Thread: UI Info BUG

Default UI Info BUG

Hi!
    So, i'm adding units for a mod, and i've done it countless times in the past. However right now i'm having a painful problem. my UI Info cards are not showing. I know i'm doing correctly almost every step because units are recruitable and every other info/change shows in game. The only issue is UI info display. The only reason i can imagine is the problem should be the fact that im using Steam RTW; and the last time i edited a unit like this was the retail version of RTW.

Please help!

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: UI Info BUG

I have read a few days ago about similar problem in RS mod, it has been reported that any units after entry 460 in EDU would have UI loading problem. Not sure this is your problem or not.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Hi El Santo Padre

I know this is dull, but please check following steps:
    1)export_descr_unit dictionary matches the name of Ui name
    2)make sure it's .TGA file and not .DDS file
    3)If unit is tied to culture instead of faction (if you made a unit recruitable by barbarian instead of gaul, german etc.) make sure that UI name doesn't have a name of faction.

If you can provide pictures of UI/Units/Faction/Unit , export_descr_unit for the unit and .TGA file, we can perhaps solve your problem

The problem will be different depending what you see on screen. You know that if you see a peasant with grey clothes the problem will be related with the arwordl srguments. If you see a UI square on white, probably the problem is related with Suppanut argument. However a screenshot will be helpful.

By the way, I like your new nickname.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE