Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.35 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Got it. Thanks
    I did not get it. Where is the file?

I did not get it. Where is the file?
    In \data\text\ - you need to delete the corresponding .strings.bin file to get the game to regenerate the text afterwards.

Does anyone know how to hide the morale and fatigue info that shows up when your mouse is over a unit? I forgot :/
    You can disable all that unit info text in the eb2.cfg (?) file. Put "show_tooltips = 0". I do play without unit info, green arrows and banners, it looks confusing at first but great after you get used to it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-File-How-To-s

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Given those fleets are available to a range of Mediterranean factions from a variety of cultures, only a "generic" name would do.

The equilibrium is definitely shifted in favour of those you term traditional naval factions. With good reason, they maintained large fleets of warships at great expense to create their dominance of the Mediterranean, which is the primary naval theatre in the game. Pirates were never more than a nuisance against proper fleets, it was only when those fleets were disrupted by the activities of the Romans against their sponsors that piracy spiralled out of control.

Not all shipbuilding is created equal, nor is every faction able to get the same value from it. The advantage of a Pontomora fleet is that they are relatively cheap and easily acquired, there is no universal formula that means every fleet type is of equal cost:power.
    Like I said before, I welcome the change brought by this new dynamic since in previous versions the pirate ships could do some serious damage do to the auto-resolve mechanics.

In terms of the pontomora fleet, formula or no formula, hard to believe that 25 ships have almost the same upkeep than 100 "Raiding ships", but I have faith in the process.
    Last edited by Raiuga; December 05, 2018 at 06:38 AM. Reason: I'm stupid!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Last edited by Khevsur; March 16, 2021 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Like I said before, I welcome the change brought by this new dynamic since in previous versions the pirate ships could do some serious damage do to the auto-resolve mechanics.

In terms of the pontomora fleet, formula or no formula, hard to believe that 25 ships have almost the same upkeep than 100 "Raiding ships", but I have faith in the process.
    That's by design - pirates should be dangerous in numbers only - and sometimes large stacks of them do spawn. Raiding Fleets should be up to the task of dispersing them.

We don't really have a formula for fleets like we do for the land units, or even a shorthand like the "upkeep = 3/16th recruitment" rule.

Some players that have played the new ver, where do you feel like is the most change in the gameplay or feel to the mod?

My main concern about the fleets is that it may be more cost/effective to use many raiding fleets together than build the more expensive ones, that's me through my campaign and doing some calculations (price and upkeep/attack and defense). I think an idea could be to make raiding fleets more maneouvrable (more movement points?), war fleets the most cost/effective and royal fleets the most powerful.

Civis

*cleans glasses*
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    My main concern about the fleets is that it may be more cost/effective to use many raiding fleets together than build the more expensive ones, that's me through my campaign and doing some calculations (price and upkeep/attack and defense). I think an idea could be to make raiding fleets more maneouvrable (more movement points?), war fleets the most cost/effective and royal fleets the most powerful.
    Unfortunately, there aren't many toggles you can apply with fleets. They all have the same number of movement points, carrying capacity and so on.

Fielding only Raiding Fleets (and Liburnes Fleets) is exactly what most powers did as Roman naval influence (or rather the vaccuum they created by defeating all the great maritime powers on land) grew. By the time Rome conquered Greece in the last 2nd century BC, trieres and liburnoi were the most common types of warship.

War Fleets and especially Royal Fleets are incredibly powerful, will dominate any other types in their locality. The latter were more a statement of ostentation and grandeur, than a practical application of military power. Thus the race to build super-galleys, culminating in the totally impractical "thirty" which never left the Nile. However they were also incredibly expensive, and Raiding Fleets would put down pirates just as effectively (in reality, they were even better at it than fleets comprising larger vessels).

War Fleets are the most cost-effective if you have real naval conflict. They will do a lot of damage to Raiding Fleets they encounter, so if the faction you are warring with has them, you can't just swarm them with Raiding Fleets.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    In \data\text\ - you need to delete the corresponding .strings.bin file to get the game to regenerate the text afterwards.
    Works partially - one can still guess morale and stamina levels by looking at the smiley face and heart symbol. I will just have to discipline myself to not look.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    You can disable all that unit info text in the eb2.cfg (?) file. Put "show_tooltips = 0". I do play without unit info, green arrows and banners, it looks confusing at first but great after you get used to it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-File-How-To-s
    I also play without unit info, banners and green arrows. I managed to disable the banners and green arrows, but the option for disabling the unit info isn't there... I swear it was there in 2.3...

I also play without unit info, banners and green arrows. I managed to disable the banners and green arrows, but the option for disabling the unit info isn't there... I swear it was there in 2.3...
    You have to add it yourself like in the link I mentioned.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    The New Guys have a new faction symbol
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It is based on gold staters from the Bellovaci:

LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    You have to add it yourself like in the link I mentioned.
    I managed to do it by turning it off in the main medieval 2 preference file... weird... I always did those modifications in the individual mod preference files.
    Anyways, it worked - thanks!
    Last edited by Rad; December 05, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

Looks like FM's who are in a battle don't get credit for participating (they stay "Green" even after being in a few battles) - this was working in 2.3. Can anyone else confirm that it's broken? Or maybe it's just auto-resolve battles don't count?

EDIT: Maybe I was wrong. I did have my FM get the "Blooded" trait after commanding a battle that I didn't autoresolve.
    Last edited by cowrecked; December 05, 2018 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cowrecked View Post
    Looks like FM's who are in a battle don't get credit for participating (they stay "Green" even after being in a few battles) - this was working in 2.3. Can anyone else confirm that it's broken? Or maybe it's just auto-resolve battles don't count?
    They should get AuxiliaryGeneral levels, but I don't know if autoresolve will trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Some players that have played the new ver, where do you feel like is the most change in the gameplay or feel to the mod?
    The turns are much faster, economy seems better balanced, there are a lot of interesting new traits around and battles look a bit harder (through that's probably just an impression).

I'm enjoying that fact prec has returned and the Celts can finally take advantage of their high charge atks.

As the Boii though, should I really accept Felsina's request for aid?

Aside from your army being possibly small, hoe do you even get to Felsina in time?

I'm glad the turns are apparently faster - there's been a huge amount of effort put into optimising the script to that effect.