Thread: Post of the Fortnight - Competition Commentary Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Post of the Fortnight - Competition Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Would it be too cumbersome to have hunters enlisted to hunt for good posts? If a set number of people were tasked with that it might help create the necessary content. Those people would pledge to pick posts objectively. Members of academy picks the posts and we the people vote for them.
    Sorry for the delay in answering you, PoVG. I needed to think about it and we had some internal discussion concerning your suggestion. I find what you suggest to be the optimal situation but, in reality, if people are not nominating posts right now voluntarily, it would be hard to come up with volunteers that are required to do so. And if they were required to do it, they would need to be staff by definition. But that is not a problem in itself; it is just that anyone stepping up cannot be made staff the very instance they volunteer for something.

So perhaps an amalgam of my suggestion and yours would be in order. First do a campaign of reminder posts concerning PotF once people come back to the forum after their summer activities. Invite people to nominate good posts and, for those that are interested, let them assume a more active role in in the nomination process. If they do it for a while and show active and positive disposition, open up talk of staff membership and doing it regularly. It's been a bit different until now. I was asked to join the gaming staff solely because of posting in good faith for a longish time (or something like that), not specifically because of my activity in the competition realm. It doesn't have to be that way exclusively.

Just as a disclaimer, I am a new staff member and cannot promise anything to anyone. But judging by the discussions I have had with the senior members, they do keep an eye out for new potential staff members.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; July 27, 2021 at 01:46 PM.