Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Post of the Fortnight - Competition Commentary Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Post of the Fortnight - Competition Commentary Thread

Please everybody joins me in congratulating with Cope for his well deserved Bronze PotF medal! Congrats dude!!!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Congratulations!
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

@ Legio: You haven't my permission to nominate my post. I don't want to be nominated in this competition and especially not by you.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    @ Legio: You haven't my permission to nominate my post. I don't want to be nominated in this competition and especially not by you.
    I'm removing your post right now, but please let's not make this personal. Thanks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Thank you.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Now i have shown my second mood.^^
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    I am not entirely clear about the limitations of the eligible period, as I couldn't find any explicit information on it, but anyway:
    Basically, everything that has been posted after the last poll has been set up, but of course this rule is strictly applied only when new rounds are set up every 15 days; needless to say that due to lack of activity (in general) and nominations, the supposed schedule of 15 days has been not always followed, especially during the last year, so as long as the nominated post is not before the penultimate poll, it's acceptable. In any case we check nominations validity and in the case we see something problematic, we will discuss it with the member who cast that specific nomination.

I'm at your disposal for further clarifications

Default Re: POTF 44 - Nominations

I think my post, which is doing nothing more than quoting Trudeau, does not fit the requirements to be eligible for this...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    I think my post, which is doing nothing more than quoting Trudeau, does not fit the requirements to be eligible for this...
    Infidel 144 is right.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Infidel 144 is right.

Sometimes a statement you never thought would be uttered is, the impossible made real, and one can’t help but wonder at the majesty of revelation. Consider the submission withdrawn. Be well

Blog Entries

No problem, I've already removed it

Anyways, feel free to nominate other worthy posts, if you spot them, but also please remember to check the rules.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

I had indicated that I wanted to enter the competition with the post from the relativity thread, not the other ones.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    I had indicated that I wanted to enter the competition with the post from the relativity thread, not the other ones.
    Apologies, I've updated the poll.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Obliged
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

3. Be logically coherent, well organized and communicate its points effectively.
    This stipulation is why I'll never have a nomination here xD

Blog Entries

Me neither

But we are good in other things, aren't we?

Content Staff Magistrate

Yep!
    Stuff and stuff and stuff!

Just an update on Post of the Fortnight competition. PotF has been on hold since there was a drop in forum activity, most likely due to an unprecedentedly hot summer in many places of the world at the same time when Covid restrictions were lifted all over.

The previous round accumulated only two nominations and they were tied, so no winner has been announced yet. I am going to restart the competition soon and go through some Discussion and Debate posts retroactively and nominate some. So you can do us a great favor by nominating posts yourself to promote quality posting and reward those who put time and consideration into writing good posts.

Most likely we will have a summer round soonish with posts from a longer period of time than usual and then gradually shorten the time span as things pick up on the forum again (looks already a bit better!). That will involve some promotional posts to remind people about nominating and voting. I will consider what to do with the so far undecided round.

If you have any ideas or opinions on how any of this should be handled, I am eager to hear you out! Flinn is unavailable at the moment and Lord Thesaurian wants time off everyday duties, so we can take some liberties concerning how things are done unless guys in the gaming staff disagree.

Content Staff Magistrate

Good idea, this was always cool to look at. Having a longer period to draw nominees from might also increase the quality of posts nominated!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Flinn is unavailable at the moment and Lord Thesaurian wants time off everyday duties, so we can take some liberties concerning how things are done unless guys in the gaming staff disagree.
    That one came out a bit wrong. I did not mean that now that the senior members are out of the picture, we can start messing around like there's no tomorrow.

What I meant is that now that it is just me instead of a team of three people running the competition, this is a good moment for someone interested to get involved and help me with developing the competition and, importantly, nominating posts. It would be a way to introduce oneself to the staff and become a staff member eventually. For someone who has a thing for quality posting and organizing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Good idea, this was always cool to look at. Having a longer period to draw nominees from might also increase the quality of posts nominated!
    An excellent point, Narf!

Flinn was against extending the period and for good reasons, but this is a special time and we must adapt while intending to return to the old standards once long-awaited travel possibilities and summer activities no longer compete against hanging out at gaming forums.

Would it be too cumbersome to have hunters enlisted to hunt for good posts? If a set number of people were tasked with that it might help create the necessary content. Those people would pledge to pick posts objectively. Members of academy picks the posts and we the people vote for them.
    The Armenian Issue