Thread: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Submod Preview

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Submod Preview

Finally i have finished Version 5.6.500 (Wu Hu) Submod for Rise of Three Kingdoms!

This project was supposed to be finished a LONG time ago, but i will partially blame Seether for the delay, since whenever i was near finishing he uploaded a new update with such awesome changes that i had to redo the submod to be compatible with it! I have been playing with this mod since version 1.0 and was astounded with it's features, since the setting is one of my favorites. I have helped in minor changes through out the upcoming versions, and my major contribution to ROTK was in adding Korea to the mod. Lately ideas about what to apply in the mod have been coming into my mind, and so the idea of this submod came to be, where i focus on the barbarians of the game. I will put a full list of changes below but i want to spotlight the major ones for you to see.

First major feature is the addition of two new regions in the campaign map, Zhangye Commandery, which is northwest of Wuwei, and Wuyuan Commandery which is the new capital of the Xianbei faction, with Yunzhong Commandery being set further east as a rebel settlement.

Another change was in the Xianbei faction generals, where a new group of characters have been added to the faction, while the previous generals where made into rebel generals, so to try and accurately portray the division amongst the Xianbei Confederacy that existed at the time, and if you capture certain settlements, those rebel Xianbei separatists will start to follow you.

The rebel barbarian generals have been given further detailed with many new biographies and the addition of several more new generals into both 190 and 194 campaigns.
    I have an idea of a future update on this submod where the alternate Han faction is changed to a Xiongnu faction, but that is quite above my skill level to implement and so only with Seether's aid that can be done, where a year or two ago he actually was helping me in making that, but i had to stop the work at the time and so it came to nothing.

The Version 5.6.500 (Wu Hu) Update can be downloaded here

To successfully install the submod you must overwrite the rotk folder and then delete the map.rwm file inside the three data folders in "data\world\maps\base" "data190\world\maps\base" and "data194\world\maps\base"

List of Changes
    190 Campaign Version 1.4.500 / 194 Campaign Version 5.6.500 submod - 3 November 2023 - Two new regions, Zhangye Commandery northwest of Wuwei and Wuyuan Commandery, west of Yunzhong
    - Wuyuan becomes the new Xianbei capital, with Yunzhong being placed further east as a rebel settlement
    - Increase in the number of units in barbarian rebel armies.
    - New starting positions for barbarian rebels.
    - New biographies and titles for most rebel barbarian generals
    - Five new quotes focusing on the Xianbei
    - Steppe units renamed to Xiongnu
    - Yinping Commandery removed from Ma Teng's faction over to Di barbarians in 194 campaign
    - Song Jian removed from Unaligned Forces to Rebel Factions in 194 campaign
    - Xiping Commandery removed from Han Sui's faction over to Song Jian's rebel force
    - Xidu city renamed to Fuhan
    - Script to change Fuhan name to Xidu after Han Sui's faction capture
    - New Unaligned general, Su Ze, in Wuwei Commandery in 194 campaign
    - Liu Bao renamed to Luandi Bao and Shi Bao renamed to Yeyiyu
    - Two new rebel Xiongnu generals, Qubei and Xubugu
    - Wuhuan rebel general Qiuliju removed from the 194 campaign
    - Wuhuan rebel general Gujin replaced by new general Pufulu
    - Two new rebel Wuhuan generals, Nanlou and Nengchendi
    - Changed some the the "Tribes of" buildings to new locations
    - four new rebel Xianbei generals, Yanliyou, Luoluo and Tuiyan and Yuzhujian
    - Kebineng, Suli, Mijia and Jueji changed into rebel generals
    - Xianbei settlement capture script changed to get the Xianbei rebel generals
    - Changli remove from Gongsun Zan's faction to Wuhuan and Xianbei rebels
    - Tian Chou removed from Gongsun Zan's faction to Unaligned Forces
    - New general, Zou Dan, for Gongsun Zan's faction
    - New generals for Xianbei faction, Jiefen, Liwei, Pigu and Mohuba
    - Jiehu Territories renamed to Wuxiang County
    - Qiang Territories renamed to Shang Commandery, and the city to Fushi
    - Badong Commandery renamed to Badong Dependent States
    - Changli Commandery renamed to Liaodong Dependent States
    - Di Territories renamed to Linqiang County, and the city to Guangrong
    - Xianbei Territories renamed to Wuyuan Commandery
    - Xiongnu Territories renamed to Shuofang Commandery
    - Shanyue Territories renamed to Houguan County, and the city to Dongye
    - Shanggu Commandery renamed to Dai Commandery, and the city to Daijun
    - Wuhuan Territories renamed to Shanggu Commandery, and the city to Juyang
    - Yichau Island renamed to Yizhou Island, and the city to Yizhen
    - Tianshui Commandery renamed to Hanyang Commandery
    - Xindu Commandery renamed to Luo County
    - Xin'an county renamed to She County, and the city to Shexian
    - Dongyang County renamed to Xindu Commandery, and the city to Shixin
    - Renamed several factions
    - The toggle descriptions of generals have been changed. Generals are shown as that faction's general, while faction leaders are warlords and heirs and family members are clan members.
    - Jing-Chu troops renamed to Jing-Xiang and Jingzhou's elite troops renamed to Xiang Elite
    - Free upkeep for one unit in forts
    - Increase cost for forts and watchtowers
    - Increase cost and turn recruitment for agents
    - New portraits for Song Jian, Ya Dan, U So, Gye-su, Balgi
    - New portraits for starting Goguryeo agents
    - Goguryeo scritped general with the capture of Daifang replaced to a new general, Mu-gol
    - Gukcheon, Sansang and Gyesu made into rebel generals in the 190 campaign
    - Korean Unaligned generals changed to Balgi and a new general, Jwagaryeo, for the 190 campaign
    - Xianbei Unaligned generals made into rebel generals in the 190 campaign
    - New Qiang rebel general, Dianyu, in Xiping Commandery for the 190 campaign

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: [三国上] Rise of Three Kingdoms - Submod Preview

About time you got a preview out
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR