Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I hope defensive sieges count too, like the one after taking Sinope. Oh, what about situations where enemy general (not captain) or the unit limit conditions are fulfilled only via reinforcements?
    The Pontos reforms don't have size requirements on them, they just require a win in a battle where you didn't withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Battlemap, I usually use autocalc on the likes of the Armenians since they don't count. Do battles in which the enemy strikes first to start a battle against my army also count?
    The only requirement is that you win a non-naval battle, and don't withdraw. Doesn't matter who starts it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The Pontos reforms don't have size requirements on them, they just require a win in a battle where you didn't withdraw.
    Damn. Do battles where one army is led by captain count? Player's guide mentions that they have to be led by general, so I was autoresolving some annying cleanups...if those would count, I'd have the reforms already :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Damn. Do battles where one army is led by captain count? Player's guide mentions that they have to be led by general, so I was autoresolving some annying cleanups...if those would count, I'd have the reforms already :/
    The condition is GeneralFoughtFaction - I think it may require an FM on your part to capture the data to export. But not on their side.

The Romans are the regional power strongly influencing military traditions in the region. Italic traditions were waning even at the start of our period as other peoples in Italy began to imitate the Roman model. So for the same reason everyone adjusts in the Polybian era (which is when most Italic units go anyway), so that trend continues in the Marian era.

I thought I'd made the Marian reforms conditional on the existence of the Romans, but turns out I'd forgotten to add it to the Roman fallback (though given it triggers on their turn, I don't think the have a turn if they're dead).
    Ok it makes sense, they were never very numerous and more of a local oddity. Still i think for the Koinon Hellenon, which are based around poleis revitalising their civic institutions and pride as independent cities, the tarantines should remain available through the marian reforms. So in this case i would suggest making the KH government able to recruit them no matter if the marian reforms are active.

Another thing i noticed, is that the governor general government for pontos is available everywhere - not only in anatolia or around it. All of the other governments give nothing when you are far away from your faction's area of influence, forcing you to rely on allied govs.
    So for example as pontos i can install it anywhere (like the british isles) and get the units from it (galatian retainers, heavy cavalry, galatianized anatolians), is that intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Ok it makes sense, they were never very numerous and more of a local oddity. Still i think for the Koinon Hellenon, which are based around poleis revitalising their civic institutions and pride as independent cities, the tarantines should remain available through the marian reforms. So in this case i would suggest making the KH government able to recruit them no matter if the marian reforms are active.
    That's less a specific thing for KH, and more about whether or not they should continue in the polis for any Hellenistic faction, because that's where they're coming from. And in that instance, I guess it doesn't make any sense to stop a tiny pool refreshing even that late, if a Hellenistic faction has managed to hold on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Another thing i noticed, is that the governor general government for pontos is available everywhere - not only in anatolia or around it. All of the other governments give nothing when you are far away from your faction's area of influence, forcing you to rely on allied govs.
    So for example as pontos i can install it anywhere (like the british isles) and get the units from it (galatian retainers, heavy cavalry, galatianized anatolians), is that intended?
    I've just done a regional limitation on Pontos and Hayastan governments - they're not supposed to be available anywhere. What you're noticing with the recruitment is the universal element of it that can be recruited anywhere, though that's intended to be limited to the places you can recruit more broadly, which is in Anatolia/Caucasus/Iran/the Bosporos.

Is it intentional that Srategai Gov for Pontos won't let you have more unique units?

I've conquered Armenia yet I can't recruit the Pezoi Kolkhioi or the Khalidea after I conquered Kutasi and Armavir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Is it intentional that Srategai Gov for Pontos won't let you have more unique units?

I've conquered Armenia yet I can't recruit the Pezoi Kolkhioi or the Khalidea after I conquered Kutasi and Armavir.
    Yes, it only gives local levies.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Hi,

Don't know what's has been your experience, but you should maybe try to make Rhegium and Taras more developed so that Rome AI takes more interested in conquering it. They seem to be more interested in the north, even if it means fighting a lot of full stack (that by the way are easily beaten by the AI with one stack). The situation is so bad that after losing Rhegium and Taras by unrest to the epeirotes, even when both cities are only defended by 4 or 5 levys, they don't even march to take their lands.

Also, the garrison at Rhegium "must" be full of elites because the romans couldn't even scratch their numbers after a dozen attacks with even full stacks even. They only conquered the city after I assassinated the general, and the rebel AI decided to leave the safety of the walls and roam around.

In contrast, the romans took syracuse in one battle with a captain even after the garrison script that gave the advantage in numbers to the greeks. I know you can't do allot, but this doesn't seem balanced.

Note: I'm playing as carthage
    Last edited by Raiuga; January 07, 2019 at 04:35 PM.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

As Carthage, Pilim Lubiyim have a refresh rate of 50 turns in both Zeugitana and Atig with Council Administration.

