Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.32 - Report Bugs Here!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default EB 1.32 - Report Bugs Here!

Hello,
    Report any bugs related to EB 1.32 here.

Thank you.

-b0Gia de Bodemloze
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; December 17, 2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Civis

Default Re: EB 1.3 - Report Bugs Here!

lol, @moriluk already made a thread. Here is what they had to say:

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    Here is a list of issues I have had with version 1.31c. Anyone please reply with fixes.

palm trees: For now best fix is to install rstextures (this will also get rid of giant trees and snow in the desert).

Macedon, Carthage, and Koinon Hellenon reformed units are available on turn 1.

Sauromatae and carthage cannot save games. There are some posts on this but the exact details of the fix are confusing. Can someone post a "fix"?

Hayasdan Persian reforms won't trigger (possibly from changes to city names?).
    Personally, I think Darthmod formations are pretty wonky. They were intended to work best with Darth's own mod.
    All I get is the Ai constantly trying to walk a circle around my units (and my lines), avoiding confrontation unless my units have their back turned.
    I don't like it. Please consider adding Sinuhet's...
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ33DA View Post
    lol, @moriluk already made a thread. Here is what they had to say:

Personally, I think Darthmod formations are pretty wonky. They were intended to work best with Darth's own mod.
    All I get is the Ai constantly trying to walk a circle around my units (and my lines), avoiding confrontation unless my units have their back turned.
    I don't like it. Please consider adding Sinuhet's...
    The bug with saves is related also to changes to city names. But i can't understand why, because we don't change the original name only the lookup.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    The bug with saves is related also to changes to city names. But i can't understand why, because we don't change the original name only the lookup.
    Bogia, this is because the lookup names are used in various places in the script. Both in the background script and the startup script.

Default Re: EB 1.32 - Report Bugs Here!

Yes but it's the names in the right, not the names in the left. That's why i don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Yes but it's the names in the right, not the names in the left. That's why i don't understand.
    The problem with the RTW scripting language is that while the majority of conditions use the internal names, the SettlementName condition actually takes the lookup names. Take this part of the CAMPAIGN_SCRIPT.TXT:

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Kart-Hadast
    and GarrisonToPopulationRatio < 0.01
    console_command give_trait "Manivs Romanvs" UnitSize 1
    console_command give_trait "Caivs Romanvs" UnitSize 1
    console_command give_trait "Cnaevs Romanvs" UnitSize 1

The EB 1.2 team used "Kart-Hadast" here which is the lookup name, not "Kart_Hadast", because the condition SettlementName was used. In 1.3 the lookup name was changed to "Kart Hadast" so this part of the startup script would run into problems. So people were unable to save when playing Carthage.

Good i will check more on this.

Cannot start game. This is the error msg I get from.

Disk, no Steam.

Edit: solved.
    My stupid pc flagged EB desktop link as read-only, and when I went to edit it didn't save changes.
    PS.
    It is possible to get borders back? I know many don't like them at all, but I find them useful especially when placing villages...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Senzanome.jpg  
    Last edited by Uesugi1971; December 20, 2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Miles

Right clicking Antigonos Argeades causes the game to crash without a message

Miles

CTD without error message when clicking retrain in Cyrene as Macedon

Miles

Trying to get into a field battle against Seleucids with Parthia at Asaak

Miles

With copying the file from 1.3b into the installation, it looks like this, but at least the battle loads:

Miles

Generals of indian rebels have an off bodyguard:

CTD trying to bribe Alexandria Ariana in 258 winter.
    Also I noticed the four year turn has three summers and one winter.

Miles

Seemingly random no error CTD when trying to retrain, mostly getting it as Seleucids

On the battlefield's 2 AI vs 1 human, sometimes AI moves only the smallest of the two forces you are fighting against. The bigger freezes, and if you have an archers' army you can move behind it and masacre it. Big way.

Agatocle of Bactria causes the game to CTD when a besieged enemies sally out.

238 bc I've held Bactria for more then five winters and no Saka reforms

CTD on turn 3 as the Romans with proper scripts activated after taking Taras with specifically Caivs Avrelivs Cotta. I can conquer the settlement and begin deconstruction and rebuilding but when i right click Caivs Avrelivs Cotta to view traits or recruit mercs as he exits i get a CTD. Other Characters remain unaffected as i right click. Attempted to pass 2 turns and siege Rhegion with the same result after completing the conquest and upon right clicking Caivs Avrelivs Cotta.

238 BC third summer playing as Sakarauka I press end turn button, it processes up to Eleutheroi then freezes but doesn't CTD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast