Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344454661 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Sorry for the double post but I have to questions regarding some pieces of armor.

First this Celtic helmet on some of the mercenary Celtic Horsemen, its bronze right ? Looks a bit leather-y but lovely nonetheless, like a Celtic Boeotian:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And secondly two things regarding the Persian Kinsmen Cavalry. First, their unique vambrace some riders have. I know there were similar looking armguards in the Archaic Age worn by mercenary Greeks, is this an influence or something completely different, like a riders glove ? The right arm Vambrace is meant.

Also, there is the Parameridia (armoured saddle) mentioned in their description, but not present on the model itself, will it be added ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Sorry for the double post but I have to questions regarding some pieces of armor.

First this Celtic helmet on some of the mercenary Celtic Horsemen, its bronze right ? Looks a bit leather-y but lovely nonetheless, like a Celtic Boeotian:

I asked about that helmet some years ago. I don't completely remember the reply, but I was told that it's supposed to be leather and that they copied it from a reenactor.

EDIT: Here is the link - no source is stated, but it looks a lot like surviving metal examples.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?180996-Uerkeltoi-etic-Galatae-(The-Great-Celts-and-Gauls)/page13&styleid=41
    Last edited by Rad; March 04, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I asked about that helmet some years ago. I don't completely remember the reply, but I was told that it's supposed to be leather and that they copied it from a reenactor.

EDIT: Here is the link - no source is stated, but it looks a lot like surviving metal examples.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e13&styleid=41
    Thanks for the great link !

Follow up question for the team: Why make the helmet leather when the archeological artifacts are quite clearly made of various metals ? I know organic materials are very hard to trace and most likely were used, but here bronze or iron makes more sense, in my limited knowledge ofc.

Turn 107. Also I have real trouble getting any ethnicities in my KH campaign apart from Spartan, Athenian, Kretan, Rhodian and Achean, making it impossible to gather 4 Archons (does Krete not have a similar post, had stationed an Kres FM there for quite some time as sole FM and he never got anything). Though I get 4 Archon te Demou if I station 4 Athenian FMs and 2 Ephebors in Sparta with Spartans, I hope thats intended ? Sadly the game seems to have bombed itself anyway.
    Any 4 State Leaders, of any ethnicity will do for the reforms. They don't have to be from different settlements.

Tiro

[SPOILER]

(does Krete not have a similar post, had stationed an Kres FM there for quite some time as sole FM and he never got anything)
    Remember that there is an age prerequisite. If you put that FM in Krete when he was "young" it would need many turns to reach the 40 years old needed to be granted an Archon tittle.

Regards:

Melvidh

This may be a dumb question, but what's the difference between light, medium, and heavy infantry? Like, is it a sum of something in the stats?

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Back in the old Rome 1 days I remember that labelled infantry into light, medium, heavy , help primarily the ai to understand how to use these units, formations, recruitment etc.

Those labels are for AI and default formations. They don't really mean anything else besides.

Hi guys!

So i continue with my roman campaign, nearing turn 300, and I got to ask, isn't there any way to nerf the selukid ai? I mean, they kinda ruin the game with their snowballing, its a little ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jace666 View Post
    Hi guys!

So i continue with my roman campaign, nearing turn 300, and I got to ask, isn't there any way to nerf the selukid ai? I mean, they kinda ruin the game with their snowballing, its a little ridiculous.
    It varies from game to game. Yours happens to be one in which it's doing well.

How about offering financial support to their enemies, or even launching a punitive raid?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It varies from game to game. Yours happens to be one in which it's doing well.
    Indeed, in my game with Pergamon I was so disappointed with the demise of Seleukids... So it's good to hear that there're games where they thrive.

In my recent games, they have been doing well... too well. In my most recent game, I was playing as the gypos so I HAD to stop them. Otherwise, they'd take the whole east part of the map.

How about offering financial support to their enemies, or even launching a punitive raid?
    I tried to finance Pergamon but alas, it was too late. They were soon kicked out and are now relegated to some cities around thrace. Meanwhile a huge selukid army is on the brink of conquering Pella (I control the adriatic). They already got virtually everything east, i sent an envoy to the ptolemies only to discover they had been annihilated holding just the southernmost region of the Nile.

