Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Are the Kingetos and Druid paths mutually exclusive? I am asking for both in game and historical info
    No - neither in-game, nor in-history. The Druids were not priests in our understanding. They're members of the society, they'd just peform some functions. You may listen 3 minutes here, and 43 minutes here. Very interesting, imo.

Are the Hellenistic minor offices (Supervisor of trade, Supervisor of public buildings, Warden of the peace etc) permanent? The game manual says that the terms last for 1 year, but some of my guys have been holding them for ages - of course, some of those traits progressed further down the line, based on how they did (Upright/Corrupt Emporiarches, Popular Panegyrarches etc). Also, the manual mentions that those offices are not for the faction leader and heir, but my king has been an upright emporiarches for as long as I can remember - maybe he got it before the crown, dunno. It would be wonderful if someone could explain it to me.
    Thank you very much, Jurand. Being the evil man that I am, I am using the opportunity to bump another question of mine into the this page
    Last edited by Rad; February 24, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

Thank you very much, Jurand. Being the evil man that I am, I am using the opportunity to bump another question of mine into the this page
    AFAIK those offices are for one year, and after the term the FM can get a trait based on his performance in the office, which is stuff like Upright Emporiarches etc...that means not occupying the office anymore, but how the experience affected him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    AFAIK those offices are for one year, and after the term the FM can get a trait based on his performance in the office, which is stuff like Upright Emporiarches etc...that means not occupying the office anymore, but how the experience affected him.
    I am inclined to agree when it comes to the Supervisor of trade and Supervisor of public buildings offices - characters get elected and serve their terms. After that, they get a secondary, permanent trait based on how they did during their term. Kind of like the Consul and Ex-Consul trait line.

President of the festivals may or may not progress into the Popular President trait.

I don't remember ever having an FM elected to the Supervisor of Religious practices, so I won't comment on that.

That leaves us with the Warden of the Peace office - basically, the city garrison commander. A lot of my FMs have it and it seems to be permanent. Is it meant to be permanent?

EDIT: Did a quick test.
    Supervisor of trade/public buildings have set terms after which the traits progress based on how the FMs did.
    President of the festivals does not have a set term, or at least it has a considerably longer one - I had two characters with the trait, and only one got the Popular president of the festivals trait after a dozen or so turns.
    Warden of the Peace is permanent - I moved my FM into the outdoors of a different province. After a dozen or so turns, he still had the trait. It's a bit illogical - how can one command a city garrison on a day to day basis if one has not even been in the same province for 2,5,10 years?
    Last edited by Rad; February 25, 2019 at 03:08 PM.

I've noticed you can no longer recruit Numidian Infantry (swordsmen) at the start. The capital's only infatry is the Libyan Spearmen.

Is it delibrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    I've noticed you can no longer recruit Numidian Infantry (swordsmen) at the start. The capital's only infatry is the Libyan Spearmen.

Is it delibrate?
    Yes, it's deliberate. There's no evidence of the thureos being used by Numidians at game-start, so it is introduced with the Hellenistic reform of the same name.

Can anyone comment on their experience with the minor hellenistic offices? I'm trying to read the traits file, but it's all Greek to me lol

A weird thing happened while I was playing as the Saba. I managed to trigger the South-Arabian City Invasions and I expect to stop them by holding out their attacks during a siege and kill them through attrition. Instead, I automatically win both battles against the armies without a fight.

They managed to build siege equippment but come the battlefield, I find them not having any siege equippment at all and that it causes an automatic victory that has the attacking stack suddenly vanishing as if they lost a battle.

Can anyone with a long game (more than 100 turns) get me a screenshot of the faction summary scroll showing the finances of AI factions?

You mean this? This is from various saves throughout my games in 2.35. I noticed spikes from hording, but nothing else unusual...

https://imgur.com/a/gRI7tHF

Edit: I hate to poke you about it, but I'm tempted to start another game, but I can wait if there are plans to release a patch or new version within week or two...I'd appreciate the warning.
    Last edited by Sar1n; March 01, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks for that.

It won't be in a week or two. Play a faction you wouldn't usually, or haven't done yet.

So, is the Warden of the Peace minor Hellenistic office supposed to be permanent or not? I have literally stopped my 500 turn campaign because of it.

EDIT: Cash-Money pics in spoiler
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EDIT2: Here's more from various stages of the campaign

Last edited by Rad; March 02, 2019 at 04:11 AM.

Greetings! Thank you all for making this great mod. It's running very smoothly.

I'd like to make a couple changes to EB2. These worked back on RTW, but I guess the Medieval 2 engine works a little differently.

I'd like to add some music to the campaign map, but editing descr_sounds_music.txt doesn't seem to do the trick. Here's where I put the names of the new mp3s:

Code:
    state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER
         event delay 5
         [new mp3s]
         end
    Also, I'd like to remove the voice when selecting units on the campaign map, which I tried to do by changing this in export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt:

Code:
    vocal Selected
       event
          folder data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Camp_Map
             Roman_Latin_Group_Select_1.mp3
             Roman_Latin_Group_Select_2.mp3
             Roman_Latin_Group_Select_3.mp3
       end
    to this:

Code:
    vocal Selected
       event
       end
    Can anyone tell me why these changes don't show up in game?

I figured it out, but I'm not sure how to edit posts. You have to delete events.dat and events.idx in the ebii/data/sounds folder and regenerate them in order for those changes to come through.

I'll just take the opportunity again to say thanks for this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwebib View Post
    I figured it out, but I'm not sure how to edit posts. You have to delete events.dat and events.idx in the ebii/data/sounds folder and regenerate them in order for those changes to come through.
    You can edit your post after writing a good amount of posts, I don't remember how many, something between 40 and 100

Good to know. Thanks. I'll try to refrain from spamming the forum to reach editing capabilities.

EDIT: Cash-Money pics in spoiler

EDIT2: Here's more from various stages of the campaign

Which faction is that blue line that's spiked into the hundreds of thousands? That shouldn't be possible with the "clawback" financial script.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Which faction is that blue line that's spiked into the hundreds of thousands? That shouldn't be possible with the "clawback" financial script.
    That would be the Lugiones - they've been in horde mode for most of the campaign.

That would be the Lugiones - they've been in horde mode for most of the campaign.
    That means the horde clawback isn't working. They shouldn't be able to accrue more than 30k.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; March 04, 2019 at 11:34 AM.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Can anyone with a long game (more than 100 turns) get me a screenshot of the faction summary scroll showing the finances of AI factions?

Turn 107. Also I have real trouble getting any ethnicities in my KH campaign apart from Spartan, Athenian, Kretan, Rhodian and Achean, making it impossible to gather 4 Archons (does Krete not have a similar post, had stationed an Kres FM there for quite some time as sole FM and he never got anything). Though I get 4 Archon te Demou if I station 4 Athenian FMs and 2 Ephebors in Sparta with Spartans, I hope thats intended ? Sadly the game seems to have bombed itself anyway.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; March 04, 2019 at 01:13 PM.