Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, that's not finished yet. It's a huge piece of work, but should hopefully be done for 2.4.

I'd say about 75%, given there are still two more factions, about 80 units and a horde of new events and features still to go.
    Omfg... two more factions?! ..O_O'' , just wow....

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    Actually I've only played with Rome and KH , I would like a very different thing, so Lugiones could be a great choice! Also, some Eastern factions would be interesting or an iberian or gaul one. I enjoy doing reforms and seeing my faction change a lot from the beginning
    Nabatu are a good option if you want a significant change over time. From nomadic to Eastern to Hellenised.

Nabatu are a good option if you want a significant change over time. From nomadic to Eastern to Hellenised.
    Cool! I'll try with them

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Don't worry, the previews of new features will continue while we develop 2.4, we haven't gone to sleep or stopped working just because a major release has dropped.

Though I'd expect people to take a well-earned break over the Christmas period to recharge.
    Amen to that! Take a break until January, I say, and then come back roaring. In the meantime, I eagerly await the previews!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

my Fast paint. Caucasian Iberian Spearmen - Kartleli Shubosani, (Plural - Kartleli Shubosnebi ) . "kartvelni Mehomni" is incorrect name - correct name is Kartleli Meomrebi . also incorrect people name "kartveleni" - correct is Kartlelebi . Used shields , clothes and Horny helmets is not right .
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 04, 2018 at 02:12 PM.

Wow. The Change List is impressive indeed. Someone like me who recently got into the mod at 2.3 and lacks a long-term perspective just has to ask why this is considered only 2.35 instead of 2.4.

I took a look at descr_sounds_music, is it supposed to have all those semicolon in between the tracks? on the far left (i know they appear everywhere but the other versions only had them after the last track on a given section, not between the tracks themselves. Its not padronized either, with some sections having the semicolon between the songs and others not. (not worth the trouble i guess lol, reason why it grabbed my atention was cause i decided to change some tracks in there, but it resulted in a crash and then finally when i managed, in a lack of some of the menu sounds, so i rolled back)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Wow. The Change List is impressive indeed. Someone like me who recently got into the mod at 2.3 and lacks a long-term perspective just has to ask why this is considered only 2.35 instead of 2.4.
    From what I gathered...originally a 2.3a release was planned which would be bugfixes, and goals for 2.4 were set. But some of the goodies for 2.4 were ready before bugfixes, so it was piled up together, new things debugged and tested, and in the meantime, some other new things were added...eventually 2.3a was renamed 2.35 because the new goodies meant it wasn't simply 2.3 fix, but it's not a planned 2.4 yet.

Does anyone know how to hide the morale and fatigue info that shows up when your mouse is over a unit? I forgot :/

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    From what I gathered...originally a 2.3a release was planned which would be bugfixes, and goals for 2.4 were set. But some of the goodies for 2.4 were ready before bugfixes, so it was piled up together, new things debugged and tested, and in the meantime, some other new things were added...eventually 2.3a was renamed 2.35 because the new goodies meant it wasn't simply 2.3 fix, but it's not a planned 2.4 yet.
    As above, this isn't the intended full release 2.4, which will have two new factions and a host of other features (such as revamps of several existing factions). However, it's more than just the originally planned set of bug fixes, as the changelog attests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I took a look at descr_sounds_music, is it supposed to have all those semicolon in between the tracks? on the far left (i know they appear everywhere but the other versions only had them after the last track on a given section, not between the tracks themselves. Its not padronized either, with some sections having the semicolon between the songs and others not. (not worth the trouble i guess lol, reason why it grabbed my atention was cause i decided to change some tracks in there, but it resulted in a crash and then finally when i managed, in a lack of some of the menu sounds, so i rolled back)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'll pass it along. I don't deal with audio, so not sure why they were commented out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Does anyone know how to hide the morale and fatigue info that shows up when your mouse is over a unit? I forgot :/
    battle.txt:

Code:
    {BMT_FAT_FRESH}Fresh
    {BMT_FAT_WARMED_UP}Fresh
    {BMT_FAT_WINDED}Fatigued
    {BMT_FAT_TIRED}Fatigued
    {BMT_FAT_MOST_TIRED}Exhausted
    {BMT_FAT_EXHAUSTED}Exhausted
    {BMT_MOR_BESERK}Heroic
    {BMT_MOR_IMPETUOUS}Impulsive
    {BMT_MOR_HIGH}Steady
    {BMT_MOR_FIRM}Steady
    {BMT_MOR_SHAKEN}Steady
    {BMT_MOR_WAVERING}Wavering
    {BMT_MOR_ROUTING}Broken
    You'll notice we've already abstracted the precise values somewhat.

Could you elaborate? Whad do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Could you elaborate? Whad do I need to do?
    Either change the words for each level to something else, or remove them altogether if you want no feedback.

Laetus

At first I want to thank you for this great mod. Best game i ever played. In version 2.3 there was strange situation on the battle map, armies wasn't deployed "face to face" in this version situation will be the same? Sorry for my english.

Either change the words for each level to something else, or remove them altogether if you want no feedback.
    Got it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I took a look at descr_sounds_music, is it supposed to have all those semicolon in between the tracks?
    As noted in the changelog, we discovered that you can't have different music for "winter". Every piece of music that was previously listed under "winter", well, it never appeared in game. So I kept the original lists "just in case" a fix ever crops up, but in the meantime most of the winter tracks have migrated over to "summer" (meaning "all seasons")
    EBII Council

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

chalybes were light wariors . my paint

Chalybes - Chaldeans were South-West Colchis ( kartvelian ) tribe
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 06, 2018 at 05:26 AM.

Genava's Avatar Senator

LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Biarchus

Wow, I've been gone for awhile. I wasn't expecting this. That's a lot of new units.

Perroelo's Avatar Foederatus

Nice work! Where do you get the historical info about the lougiones, though? Like names, for example? I've tried to find some info but it is scarce.

@Wulfburk
    You will face a crash every first time you load the game after making the audio changes. Just reload after the crash and that should be okay if all the changes have been made properly.
    Beware that there is a limit of songs you can add in the descr_sounds_music. The total size of the file descr_sounds_music can not exceed a certain amount of MB ( I don't remember the exact number though). If you cross this limit the new musics will not be loaded and you will hear the original music only.