Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 980

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

  1. #941
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,470

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but any estimate on when the patch is coming? I'm planning to start a new campaign, but I heard that the patch 2.35a is coming soon and was wondering if I should wait for it.
    Never, ever wait for an imminent patch. It could be weeks yet, and we never give estimates because it isn't predictable what might come up in playtesting.

    If you're worried about abandoning a campaign you were enjoying, play one with a faction you wouldn't normally play, and give us some feedback on it here.

  2. #942

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    I can give you lots of feedback on Bosporos. Some bugs that I've noticed (some of these were mentioned before).

    1. Greek minor office trait Eirenarchos doesn't go away after one year, as it should, and once acquired, completely prevents you from getting any other office traits while also giving points in Harsh Ruler over time. Effectively destroying your chances of grooming decent FMs.
    2. Both Ergepistates and Emporiarches office traits require level 3 market instead of level 2 as it says in user guide. Might need a check, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
    3. Bosporan Heir Satyros (i hope i spelled that name correctly) spawns with Nomad trait, which can't be removed, as there are no scripts for Bosporans to acquire or remove that trait line. There is however a global script that gives nomad trait to a son if his father had it. That means that the entire male bloodline of Satyros become nomads, which makes them awful governors. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I think there should at least be a way to remove Nomad for Bosporans.

    Some Thracian provinces doesn't support higher tier Bosporan goverment. Considering that Bosporan royal family supposedly comes from Thrace, I would imagine restoring control over those lands would be a natural goal. Army vise Bosporans seem to have a nice variety of units, the only thing I was wondering about is if they have access to any phalanx units.

  3. #943
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,470

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    I can give you lots of feedback on Bosporos. Some bugs that I've noticed (some of these were mentioned before).

    1. Greek minor office trait Eirenarchos doesn't go away after one year, as it should, and once acquired, completely prevents you from getting any other office traits while also giving points in Harsh Ruler over time. Effectively destroying your chances of grooming decent FMs.
    2. Both Ergepistates and Emporiarches office traits require level 3 market instead of level 2 as it says in user guide. Might need a check, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
    3. Bosporan Heir Satyros (i hope i spelled that name correctly) spawns with Nomad trait, which can't be removed, as there are no scripts for Bosporans to acquire or remove that trait line. There is however a global script that gives nomad trait to a son if his father had it. That means that the entire male bloodline of Satyros become nomads, which makes them awful governors. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I think there should at least be a way to remove Nomad for Bosporans.
    I'll have to pass those on to the trait team.

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    Some Thracian provinces doesn't support higher tier Bosporan goverment. Considering that Bosporan royal family supposedly comes from Thrace, I would imagine restoring control over those lands would be a natural goal. Army vise Bosporans seem to have a nice variety of units, the only thing I was wondering about is if they have access to any phalanx units.
    Kabula is the only Thracian province you can build the higher tier governments in, and that's by design.

    You won't get phalanxes without putting Hellenistic Colonies in Anatolia or Greece. They're not native to the northern shore of the Black Sea.

  4. #944

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Well, it's good to know they can get phalanx somewhere at least. I was worried they couldn't at all. Anatolia, here I come!

  5. #945

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Maybe irelevant thread to ask, but how can i get a general to become a censor. I sent proconsul into roma to classic winter elections, but i did have no success so far.

  6. #946

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Not sure if it's a bug or just an engine limitation, but kids will always come out of age on spring, even if they were born during a different season. More so, if you have multiple children born during different seasons of the same year (for example one during summer and one during winter, two turns away from each other), they will still come out of age on the same turn (on spring).

  7. #947
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,470

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    Not sure if it's a bug or just an engine limitation, but kids will always come out of age on spring, even if they were born during a different season. More so, if you have multiple children born during different seasons of the same year (for example one during summer and one during winter, two turns away from each other), they will still come out of age on the same turn (on spring).
    It's the engine. It can't track different "birthdays".

  8. #948

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    Not sure if it's a bug or just an engine limitation, but kids will always come out of age on spring, even if they were born during a different season. More so, if you have multiple children born during different seasons of the same year (for example one during summer and one during winter, two turns away from each other), they will still come out of age on the same turn (on spring).
    Well, some people mature faster than others, I guess
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

    Rad, 2016.

