Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Brief update on the patch. It's going through playtesting right now, signs are good that we didn't break anything! The uncompressed patch is 2.72GB, compressed in a zip it's 907MB.

Very excited for the new version! The previewed units all look fantastic and I'm eager to see how the new revolt mechanic plays out.

Three technical issues of note with the patch:
    1) If your game is installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) the patch WILL NOT WORK. This is not our doing, UAC blocks modification of files there, which includes your game if that is where it sits.
    2) We've included new sound files and dummy .dat/.idx files. It is likely the game will crash the very first time you run it, but will run fine after that. The time to start reporting technical issues is if it won't start at all, not if it crashes the very first time.
    3) There is a dummy map.rwm. This means the very first campaign you run will need to build a new map from scratch, which will take a little longer than usual. Do not quit or interrupt this, or you'll break your game.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    1) If your game is installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) the patch WILL NOT WORK. This is not our doing, UAC blocks modification of files there, which includes your game if that is where it sits.
    2) We've included new sound files and dummy .dat/.idx files. It is likely the game will crash the very first time you run it, but will run fine after that. The time to start reporting technical issues is if it won't start at all, not if it crashes the very first time.
    3) There is a dummy map.rwm. This means the very first campaign you run will need to build a new map from scratch, which will take a little longer than usual. Do not quit or interrupt this, or you'll break your game.
    Is the first issue to do with copy+pasting the patch into the previous installation and UAC not being good with that, or with running mods generally, i.e. is there some new voodoo with the .exe or something to make it work? Just wondering as a Mac user.

Has the mod been tested on Mac or Linux with the new .dat/.idx/map.rwm files?

I check this site like every week. If not day. LOL i look forward to the new patch and units. Always love more units to flesh out the army.

Regarding the upcoming patch will the ebii.cfg file be overwtitten or will the current ebii.cfg file be used in the new patch, if so can just replace the .cfg with the one we are currently using ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Regarding the upcoming patch will the ebii.cfg file be overwtitten or will the current ebii.cfg file be used in the new patch, if so can just replace the .cfg with the one we are currently using ?

Thank you
    No new config file provided in the patch, so it won't be overwritten.

ETA ?

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheScrooge View Post
    ETA ?
    When it's ready.

Never ask a woman her weight, man his salary or mod developer release date.

Save Game Compatible? I'm assuming no.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    Save Game Compatible? I'm assuming no.
    Of course... Not.

No patch or full release is ever savegame compatible.

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    So I'm assuming that totally disabling UAC does not help at all, are you saying this?

Quote Originally Posted by redin5ide.82 View Post
    So I'm assuming that totally disabling UAC does not help at all, are you saying this?
    Nope, it doesn't. Your game needs to not be in Program Files for the patch to work properly.

Great mod thanks for this BUT when I fix something then it appears something else and it ruins my gameplay. Please I want your help, first of all just tell me the reccomended graphics for a stable and nice looking gameplay without crashes (I have a f@king RTX 2080TI so how it suppose to be the high settings) and please tell me why after 10-15 minutes of a siege battle the game starts some painful lag spikes and becomes unplayable. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg_GR View Post
    Great mod thanks for this BUT when I fix something then it appears something else and it ruins my gameplay. Please I want your help, first of all just tell me the reccomended graphics for a stable and nice looking gameplay without crashes (I have a f@king RTX 2080TI so how it suppose to be the high settings) and please tell me why after 10-15 minutes of a siege battle the game starts some painful lag spikes and becomes unplayable. Thank you!
    If you want the best graphics, I advise you to install reshade and set the configurations as you like, I have actually found some very good ones for the game and thange the configurations file for the units graphics to Very High. There is some kind of bug in the game that if you change it there nothing happens.
    You might have to do some research about how to improve your ram usage for the game in order for those issues with the lag to stop.

The game is old, and only supports 2GB of RAM. To reduce the number of crashes, search in google for a large address aware patch (4GB patch) and apply it to the game. Note that this isn't officially supported by the developers, and you do it on your own.

So to make it clear, I am the only one who has those lag spikes during a battle? I have 30GB RAM and I'm using i9 CPU and RTX 2080TI GPU I am not some kind of an expert on modding so this is why I am asking you for your help to solve the lag issue it makes it unplayble.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg_GR View Post
    So to make it clear, I am the only one who has those lag spikes during a battle? I have 30GB RAM and I'm using i9 CPU and RTX 2080TI GPU I am not some kind of an expert on modding so this is why I am asking you for your help to solve the lag issue it makes it unplayble.
    The amount of RAM you have is irrelevant, M2TW is an old game which is incapable of using it.