.
    Well that's much more understandable, it is what it is at that point then. I imagine the Pilum system especially had to be implemented entirely from scratch which is a feat in and of itself, would never be perfect. Engine still works much better than warscape with classical antiquity mind.

Edit: Been playing more today testing out infantry charges further and it appears the best way is to get the javelins off first and then they charge in a solid block (which actually makes sense). Found success with single alt right clicking too and letting them walk towards the enemy although that is inconsistent, sometimes they all fully charge, then at other times with only the front line while the rest creep forward.

Have one question though if you don't mind again, is the "Civitas Libera" building the highest tier of government the provinces its available in will ever have? Its the only options i have in Messana and Patavium specifically. I read the description as well and it talked about how it wont provide much economically or militarilly but it becomes more stable which doesn't sound ideal long term.
    Last edited by Martin N; September 29, 2019 at 02:44 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(16941778)

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Have one question though if you don't mind again, is the "Civitas Libera" building the highest tier of government the provinces its available in will ever have? Its the only options i have in Messana and Patavium specifically. I read the description as well and it talked about how it wont provide much economically or militarilly but it becomes more stable which doesn't sound ideal long term.
    No it isn't. Read the player guide included in your installation for all the details on governments.

Artifex

The Provinciae government is also available when it reaches a certain level of Romanisation, but it doesn't provide any recruitment until after the Marian reform.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Just thought it was important to say, even after passing of time, what a great experience this version is. It has not gone un-noticed the rise in (family) dynastic members Seleukids named Antiokhos and Seleukhos royal names plus Demetrios and Alexandros. From a Seleukid players perspective .

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Just thought it was important to say, even after passing of time, what a great experience this version is. It has not gone un-noticed the rise in (family) dynastic members Seleukids named Antiokhos and Seleukhos royal names plus Demetrios and Alexandros. From a Seleukid players perspective .
    The Seleukids should be a bit more interesting in the patch, with at least the first Syrian War not being quite so phoney.