Thread: Medieval 2 model coding

Default Medieval 2 model coding

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to code in a new model replacement for the stainless steel Novgorod/Kievan Faction leader/Heir Battle map model and the Northern European King/faction heir Battle map model. The problem is i can't find either model i'm looking to replace in the stainless steel folder.
    Can someone help me with this? I'm at my wits end.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Medieval 2 model coding

are you looking for the mesh files to replace? if so there under ss6.3/data/unit_models/rus/models

the texture files are same place but under ss6.3/data/unit_models/rus/textures

I think all the russian related (novogrod,kiev etc) stuff is in that folder. I think.

You might have to change up the battle_models.modeldb as well, but that tutorial should be in this forum somewhere.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

I found the Russian one and i replaced and renamed all the folders, The mesh is working but my textures are silver surfering for the model.

Nevermind i took care of the russian one. I just need to find the Northern European king now.

Okay so, I found something strange that doesn't make any sense..The Kievan general uses the same model as the kievan captain? I can't figure out where the kievan general battlemap folder is either.