Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special recognition for Gigantus for his achievement as a Modding Hex

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Special recognition for Gigantus for his achievement as a Modding Hex

It is not often a Hex resign and are held in the highest regard from every member on TWC, but now has the time come and I think Gigantus deserve something special similar to what Garbarsardar got when he resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Thanks for all Gig'! You should get a personal user group and badge. Think of something gigantic...

What do all think?

Lastly, I must say it has been a real pleasure and a privilege to work with Gigantus the short time as I did and during that time he show that he want to do what he thinks is the best for TWC.

Thank you Gigantus for the hard work you have done over the years.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Special recognition for Gigantus for his achievement as a Modding Hex

That is reserved for former site owners.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Special recognition for Gigantus for his achievement as a Modding Hex

Then I propose we create a "Gigantus award for administrative excellence". It shall be one tier higher than divus and shall only be awarded to gigantus or the extremely unlikely individual who surpasses his admin efforts.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I'm open to honoring Gig beyond the normal awards. Perhaps naming a forum after him, like Garb had/has his fight club.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Then I propose we create a "Gigantus award for administrative excellence". It shall be one tier higher than divus and shall only be awarded to gigantus or the extremely unlikely individual who surpasses his admin efforts.
    The non-former owner admin who has done more for TWC than any other was Simetrical, and he only has Divus. There's no need to create any new awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Then compose a proposal and post it in the Prothalamos.

I don't think we should let this special award for honour be mixed with the Divus award, because that requires a nomination by a hex or former hex and giving Gigantus a special award doesn't need a nomination IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    I'm open to honoring Gig beyond the normal awards. Perhaps naming a forum after him, like Garb had/has his fight club.
    That's why I posted this in the first place, but naming a forum after nah I don't think that's a good idea. Just see what happen to the Fight Club and now it has very little activity these days.

I think it's better to give Gigantus something that reminds him about the last thing he did as a hex and what I'm talking about is the image used for the Modding Director badge and to be more precise it is the portrait of Caracalla as a bust.

The reason for that as he was the only Modding Director for the Modding Staff and now there is no Modding Director appointed, not yet.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

The non-former owner admin who has done more for TWC than any other was Simetrical, and he only has Divus. There's no need to create any new awards.
    On a somewhat related note, after issues with Calvin/Tony83, nothing else will be named after a member regardless of their standing.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Ah well, understandable. Thanks for the info Tango.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

OK then. The TWC award for administrative excellence, and give it to Simmetrical and Gig.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Thats essentially Divus then isn't it?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Gig really does need something special in my opinion, having an entire branch of staff created to fill the void he leaves speaks to his achievements and contribution -- but a truly special award of some sort would confirm it.

Opifex, divus etc, those aren't quite up to spec.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    Thats essentially Divus then isn't it?
    No. Not really as I understand it. The Divus award is bestowed to a former hex who have served for a period of 6 months and being a large award requires a nomination, but in this case a special award doesn't require a nomination.

There's so much more to Divus than the description and how it is gained. The last was awarded in 2014 (Halie), an eon ago in internet time. More than half are from 2008 (they are on the same date in 2008 when I assume Divus was created, so the actual work done predated that). Its special enough, especially considering that a large majority of Hex do not and will not get it.
    Last edited by Tango12345; December 04, 2018 at 03:50 PM.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

There's so much more to Divus than a basic reading of the description. The last was awarded in 2014, an eon ago in internet time. More than half are from 2008 (they are on the same date in 2008 when I assume Divus was made into an award, so they'll predate November 2008). Its special enough, especially considering that the significant majority of Hex do not and will not get it.
    I remember Beli and Aradan. Were they the last?

You caught me whilst I was editing my post . Halie was the last.

Halie was the last.
    And Aradan nominated Halie.

Personally, I am not a big fan of former owners having their own badges, but I can see the argument. When Divus was first created it was for those that have "run" the site. They have since expanded to include a wider base of "administrators." There are a few administrators who have not been considered since the expansion who still have not received the award, like Wild Bill Kelso. Gig was a great administrator and there is no greater honor given to admin than Deitfication.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Gig was a great administrator and there is no greater honor given to admin than Deitfication.
    this, and free beer for the rest of his life
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I don't blame Leo for bringing this up; in the Modding Staff, Gig has a cult following.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

He have always been industrious and good humoured.
    Last edited by Narf; December 12, 2018 at 03:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast