Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'm glad the turns are apparently faster - there's been a huge amount of effort put into optimising the script to that effect.
    They are not only faster - they are MUCH faster... No more cleaning the dishes and doing other tasks while waiting for the turn to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    They are not only faster - they are MUCH faster... No more cleaning the dishes and doing other tasks while waiting for the turn to pass.
    Excellent, that vindicates the big push I made on going through the script to rewrite lots of things to be more efficient.

What sort of change are we talking about here? From minutes to under a minute?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

QuintusSertorius

Chalybes - Chaldeans were South-West Colchis ( kartvelian ) tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    As the Boii though, should I really accept Felsina's request for aid?

Aside from your army being possibly small, hoe do you even get to Felsina in time?
    It's very hard to get to Felsina in time, but if you manage to do it, you get the city and you get to see a nice video

Laetus

Is there any recommendation about units size?

Quote Originally Posted by Manivs View Post
    Play with either large or huge unit size. Personally, I prefer playing with huge unit size but sometimes there are some problems in sieges because the units are too big to fit in the spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Manivs View Post
    Personally, I only play on Huge. That gives a 1:10 scale with reality.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

f_belgai as nonplayable faction in the descr_strat...
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I got a weird glitch regarding the Felsina event as the Boii.

I eas trying to gather an army when suddenly the game forced me into a battle between the settlement of Felsina and 1 Gallic Heavy Cavalry.

If I pressed auto-resolved. I automatically win and take the settlement using the cavalry the game sudenly spawned for me. Either way, the acts I just defeated the Roman army.

Also, As the Bosporans, The captical suddenly has two coastal patrols built.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Yeah. Probably the Bellovaci.
    - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15706688

- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?791590-Announcement-Europa-Barbarorum-II-2-35-released!&p=15706286&viewfull=1#post15706286

But they won't answer
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

I got a weird glitch regarding the Felsina event as the Boii.

I eas trying to gather an army when suddenly the game forced me into a battle between the settlement of Felsina and 1 Gallic Heavy Cavalry.

If I pressed auto-resolved. I automatically win and take the settlement using the cavalry the game sudenly spawned for me. Either way, the acts I just defeated the Roman army.
    It also happened to me while i was playtesting that faction. What I think it happened was that the Roman army went rebel and the script understood that you liberated the city, but you still had the rebel army attacking your city. Its a weird thing but the team already knows about it

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Right. We didn't add any new factions in v2.35, but did make a few preliminary changes to prep for v2.4
    EBII Council

Some points:

- Hate to be that guy, but the province descriptions don't seem to be listed in the credits.
    - Some of the (newer) units don't display properly in the recruitment viewer. Not sure if there's something off or if it's just an issue with the viewer not having been updated.
    - On an unrelated note, are the new regional Germanic units only available from allied governments? IMO it creates a bit of an awkward situation when you're establishing Chatti (or Chauci etc.) settlements with a "type I" or "type II" factional government but can't recruit the corresponding warriors from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    my Fast paint. Caucasian Iberian Spearmen - Kartleli Shubosani, (Plural - Kartleli Shubosnebi ) . "kartvelni Mehomni" is incorrect name - correct name is Kartleli Meomrebi . also incorrect people name "kartveleni" - correct is Kartlelebi .
    What are you basing those corrections on?

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Don't want to disappoint you but I think "f_belgai" in the descr_strat was on previous versions, so it could be a ruse to trick us.

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    Yeah. Probably the Bellovaci.
    f_belgai was still f_belluakoi one and a half years ago (yes you arrive slightly after the war)

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    f_belgai was still f_belluakoi one and a half years ago (yes you arrive slightly after the war)
    Yes maybe. But there are more indications with the f_belgai being used a bit everywhere and always related to celtic traits or celtic units. Moreover the New Guys clearly use a coin from the Bellovaci. But yes, it still possible they want to trick us.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    - Some of the (newer) units don't display properly in the recruitment viewer. Not sure if there's something off or if it's just an issue with the viewer not having been updated.
    - On an unrelated note, are the new regional Germanic units only available from allied governments? IMO it creates a bit of an awkward situation when you're establishing Chatti (or Chauci etc.) settlements with a "type I" or "type II" factional government but can't recruit the corresponding warriors from there.
    Which units are you unable to see? The viewer can't always find them if they are behind an event_counter's phasing. Some of the new batch are "late" units so not available at game-start.

I've just realised that I forgot the Sweboz tribal buildings for some of the newer Germanic units (the Chatti are in there but none of the others), if you're observing their omission for Sweboz.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Damn I need some hints for the last faction
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Which units are you unable to see? The viewer can't always find them if they are behind an event_counter's phasing. Some of the new batch are "late" units so not available at game-start.
    There's some units (mostly newer ones AFAIK, e.g Frisian skirmishers) that lack a name headline and a descriptive text in the viewer. I've also found one late-era unit for Boii, Lougiones and Suebi that doesn't display at all. Its thumbnail is a half-naked dude with a grey beard and a striped shield.

I've just realised that I forgot the Sweboz tribal buildings for some of the newer Germanic units (the Chatti are in there but none of the others), if you're observing their omission for Sweboz.
    You mean entire new tribes, i.e. Frisians, Scandinavians, and Lombards? I thought the new units were just meant to flesh out the profile of existing ones. I haven't taken many provinces yet but I can only recruit Frisian guys in Denmark/Frisia if I build an allied government, and I can't get Chatti units from the Chatti factional building in the starting province or in Erkuni (haven't taken the Chatti homeland province yet).

I'm enjoying that fact prec has returned and the Celts can finally take advantage of their high charge atks.
    is this true in practice? my unit cards show all celt units (or the ones i have looked at in passing) have charge values of 1.

but thanks to all for the excellent patch. the celt voices sound a lot more like an actual language, although the voice behind them is more fitting for an elf-like faction, not very aggressive! though i like the laughing they have. awesome stuff. looking forward to the VENETI dedicated faction in aremorika .

oh, and.. those head-hunter cavalry. i think they surpassed the hippeis thessalikoi as my favorite unit?! still haven't seen the noricum swordsmen yet, though.