View Poll Results: Which one would you get? (multiple-choice)

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition

6 54.55%
  • Hannibal at the Gates (Total War: ROME II DLC)

2 18.18%
  • Age of Charlemagne (Total War: ATTILA DLC)

5 45.45%
  • Grim and the Grave (Total War: WARHAMMER DLC)

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Arena shutdown freebies: Which one would you choose?

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Arena shutdown freebies: Which one would you choose?

Which one would you choose if you had none?

(I'll do the poll multichoice because I imagine most people would just suggest Medieval 2 but most of us probably own it already, that way you can choose Medieval 2 and your favourite dlc, if you want).

• Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition
    • Hannibal at the Gates (Total War: ROME II DLC)
    • Age of Charlemagne (Total War: ATTILA DLC)
    • Grim and the Grave (Total War: WARHAMMER DLC)

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the DLC for a game you don't own and save it for later?
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; November 22, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Arena shutdown freebies: Which one would you choose?

You need to have the base game. I couldnt claim because I already own every game and DLC so I send email to SEGA support asking if any of the DLC or Med 2 can be made gifted, not tied to own account.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

(No you cannot buy nor redeem DLC for game you don´t have in library. - google says mostly this) But originally i thought I could be possible...to redeem code like normal.

1) Medieval II - It is now Definitele Edition with Kingdom DLC/datadisc as well. 25bucks default price, no sale right now, but most dated.

2) AoG > HaG in terms of quality. (both default price 15bucks -66% current sale->5bucks)

3) Grim/Grave. Lowest price, lowest value. However it depends if you ever plan to get complete Wh(s) series. This DLC boost core two factions: Empire,Vampires. So it is kinda mandatory to enjoy fully two core factions. In Wh2 Vampires got recent update, Empire still waiting for it. So with each game and each combined campaign the value is increasing.

For Wh1 it is at the same time the last DLC you want to buy (After Norsca, WE, Kings/Warlords, Grim/Grave (here), Chaos,Beastmen, (or here) ) or just only one you need just to try the core game. Grim/Grave or Kings/Warlords. I would prefer the second one but you can buy one and get second here for free... it will get you 2 more full faction in Wh1 (Empire,Vampires and Bretonnia is fully updated free faction).Empire is definitely the easiest start for non fantasy player. It is very close to any other historical faction, nothing too much crazy.
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 23, 2018 at 12:38 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Which one would you choose if you had none?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get the DLC for a game you don't own and save it for later?
    Yes it is, I don't own TW Warhammer but I do own 3 pieces of DLC for it including the The Grim and the Grave, the reason is because I bought a TW bundle on Humble bundle and got the codes for them through that.

As long as you input the codes into Steam as normal then you'll be fine, have a look at the store page for that game and you will see the DLC is listed as being owned even though you don't own the main game.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Doesn't even let me reinstall the game, so I guess the deal is just for those players who happened to have the game installed at the time of the announcement