Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Thanks QuintusSertorius. But with such a refresh value wouldn't the client ruler be available again after 100 turns? IIRC they disappear completely once recruited, including their unit cards.
    Also you can sometimes choose between a mounted and foot soldier bodyguard - how does this work (click on a unit and the other disappears immediately) ?

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by watao View Post
    Thanks QuintusSertorius. But with such a refresh value wouldn't the client ruler be available again after 100 turns? IIRC they disappear completely once recruited, including their unit cards.
    Also you can sometimes choose between a mounted and foot soldier bodyguard - how does this work (click on a unit and the other disappears immediately) ?
    You don't keep the Allied State building around for 100 turns, it is usually upgraded to one of the main types shortly after the Client Ruler is recruited. So not an issue.

Yes, there is sometimes a choice in certain regions, though I wasn't aware they both disappeared when you chose one.

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You don't keep the Allied State building around for 100 turns, it is usually upgraded to one of the main types shortly after the Client Ruler is recruited. So not an issue.

Yes, there is sometimes a choice in certain regions, though I wasn't aware they both disappeared when you chose one.
    No, sometimes they may disappear but most of the times you can recruit both while you have the allied state building.

I would like to convert some camps to cities for my personal liking. The first would be Tadmur\Palmyra. Is there any limitation or warning against doing it?

I was also wondering why Makedon starts so underpowered. I mean, you have only two cities, forcibly at war with two powerful enemies in the same land (Epeiros and KH) and one that annoys your ports (Ptolemies). Your rightful capital is in enemy hands. To get a kingship reform you have to develop Pella quite a lot, taking a lot of money you don't have and a loooot of turns. Until then you have to fight with hoplites, if you manage to capture some greek cities, because you can't go north with all those foes in the south, and you can only recruit low quality troops, your phalanx units are scarce and elites can't be replenished. Factions like Pergamon or Epeiros itself can, on the other hand, recruit and replenish phalangites, hypaspistai and peltasts makedons right from the start. Rebel armies constantly spawning in the north.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; August 30, 2019 at 06:19 AM.

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    No, sometimes they may disappear but most of the times you can recruit both while you have the allied state building.
    I'm assuming most of the time the player won't be able to afford both, and doing so will cause one or both of them to become an Imposter, so not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    I would like to convert some camps to cities for my personal liking. The first would be Tadmur\Palmyra. Is there any limitation or warning against doing it?
    You'd have to edit the descr_regions and descr_start to make it possible, and start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    I was also wondering why Makedon starts so underpowered. I mean, you have only two cities, forcibly at war with two powerful enemies in the same land (Epeiros and KH) and one that annoys your ports (Ptolemies). Your rightful capital is in enemy hands. To get a kingship reform you have to develop Pella quite a lot, taking a lot of money you don't have and a loooot of turns. Until then you have to fight with hoplites, if you manage to capture some greek cities, because you can't go north with all those foes in the south, and you can only recruit low quality troops, your phalanx units are scarce and elites can't be replenished. Factions like Pergamon or Epeiros itself can, on the other hand, recruit and replenish phalangites, hypaspistai and peltasts makedons right from the start. Rebel armies constantly spawning in the north.
    Because that's the situation Gonatas was faced with in 272BC, no stable base and a kingdom recovering from the Galatian invasion. Epeiros has a more precarious start than you're implying to, with pirate raids and a split holdings in danger of being wiped out as the game starts.

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

I'm assuming most of the time the player won't be able to afford both, and doing so will cause one or both of them to become an Imposter, so not the best idea.
    Well, it depends at what stage of the campaign the player is, they are not that expensive, so if the player wants he can recruit them with no problem.
    I don't like to do it because it may mess a bit with the Family tree but they can be useful if you need one extra General. He doesn't get the imposter trait because the other General is governing, at least when you recruit them with one turn interval.

You'd have to edit the descr_regions and descr_start to make it possible, and start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.
    What do I have to change in descr_regions?

Because that's the situation Gonatas was faced with in 272BC, no stable base and a kingdom recovering from the Galatian invasion. Epeiros has a more precarious start than you're implying to, with pirate raids and a split holdings in danger of being wiped out as the game starts.
    I see. Well, I enjoyed hoplites more than phalangites anyway

Are you going to do an Assyrian unit?.

Did the Assyrians had any military prescense in Seleucid armies?

Or the Akkadian elite infantry fill that role?.

AFAIK they were part of the Persian military even after the fall of their empire.