Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
Far be it from me, a lowly player, to suggest otherwise, but the way it's handled just doesn't feel fun. The Saka are already the hardest faction in the game, at the arse-end of the map in a very poor region surrounded by stronger neighbours - I've tested and the only way your initial army can be supported is if you take Kurukand, Chach, and Sakanu Agu and additionally build mines in one of the two gold provinces - I just don't understand the design choice in adding this. In fact, it almost feels wrong, that after taking 6 provinces all of which give you a nice prompt of "you've entered in triumph and been showered with (non-existent) rewards and the clans have sworn fealty", that only then are you hit out of nowhere with the "oh and everyone hates you despite saying they loved you three turns ago so now all your cities are gonna rebel for no good reason and each province is gonna have a rebel stack spawn there with more troops individually than your entire 6-province empire" - maybe I'm not the right player for Saka, but that doesn't feel fun.

At least:
a) make the promised rewards from uniting each set of clans exist in some tangible way
b) give at least a little warning that all your cities are gonna go rebel on you
c) maybe even have them start additionally with Sakanu Agu. It's not much, but it's something bah gawd.
The reasoning behind it is this: in steppe warfare there are almost never decisive victories where the other side are crushed. Instead, the losers and their adherents will ride away if things don't go their way. This doesn't represent the conquered people turning on you, but the defeated returning to contest the current state of affairs. It demonstrates the very real difficulty in playing a nomadic faction who are transitioning to a settled one.