I didn't want to enter a war with them just yet, but i guess here's where I stop them. My recent conquest of carthage and its neighboring city turned out to be well timed in the end...

I have a question I noticed in the recent build after having been a while without playing.

Its about the "Eleutheroi culture". Reading the guide and the forum I see is something that arises from allied and rebel governments, and its supposed to represent the independence movement of the regions/cities. However after seeing it in play the question arises, what whas the gameplay purpose for it to be implemented?

Asking this because Im seeing two consequences that seem to go against the general direction of the mod. First, rebel goverments giving it encourages swift expansion, specially in zones where your culture is present at the start, because the more you wait the harder are those new settlements gonna be to control. To each its own gameplay stle, but I had the sensation that the spirit of the mod was more oritend towards more historical and slow expansion barring starts where is really neccesary to blitz.

And second, it just lowers the appeal of allied governments notably. From the time I followed the forum it always seemed that allied governments were supposed to be what you put in place before transitioning into your factional ones when things are more under control/province is more assimilated, or in palces that lie so far from your faction natural spehere of influence that your factional governments are ineficcient. But now it seems that using them will also further difficult long term control. Is the intention to restrict the use of this governemts in zones where your native culture is so low that it doesnt matter or where you dont plan to use a factional gov at all?

We will either find a way, or make one.

Will FMs be able to participate in the Olympic games in future versions?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Will FMs be able to participate in the Olympic games in future versions?
    I remember there already being a trait for Olympic contests, with the FM being either a winner or loser and gaining influence only for the former, of course.

Anyways, there is a problem with my Roman campaign, in regards to provincial governments. They all seem to be working correctly except for one, Hispania Citerior. It used to work in the first half of my campaign, but for the past couple hundred turns or so nobody has been awarded with the Provinciae Rector trait and provincial ancillary. It doesn't work even for family members with imperium, who've just been elected to office and have plenty of empty spaces for more ancillaries. What's the problem here exactly? The Hispania Ulterior ancillary and trait work just fine, so why not the other?

Also, is there a provincial governor ancillary for Egypt? Although I can only build an allied government at Alexandria, I was able to build a provincial government at Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    I have a question I noticed in the recent build after having been a while without playing.

Its about the "Eleutheroi culture". Reading the guide and the forum I see is something that arises from allied and rebel governments, and its supposed to represent the independence movement of the regions/cities. However after seeing it in play the question arises, what whas the gameplay purpose for it to be implemented?

Asking this because Im seeing two consequences that seem to go against the general direction of the mod. First, rebel goverments giving it encourages swift expansion, specially in zones where your culture is present at the start, because the more you wait the harder are those new settlements gonna be to control. To each its own gameplay stle, but I had the sensation that the spirit of the mod was more oritend towards more historical and slow expansion barring starts where is really neccesary to blitz.

And second, it just lowers the appeal of allied governments notably. From the time I followed the forum it always seemed that allied governments were supposed to be what you put in place before transitioning into your factional ones when things are more under control/province is more assimilated, or in palces that lie so far from your faction natural spehere of influence that your factional governments are ineficcient. But now it seems that using them will also further difficult long term control. Is the intention to restrict the use of this governemts in zones where your native culture is so low that it doesnt matter or where you dont plan to use a factional gov at all?
    It caps at 25%, which is hardly terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It caps at 25%, which is hardly terminal.
    Umm, its not too bad then, like having a polis present.

The main question would be then, how it interacts with other conversions? Like does it counter them or is just on top? If it happens on top of the drift towards the owner culture then its not too bad indeed and allied government can still help to transition.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I remember there already being a trait for Olympic contests, with the FM being either a winner or loser and gaining influence only for the former, of course.
    I must have missed it. Do I have to own Corinth and place a FM there?
    Last edited by Rad; March 12, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Umm, its not too bad then, like having a polis present.

The main question would be then, how it interacts with other conversions? Like does it counter them or is just on top? If it happens on top of the drift towards the owner culture then its not too bad indeed and allied government can still help to transition.
    It's another fast-converter, like the polis has, so initially it might supplant conversion from other sources. But eventually once it hits the cap, others will do their work.