Thread: OFFICIAL: Corps de Conde for Russian service (unit pack)

Default OFFICIAL: Corps de Conde for Russian service (unit pack)

Hello All!

In 1789, the revolution that began in France destroyed a centuries-old monarchy, plunging the country into an era of bloody chaos. Brutal struggle of the young Republic with numerous external and internal enemies forced to emigrate most disagree with the new regime. Once outside their homeland, the French royalists created a number of military formations for armed struggle for the restoration of the monarchy. The most famous was the Corps of Prince de Conde.

Content Description

This add-on introduces 6 new units for the Russian Empire: 2 musketeer regiments, 1 grenadier regiment, 2 dragoon regiments and artillery battalion. These units entirely represent Corps de Conde during its Russian service. The units are Prince de Condé’s French Noble Regiment, Duke de Hohenlohe’s German Regiment, Duke de Bourbon’s French Grenadier Regiment, Duke de Berry’s Noble Dragoon Regiment, Duke d’Enghien’s Dragoon Regiment and French 8pdr cannons.

Theoretically, with these unit as well as with units of the main releases your will be even able to arrange authentic expedition to punish revolutionary scum (e. g. in Italy or wherever they arise ). Something like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Game Files

Installation Procedure

1. Install Imperial Splendour: Rise of the Republic https://www.moddb.com/mods/imperial-...rotr-119b-full
    2. Activate the mod via dedicated launcher
    3. Transfer 2 files (IS Russia Conde.pack and patch_is_text.pack) to the game data folder and overwrite
    4. That’s it. Play

Sources and Literature

1. A. V. Viskovatov. Historical description of the clothing and arms of the Russian Army, Vol. 9
    2. Alyohin P. G., Leonov O. V. Corps of Prince de Conde in Russia, 1797-1800, Sergeant Military Magazine, No. 32
    3. N. Rogozan. Dragoon Regiments of the Russian Army during reign of Paul I
    4. Le Passepoil - