Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA Interview with the DeI team

Icon3 CA Interview with the DeI team

Hey everyone, I thought some of you might be interested in CA's recent blog where they are highlighting some mods over time. They did an interview with KAM and I about the mod, here it is: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/an-int...et-impera-team

Probably most of the stuff you guys already know, but there may be interesting things in there as well Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday season!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: CA Interview with the DeI team

Holiday?

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

It's neat to pull back the curtain a little bit and learn more about you guys. Now, when I'm talking about the mod on reddit or to others in general, I can link this and show them the additional features included.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Holiday?

Its this weird American thing where we eat Turkey and watch grown men in pads run around.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its this weird American thing where we eat Turkey and watch grown men in pads run around.
    Hey, they're not just running around! They're chasing a pigskin. Commercial. Also, don't forget their skintight matching outfits. Commercial. Plus the other guys who aren't dressed up and are yelling at them all the time. Commercial. And you get to see zebras running around too and sometimes they throw little yellow handkerchiefs at the men who did something bad! Commercial. Almost all the dudes wear special underwear that cups their privates and leaves their booty out
    Commercial. Then the camera pans across the half naked cheerleaders, just to reassure anyone that had doubts about the sports masculinity. Commercial.

All joking aside, my favorite part is probably the strategical depth of the game. Very entertaining.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Oh yeah. Isnt that where you "thank" each other and afterwards try to kill each other over a toaster for 20% off price.
    While studies show that the prices are raised the months before to fool people into believing they save money. Capitalism at its worst.

But anyways. Happy holidays to all and your families. May you enjoy each others company and cherish each other.
    And great interview [emoji4]

Perfect interview guys. Down to earth and telling it as it is. And giving so Much credit to a Lot of people which just shows your great character.
    And you mention me. #Famous

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 26, 2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Happy to see CA gave you a token of respect.
    Cheers!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Well done. Not only did you save this game, but DeI (and all the smaller projects that help make it) are the sole reason I would ever buy another release from CA. Knowing CA can continue to support a game and modders helps too of course.

Didn't know you basically started modding with Rome 2 Dresden, very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan the Great View Post
    Happy to see CA gave you a token of respect.
    Cheers!

It's the least they could do.

Enjoyed the read, hope to get into unit skin mods soon!

DEI is not just a mod anymore. It is a rare place in the internet where thinking man can share his thoughts with other people who also love historical titles. I see how this can turn even into something much bigger...

great interview. any ideas what this may mean?:
    You can find Divide et Impera on the Steam Workshop here and stay tuned for our upcoming announcement regarding the new launcher beta that brings with it a number of new features for mod management.

Interesting interview, I think CA is impressed that you managed to improve so much and implement so many new features which would normally trigger a job offer but CA must feel kind of embarrassed because of it ..... so only a handshake and a good old pat on the back will suffice

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    DEI is not just a mod anymore. It is a rare place in the internet where thinking man can share his thoughts with other people who also love historical titles. I see how this can turn even into something much bigger...
    if younarw interested, there isna facebook group just for history addicted people..i can invite you. there are daily posts challenges quizes etc

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LEXI2016 View Post
    It's the least they could do.
    Quite. Before DEI I had 13 hours logged on Rome 2. Post DeI I have over 100. On one campaign. DEI made e see actual good design decisions present on Rome 2 which the vanilla experience couldn't do.

if younarw interested, there isna facebook group just for history addicted people..i can invite you. there are daily posts challenges quizes etc

May I request an invite?

ofc. Type in facebook search Kings and Generals Documentary. That is an open group. Once you are there, ask for Nobles and Officers - this one is a closed group but they admit people that are into history and can behave themselves.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

I am happy that i learned some details about you as persons. Very mature responses. Did you ask them or point it out offtherecord or Have you noticed, and if you can tell us, any willing from ca part to provide tools to modders or make rome on par to warhammer 2 acording to modding flexibility? Maybe a future change?I still hope for a fix for the family tree, politics and traits hardcode mess. And something irrelevant, seems ca is about to lunch a retrospective campaign, bringing rome, medieval to steem. I would like to see a free battle camera for these games and other quality of life changes but i am not a dreamer. But.do you see a constant support and further quality of life changes, better ui etc for rome 2? Thank you

ofc. Type in facebook search Kings and Generals Documentary. That is an open group. Once you are there, ask for Nobles and Officers - this one is a closed group but they admit people that are into history and can behave themselves.

Thank you very much for invitation Vardan but unfortunately I can't behave myself What I meant was completely different thing.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Great to learn about you guys on a more personal level. Thanks for sharing. DeI 4 lyfe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast