Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1282

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Thanks QuintusSertorius. But with such a refresh value wouldn't the client ruler be available again after 100 turns? IIRC they disappear completely once recruited, including their unit cards.
    Also you can sometimes choose between a mounted and foot soldier bodyguard - how does this work (click on a unit and the other disappears immediately) ?

Quote Originally Posted by watao View Post
    Thanks QuintusSertorius. But with such a refresh value wouldn't the client ruler be available again after 100 turns? IIRC they disappear completely once recruited, including their unit cards.
    Also you can sometimes choose between a mounted and foot soldier bodyguard - how does this work (click on a unit and the other disappears immediately) ?
    You don't keep the Allied State building around for 100 turns, it is usually upgraded to one of the main types shortly after the Client Ruler is recruited. So not an issue.

Yes, there is sometimes a choice in certain regions, though I wasn't aware they both disappeared when you chose one.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You don't keep the Allied State building around for 100 turns, it is usually upgraded to one of the main types shortly after the Client Ruler is recruited. So not an issue.

Yes, there is sometimes a choice in certain regions, though I wasn't aware they both disappeared when you chose one.
    No, sometimes they may disappear but most of the times you can recruit both while you have the allied state building.

I would like to convert some camps to cities for my personal liking. The first would be Tadmur\Palmyra. Is there any limitation or warning against doing it?

I was also wondering why Makedon starts so underpowered. I mean, you have only two cities, forcibly at war with two powerful enemies in the same land (Epeiros and KH) and one that annoys your ports (Ptolemies). Your rightful capital is in enemy hands. To get a kingship reform you have to develop Pella quite a lot, taking a lot of money you don't have and a loooot of turns. Until then you have to fight with hoplites, if you manage to capture some greek cities, because you can't go north with all those foes in the south, and you can only recruit low quality troops, your phalanx units are scarce and elites can't be replenished. Factions like Pergamon or Epeiros itself can, on the other hand, recruit and replenish phalangites, hypaspistai and peltasts makedons right from the start. Rebel armies constantly spawning in the north.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; August 30, 2019 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    No, sometimes they may disappear but most of the times you can recruit both while you have the allied state building.
    I'm assuming most of the time the player won't be able to afford both, and doing so will cause one or both of them to become an Imposter, so not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    I would like to convert some camps to cities for my personal liking. The first would be Tadmur\Palmyra. Is there any limitation or warning against doing it?
    You'd have to edit the descr_regions and descr_start to make it possible, and start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    I was also wondering why Makedon starts so underpowered. I mean, you have only two cities, forcibly at war with two powerful enemies in the same land (Epeiros and KH) and one that annoys your ports (Ptolemies). Your rightful capital is in enemy hands. To get a kingship reform you have to develop Pella quite a lot, taking a lot of money you don't have and a loooot of turns. Until then you have to fight with hoplites, if you manage to capture some greek cities, because you can't go north with all those foes in the south, and you can only recruit low quality troops, your phalanx units are scarce and elites can't be replenished. Factions like Pergamon or Epeiros itself can, on the other hand, recruit and replenish phalangites, hypaspistai and peltasts makedons right from the start. Rebel armies constantly spawning in the north.
    Because that's the situation Gonatas was faced with in 272BC, no stable base and a kingdom recovering from the Galatian invasion. Epeiros has a more precarious start than you're implying to, with pirate raids and a split holdings in danger of being wiped out as the game starts.

I'm assuming most of the time the player won't be able to afford both, and doing so will cause one or both of them to become an Imposter, so not the best idea.
    Well, it depends at what stage of the campaign the player is, they are not that expensive, so if the player wants he can recruit them with no problem.
    I don't like to do it because it may mess a bit with the Family tree but they can be useful if you need one extra General. He doesn't get the imposter trait because the other General is governing, at least when you recruit them with one turn interval.

You'd have to edit the descr_regions and descr_start to make it possible, and start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.
    What do I have to change in descr_regions?

Because that's the situation Gonatas was faced with in 272BC, no stable base and a kingdom recovering from the Galatian invasion. Epeiros has a more precarious start than you're implying to, with pirate raids and a split holdings in danger of being wiped out as the game starts.
    I see. Well, I enjoyed hoplites more than phalangites anyway

Are you going to do an Assyrian unit?.

Did the Assyrians had any military prescense in Seleucid armies?

Or the Akkadian elite infantry fill that role?.

AFAIK they were part of the Persian military even after the fall of their empire.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Has someone acheived to get a Censor playing as the Romans in 2.35 ?
    I'm in a 300 turns campaign and, while a tried many times, in various years ( ie. 212,213 etc...) I never managed to have one of my FM be elected as Censor. I'm wondering if the Consul trait is prioritized by the game, hence nobody's ever elected Censor.
    Or maybe the rarity of the trait is by design, but then I think such outcome is a bit severe. Plus, as I try to only play with 2 consuls at a time, having old men being elected as extra consuls is kind of immersion breaking.

Pretty sure I had some (seen Ex-censor on one just my last session). Censors are elected every 5 years so the "eligible for..." trait doesn't guarantee the post.
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello Mouzafphaerre.
    I saw your thread about your campaign and I was thinking you might know something about this.
    I know that the player has to wait for the censor year, however, the game isn't explicit about when it occurs. I looked at the script but I don't understant it. Is 272 supposed to be a censor year ? Or does it start in 267, or maybe 268 ? I have no idea and that's why I'm asking for answers here.

I'll keep an open eye for it going forward

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Are you going to do an Assyrian unit?.

Did the Assyrians had any military prescense in Seleucid armies?

Or the Akkadian elite infantry fill that role?.

AFAIK they were part of the Persian military even after the fall of their empire.
    The Akkadian infantry represent the remaining armed forces from the Akkadian-speaking groups in Mesopotamia which at one point would have included both Assyria and Babylon, though both adopted Aramaic which was the lingua franca of the Near East for over a millennium until the Muslims arrived and Arabic replaced it.

I'm not at home and can't check the unit description but I'm pretty sure it mentions the Assyrians.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    The Akkadian infantry represent the remaining armed forces from the Akkadian-speaking groups in Mesopotamia which at one point would have included both Assyria and Babylon, though both adopted Aramaic which was the lingua franca of the Near East for over a millennium until the Muslims arrived and Arabic replaced it.

I'm not at home and can't check the unit description but I'm pretty sure it mentions the Assyrians.
    It does, and they were also mobilised in large numbers as settlers further east by Alexander. Which is why they're a mainstay of the Foreign Colony until the Kardakes appear.

Hi!
    Propably it was written before, but, can we still say that ai diplomacy behaviour is "at the end, ai will attack you, no matter what you will do, as long you share border with ai faction."?

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    Hi!
    Propably it was written before, but, can we still say that ai diplomacy behaviour is "at the end, ai will attack you, no matter what you will do, as long you share border with ai faction."?
    Well, I've been doing a Seleucid test campaign and I'm currently at turn 200. I started being allied with Pontus, Baktria and Pergamon. Pontus and Baktria attacked me some time after turn 100 but I'm still allied with Pergamon and I expect to continue being allied for a long time, but just in case, I keep strong garrisons in the cities that border Pergamon so that the AI doesn't get too curious.

Allied with Numidia and Ptolemaioi for ~600 turns, sharing borders for 400+

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Well, I've been doing a Seleucid test campaign and I'm currently at turn 200. I started being allied with Pontus, Baktria and Pergamon. Pontus and Baktria attacked me some time after turn 100 but I'm still allied with Pergamon and I expect to continue being allied for a long time, but just in case, I keep strong garrisons in the cities that border Pergamon so that the AI doesn't get too curious.
    Just for clarity, Lusitanio is playing on the current development build, which includes some small tweaks (such as the scripted events which trigger war also changing the AI stance).

I'm probably in the wrong thread, but I'm having trouble installing the mod. I'm getting a M2 has had a fatal error message.

I redownloaded Kingdoms (which is called definitive edition on steam?) then I moved M2TW into C:Steam Games. It wouldn't let me create any more drives.

Unzipped and installed EBII.exe into C:Steam Games/Medieval II Total War

Added the following line of code into steam/ games/ M2 Properties launch options "--features.mod=mods/EBII"

Tried to run EBII from both desktop icons and directly through steam. Steam just runs normal M2TW, EB for steam users icon crashes with fatal error (after selecting run EBII mod in the launcher pop up), EBII for non-steam users runs normal M2TW.

I've done something wrong but no idea what!?

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Is there a fallback date for the military reforms to trigger for Taksashila ? Its rather hard to get major battles with the saka and especially them containing cataphracts, as they often are bankrupt and get steamrolled by either Baktria or Parthia.