Pilum Lubiyim have a refresh rate of 25 turns in Mashiliem with Closely Allied Oligarchy.

Intended?

SPAM LYBIAN HOPLITES

Just do it. Thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Hi,

Don't know what's has been your experience, but you should maybe try to make Rhegium and Taras more developed so that Rome AI takes more interested in conquering it. They seem to be more interested in the north, even if it means fighting a lot of full stack (that by the way are easily beaten by the AI with one stack). The situation is so bad that after losing Rhegium and Taras by unrest to the epeirotes, even when both cities are only defended by 4 or 5 levys, they don't even march to take their lands.

Also, the garrison at Rhegium "must" be full of elites because the romans couldn't even scratch their numbers after a dozen attacks with even full stacks even. They only conquered the city after I assassinated the general, and the rebel AI decided to leave the safety of the walls and roam around.

In contrast, the romans took syracuse in one battle with a captain even after the garrison script that gave the advantage in numbers to the greeks. I know you can't do allot, but this doesn't seem balanced.

Note: I'm playing as carthage
    If Taras is more developed, it'll make Epeiros' job of holding it easier. It's supposed to be precarious. There's almost nothing we can do about the AI's preference to go north. It's hardcoded. Rome is scripted to attack Taras at the start, sometimes they succeed, and if they do, they usually then go for Rhegion. We're not going to make it any more of a forgone conclusion that that, it's dull if every game goes the same.

I'm reducing the Rebel refresh for the next release, that will reduce the propensity to spam high status units.

As Carthage, Pilim Lubiyim have a refresh rate of 50 turns in both Zeugitana and Atig with Council Administration.

Pilum Lubiyim have a refresh rate of 25 turns in Mashiliem with Closely Allied Oligarchy.

Intended?
    Intended. It's a tiny reward for allowing people to run things themselves.

In other news, I've nearly finished the total rewrite of the Foreign Colony, now incorporating a horde of new units that weren't there before. That'll be in the next patch.

Hi,

They only conquered the city after I assassinated the general, and the rebel AI decided to leave the safety of the walls and roam around.
    Interresting thing to see, but yes. in my game Maiotai rebels also after of dozens victories in defensive battles decided to take revenge outside. Well, they commited a suicide with doing so but revenge was succesfull as far as i can tell. Defeated 2 stacks even with captain.

And btw. Trust me when i say, that somewhat delayed romans is only for good game at all. Because Celtic factions are no supermans in conquering rebels either and Greeks fight their ethernal war forever. Thats really rare sight seeing dominant faction over Makedonia+ Greece and even then, they are often not interrested to harass Rome.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    And btw. Trust me when i say, that somewhat delayed romans is only for good game at all. Because Celtic factions are no supermans in conquering rebels either and Greeks fight their ethernal war forever. Thats really rare sight seeing dominant faction over Makedonia+ Greece and even then, they are often not interrested to harass Rome.
    Just wanted them (Romans) to go for Messana so I could start a war without me starting it

Seems I have to help them a bit, poor little ones.

Just wanted them (Romans) to go for Messana so I could start a war without me starting it

Seems I have to help them a bit, poor little ones.
    I feel sorry for Carthaginians in my current game. They are strong as hell, having all the Africe except Egypt and below, Gaed + Qart Hadast, all the appropriate islands, strongest army, second biggest faction and still, they can not handle a few numidian stacks kicked from cities roaming arround. I can't swear it, but as i remember i never saw AI attack directly nomadic'' stack, even isolated one and with superior numbers, weird. Perhaps AI scan a threat just for a faction leader pointed with star on a map?

And to adition. Carthage seem to have a Generals with extremely low loyalty compared to other big factions. Their stacks desert pretty often.
    Last edited by Maroslav; January 07, 2019 at 06:08 PM.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

[...] I can't swear it, but as i remember i never saw AI attack directly nomadic'' stack, even isolated one and with superior numbers, weird. Perhaps AI scan a threat just for a faction leader pointed with star on a map?
    maybe its because they fear cavalry based armies...I blame it all in the AI!!! Guess all problems are one way or another related to the AI

And to adition. Carthage seem to have a Generals with extremely low loyalty compared to other big factions. Their stacks desert pretty often.
    Carthage had indeed some problems with loyalty (more than Rome), but mostly with officers, not so much with high personalities.

In other news, I've nearly finished the total rewrite of the Foreign Colony, now incorporating a horde of new units that weren't there before. That'll be in the next patch.
    Ooh, nice. Presuming this applies to all civs that have the option to build them, not just the Greeks.

I'll have a look at their starting characters, but I wasn't aware of an unusual predisposition towards disloyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Ooh, nice. Presuming this applies to all civs that have the option to build them, not just the Greeks.
    Not just the Greeks, no. Almost all the settled factions, bar Rome (and a host of nomadic ones who can settle) can build them, so they all benefit too.