  9. #949
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,311

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    I have a question about recruiting Roman units in Italy as Hellenistic Greek factions, since I am now over 250 turns into my current Epeiros campaign. I played a 1000-turn Roman campaign this year and last year I was busy playing campaigns for TATW submods, so it's been a little over a year since my Makedonia campaign (and previous Koinon Hellenon and Pergamon campaigns). Am I seeing this right? You can recruit both Polybian AND the older Camillan units after turn 250? I vaguely remember only being able to recruit Polybian units once the unannounced reforms hit, which also gives you new Carthaginian units in Africa: the Libyan Swordsmen and Late Libyan spearmen (and limits the more traditional Dorekim Afriqim spearmen). Do the Camillan units eventually go away or can I just keep recruiting them indefinitely alongside Polybian Roman ones?

  10. #950
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,470

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I have a question about recruiting Roman units in Italy as Hellenistic Greek factions, since I am now over 250 turns into my current Epeiros campaign. I played a 1000-turn Roman campaign this year and last year I was busy playing campaigns for TATW submods, so it's been a little over a year since my Makedonia campaign (and previous Koinon Hellenon and Pergamon campaigns). Am I seeing this right? You can recruit both Polybian AND the older Camillan units after turn 250? I vaguely remember only being able to recruit Polybian units once the unannounced reforms hit, which also gives you new Carthaginian units in Africa: the Libyan Swordsmen and Late Libyan spearmen (and limits the more traditional Dorekim Afriqim spearmen). Do the Camillan units eventually go away or can I just keep recruiting them indefinitely alongside Polybian Roman ones?
    No, you can only ever recruit one roster; the Camillian units all disappear when the Polybian ones appear. With the eventual Marian reforms, nothing changes for non-Roman factions in Italy - they continue to get Polybian units.

    Changes in Carthaginian units are driven by a different set of reforms, not the Roman ones.

  11. #951
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,311

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, you can only ever recruit one roster; the Camillian units all disappear when the Polybian ones appear.
    Yeah, that's what I thought would happen too, since I remember that happening in a previous campaign for Makedonia or KH, but nope, not this time. I'm telling you, Quintus, to your face, if you're listening, that I can somehow recruit BOTH the Camillan and the Polybian units at the same time as Epeiros. Both are still in the rosters for cities throughout Italy. This has been going on for a few years now (it is now 202 BC in my game, at about turn 282). So, either my campaign is a bizarre fluke, or you guys accidentally fudged something in the latest version of your export_descr_buildings file.

    You might want to double check that then, huh?

    Changes in Carthaginian units are driven by a different set of reforms, not the Roman ones.
    Be that as it may, it certainly gives the impression that they are all part of the same reforms using the same fallback trigger date. That's because it was about turn 252 or turn 253 or thereabouts when I noticed that North Africa had late Carthaginian units and southern/central Italy had Polybian Roman units available for recruitment at the exact same time. This was very sudden too, and I know they happened at the same time, because I was busy just a few turns before that recruiting other units from those provinces and moving troops about from city to city.

  12. #952
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,470

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought would happen too, since I remember that happening in a previous campaign for Makedonia or KH, but nope, not this time. I'm telling you, Quintus, to your face, if you're listening, that I can somehow recruit BOTH the Camillan and the Polybian units at the same time as Epeiros. Both are still in the rosters for cities throughout Italy. This has been going on for a few years now (it is now 202 BC in my game, at about turn 282). So, either my campaign is a bizarre fluke, or you guys accidentally fudged something in the latest version of your export_descr_buildings file.

    You might want to double check that then, huh?
    Which government(s)? Is this Epirote factional governments, or an Allied Government?

    Also which unit(s)? That'll help me narrow it down.

    EDIT: I can't see anything out of place on a quick trawl; are you talking about Camillian Romans, or just Italic units?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Be that as it may, it certainly gives the impression that they are all part of the same reforms using the same fallback trigger date. That's because it was about turn 252 or turn 253 or thereabouts when I noticed that North Africa had late Carthaginian units and southern/central Italy had Polybian Roman units available for recruitment at the exact same time. This was very sudden too, and I know they happened at the same time, because I was busy just a few turns before that recruiting other units from those provinces and moving troops about from city to city.
    OK, that might be the impression, but they're different triggers.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 20, 2019 at 07:39 AM.

  13. #953

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Playing as Rome, looking at Allied Government in the buildings I only have Polybian units. Some Italic units that I can no longer recruit due to having achieved high levels of Western Mediterranean Polities culture are shown as well, but no "Roman" Camillian units.

  14. #954
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,311

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Which government(s)? Is this Epirote factional governments, or an Allied Government?
    Both! In Southern Italy I built "Supervised Hellenic" governments that somehow have Camillan Hastati, while in Rome I built a "native administration", and the rest of central Italy plus northern Italy are all allied democracies and oligarchies. Taras is the one exception and has no native Italic units at all, because I built a dynastic administration there, so I can recruit artillery, Agema Phalangitai, Hypaspistai hoplites, Molosson Agema cavalry, etc.

