Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download, 2018

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Download, 2018

Would a kind soul please mirror the complete (3.0+the patch) mod directory of this and post it in this thread?
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Download, 2018

Alternativley, head to the MODdb page and find working links there https://www.moddb.com/mods/kingdoms-...n-mod-patch-41.

Anyhoo, here's the updated version directly off my mod folder, freshly updated to 4.3 with menu crash and mongol halberdier texture fix https://drive.google.com/file/d/11lc...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by King Athelstan; November 27, 2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

One small problem, only the data and advice has anything in it. is there suppose to be something in the other files for installation. Also, is like the normal installation where I have to replace on of my campaigns with this one?

Blog Entries

If only the data and advice folder have anything in them, you must have a wrong download. Download the zip file, then Extract the folder using Winrar/winzip/etc to your /mods folder. It should work then, and you don't have to replace anything!
    and Peaman

hey king athelstan. does your rar include garrison script ?

Blog Entries

It does. Though I have found the garrison script to be very helpful, and there isn't high-tier units that spawn, so I believe that one should play with it for the best experience
    and Peaman

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Any objections if I convert your upload to a steam compatible installer? I had several queries on the Steam forum as apparently the installation asks for a registry that is unique to the disk version and therefore aborts otherwise, plus there seem to be problems to get a valid download anyhow.

Please confirm what all is included in your upload, eg number of base version and patch number(s) and other changes.

Did the same just now for 'The Long Road' for the very same reason.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 28, 2019 at 10:16 PM.

Blog Entries

That seems odd, I use Steam and had no problems, one should be able to just exteact the files to /mods. Anyhoo, go right ahead! Not on my desktop right now, but I remember the details. It's updated to 4.3, and I've also applied the menu crash fix and montol halberd texture fix. Garrison script is untouched.
    Last edited by King Athelstan; January 29, 2019 at 12:17 AM.
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

A steam user tried to install it and got the message 'can't find m2tw, installation will abort'. If you managed to install it for steam then I will simply advise him to re-install M2TW as then clearly his registry is faulty and other mods that work that way will fail as well. In the meantime I'll link him to your google download.

In 'the long road' it was clearly the registry key the installation was looking for.

Blog Entries

Aye, I just did the normal procedure through moddb, so it's likely something is off on his end. You are very welcome to back my download up however, my Drive space is limited...
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

My upload bandwidth is atrocious and i usually time out - that's why I either torrent it or split the installer. But in this case it's not really worth the hassle.

To follow up: the original installation is a compressed file? Then when does the registry part comes into play?

Blog Entries

Nowhere, as far as I can tell. It's the complete mod, just compressed with Winrar. Shouldn't be any trouble with a registry at all, as far as I can tell
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Just found where it originally comes from:
    INSTALLATION
    ===========

You will first need Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 3.0 installed. The installer for v3.0 reads the system registry for the path to Kingdoms.exe. It automatically installs the mod using this path. If M2TW Kingdoms was installed using the default path provided by SEGA then the install location will be C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod

Then download and install KGCM patch 4.2 before you install KGCM patch 4.3. They must be installed in the correct order for the new changes to work! Install patch 4.2 to the folder containing your Kingdoms.exe file. The default path is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War. If this is not you path, then type in the correct path when prompted for the install folder.

Next patch 4.3 must go to ...mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod folder. The default path is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod. If this is not the correct path then enter the full path to match your installation.
    It obviously won't work for Steam as it has no registry entry for the kingdoms.exe - anyhow:

version 3.0 at game front is obviously not available any more
    patch 4.2 is lost as shacknews has closed down,
    patch 4.3 is still available at media fire
    There are mediafire links at ModDB, let me copy here for posterity:

Step 1 - Download the installer .exe with the base mod files: (Steam cant find kingdoms, below for info)
    KGCM 3.0 download link: Mediafire.com

Step 2 - Install patch 4.2 to the folder containing your Kingdoms.exe file:
    KGCM 4.2 download link: Mediafire.com

Step 3 - Install patch 4.3 to your ...mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod folder:
    KGCM 4.3 download link: Mediafire.com
    KGCM 4.3 alternate link: Filedropper.com

In other words the links here at TWC are FUBAR and those threads need sorting out. Let me take it from there. Do you know of any 'fixes' that need to be applied, I saw a descr_character attachment in one of those posts?
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 29, 2019 at 03:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Ah, well then one can just apply the very simple fix of going to /Medieval II, copying medieval2.exe, pasting it, and renaming the copy kingdoms.exe
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Nope, not enough - the 3.0 installer is looking for the registry entry for the executable (and not the executable itself) which does not exist any more in steam since the glorious merger of those executables a while ago. And it will exit if it doesn't find that registry entry.

This is the registry key I am using which gives me the installation directory and works with Steam and Disk: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\AppPath

The installer must be looking for the GameEXE key for one the campaigns or some such approach.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 29, 2019 at 03:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Oh. No idea how I managed to install it then
    As for fixes that should be applied: I don't know of of any others, I haven't snooped that much around the threads. I haven't encountered anything needing fixing though
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Then I misunderstood - I assumed you had used a zip file to install. Reading again you mentioned moddb sources and those I am downloading right now. If those worked without a problem then I am saving myself some work because I won't do a new installer.

I did lodge a report about the link FUBAR here, Loli should forward it to you guys in modding staff. Basically checking all the download links and most likely replace them all with the mediafire links that I listed baove.

Blog Entries

Ah, I see. No, I just followed the links on the moddb page.
    Glad to see it cleared up
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Alternativley, head to the MODdb page and find working links there https://www.moddb.com/mods/kingdoms-...n-mod-patch-41.

Anyhoo, here's the updated version directly off my mod folder, freshly updated to 4.3 with menu crash and mongol halberdier texture fix https://drive.google.com/file/d/11lc...ew?usp=sharing

Lord King, when I downloaded your version(twice), the lower menu display within a battle was faulty(the fast forward, pause, and reinforcement display as well.... arenot available). I was wondering if there is a known fix for this?

All the installers were fine with me and my mod is doing fine so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast