Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

I have released a new Rome II Total War music soundtrack submod for EBII, version 2.35. Download it now, while it's still hot: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ndtrack-Submod!!!

Guys!! Finally I made it to the marian reforms !!
    Thelast hundred turns or so were a drag honestly, autoresolvingeverything, territorial expansion stalled, offices falling more orless into abeyance. Yet it was worth it and Rome brims once more withvigor!

Thenew units somehow seem even better than what the stats suggest.Extremely durable, take very few casualties even when engaging infull melee for extended periods. This allows for long campaigns withthe same core of legions just replacing the allied lightinfantry/cavalry when necessary.
    Iread some people saying that the refresh rate of the prima cohortswas too low to even bother with roleplaying. Actually I think thatits a perfect rate for such purposes if you just include them inimportant armies, really makes you care about them as an individualentity almost. The colonies and veteran system is also very sweetspicing up the lategame.

Somehowbeing done with the triplex acies has lighted a creative fire in theway I play the battles, doing much more whatever I want in them(approach the campaign map more freely too now). I love that you canstretch a really long line with the new unit size. I love the newsense of increased homogeneity. Nothing better than the view ofbadass heavy armored legionaries and the artillery behind, blastingaway at the enemy...

Hmm, for some reason the spacing got messed up, apparently. Isn't there an edit button? Can't see it anywhere.

There's a minimum post requirement before you can edit - I think it's 25 posts.

If you're fielding historically accurate armies, you should still be using armies where half your force is non-Roman. If you have Provinciae governments, you'll find they now offer a good mix of local units to supplement the legions (before the reform, they didn't offer any recruitment at all).

Of course, who would I have doing the dirty skirmishing work otherwise? ; )
    Coloring your army with cool regionals/mercenaries has always been one of the most fun parts.

Is there any way to influence the number, type and experience of units that spawn after a city revolts/switches ownership via bribe or diplomacy?
    Last edited by Rad; May 12, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Is there any way to influence the number, type and experience of units that spawn after a city revolts/switches ownership via bribe or diplomacy?
    It's supposed to be based on what is defined in the descr_rebel_factions.txt, under peasant_revolt. However, the game seems to take liberties with what is there, and you can't specify experience levels.

I've seen weird things when a city switches ownership via revolt/bribe/diplomacy. I've seen all gold chevroned armies spawn, I've seen garrisons of 6-10 units composed of a single unit type. It doesn't feel natural. It would be nice if it could be put in control.

It can't. It's hardcoded stuff we can only influence, not control.

Campidoctor

Lusitania revolted from my fresh conquest, bringing back to life their long-dead faction. The army outside the settlement was great, general-led, wide mix of many units. Inside the settlement? 10-12 "client ruler" cavalry units. Lol. I'm still not sure how I'll approach this one.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I've played three campaigns since the release of 2.2b and one of them was my very fulfilling 1000-turn Roman campaign for v. 2.35. I've played enough to know that this isn't normal. I'm over 100 turns into my new Epeiros campaign, but the "New Guys" faction has already died out or killed itself inexplicably, way back in turn 19. So what's going on here? Will this lead to stability issues? This never happened in my Roman campaign, that I can guarantee. I hope they don't respawn somewhere and try to become a legitimate faction. LOL. That would be bad.

https://i.imgur.com/joLpL3r.jpg

They won't respawn. They don't have any mechanics to let them do that.

How the boii FM can become mercenary. I don't get it. Following the guide,i understand that those mentioned cities need to be controled by certain faction. So, i send a lone FM for example next to Kabula controled by Macedon, but nothing happen.

Can mercenary service be more exciting? One of my family members (playing as Pahlava) is currently serving in Mesopotamia and he got "Bored".

Really what I'm asking, is it intentional that characters can still get "bored" etc. while they're apparently sitting in a city but are really doing a 5-year mercenary stint?

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    How the boii FM can become mercenary. I don't get it. Following the guide,i understand that those mentioned cities need to be controled by certain faction. So, i send a lone FM for example next to Kabula controled by Macedon, but nothing happen.
    You need to own the province to put your FM in the settlement. After roughly 4 turns, it should trigger its mercenary service. Your FM will be "recruited" by one of the factions that are tied to that particular settlement, and in practice it means that he'll receive different bonus if he succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    You need to own the province to put your FM in the settlement. After roughly 4 turns, it should trigger its mercenary service. Your FM will be "recruited" by one of the factions that are tied to that particular settlement, and in practice it means that he'll receive different bonus if he succeeds.
    Thank you for information. I got it already, now a guide makes a sense I didn't think much about why those settlements on a pictures in guide belong to boiis.

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

Is this mod-foldered?

Quote Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
    Is this mod-foldered?
    Yes. But you need to make sure your M2TW is not installed in Program Files/Program Files x86.

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

Understood. Thanks.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but any estimate on when the patch is coming? I'm planning to start a new campaign, but I heard that the patch 2.35a is coming soon and was wondering if I should wait for it.