    Also which unit(s)? That'll help me narrow it down.
    It never includes Triarii (as you guys intended, I believe), but basically every other factional unit for the Romans: Polybian Equites, Principes, Hastati, and Velites, and for the Camillan units Equites, Principes, Hastati, and Leves.

    EDIT: I can't see anything out of place on a quick trawl; are you talking about Camillian Romans, or just Italic units?
    Both the Camillan and Italic units are present alongside the new Polybian ones. The Italic units, depending on region, still include the Lucanians, the Umbro Picenians, the Etruscan Hoplites, the Samnite spearmen and cavalry, and in Rome the Hustatus Mirikatas, or Oscan Hoplites, because I built a third tier local military settlers building.

    Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    Playing as Rome, looking at Allied Government in the buildings I only have Polybian units. Some Italic units that I can no longer recruit due to having achieved high levels of Western Mediterranean Polities culture are shown as well, but no "Roman" Camillian units.
    Yes, I had the same experience while playing as Rome, no surprises or hiccups at all, and everything was how I expected it to be. To be honest the Epirotes are mostly fine, it's just this one issue and a temporary problem I had with Kataphractoi at Damascus as Quintus and I discussed elsewhere. Also, speaking candidly, I don't mind being able to recruit both Camillan and Polybian units all at once, but it's definitely not what the EBII team intended and not historically accurate as I move into the 2nd century BC.

  15. #955
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,470

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Firstly, the Italics don't diminish for non-Roman factions, their persistence isn't a bug. However, the Camillian Romans shouldn't still be there, so that's a definite bug.

    It turns out, the problem isn't in the EDB, it's in the script; specifically the fallback trigger for the Polybian reform. If for some reason the standard AI trigger doesn't fire, the fallback in the Calendar Events script only switches the Polybian on - it doesn't also switch the Camillian off as all the other iterations do.

    So it sounds like the first fallback failed in your game, meaning the final one did, which didn't then disable the Camillian era. Whereas in other games the game hasn't had to resort to it, so its worked as intended. Needless to say, I'll fix that, and thanks for flagging it Roma_Vitrix.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 21, 2019 at 04:01 AM.

  16. #956
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,311

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Firstly, the Italics don't diminish for non-Roman factions, their persistence isn't a bug. However, the Camillian Romans shouldn't still be there, so that's a definite bug.

    It turns out, the problem isn't in the EDB, it's in the script; specifically the fallback trigger for the Polybian reform. If for some reason the standard AI trigger doesn't fire, the fallback in the Calendar Events script only switches the Polybian on - it doesn't also switch the Camillian off as all the other iterations do.

    So it sounds like the first fallback failed in your game, meaning the final one did, which didn't then disable the Camillian era. Whereas in other games the game hasn't had to resort to it, so its worked as intended. Needless to say, I'll fix that, and thanks for flagging it Roma_Vitrix.
    No problem! Glad to be of service. And yes, while I know how most non-Latin Italic troops disappear from the Roman roster (especially by the Marian reforms), I'm well aware that Hellenistic factions and other culture types have different recruitment options once they conquer Italy.

  17. #957
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,470

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    No problem! Glad to be of service. And yes, while I know how most non-Latin Italic troops disappear from the Roman roster (especially by the Marian reforms), I'm well aware that Hellenistic factions and other culture types have different recruitment options once they conquer Italy.
    I was scratching my head trying to work out what was wrong with the recruit_pool lines - I reviewed them all and they were fine. Then I realised it could be something more fundamental - after all the functioning of that switch depends on the script, so if the event_counter isn't disabled, they'll still appear.

    For the sake of a single missing line in the script, we had that unintended consequence. The wonders of modding...

    That does explain why you didn't see it in your earlier games - the final fallback hadn't been used.

  18. #958

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Apologies if I'm being daft, but what are the setup instructions for the non-installer version? That's what I've downloaded (for Steam/Mac) and while the instructions reference this as an option without running Wine, there are no further details, and the remainder of the instructions sound very Wine-oriented (use *.exes, *.bats, etc). I'm quite confused!

  19. #959
    Marvzilla's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North-Rhine Westphalia,Germany.
    Posts
    962

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Is there a reason why I cant raid some provinces ? Playing as Sweboz some 170 turns in and I cant raid neither the territory of the Treveri or the Region which represents modern Baden-Würtemberg, I own 7 provinces and both target provinces are in rebel hands.

  20. #960

    Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

    Hi, can anyone confirm if EB2 2.35 is compatible with the Battle Editor? I've only heard about 2.2B compatibility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •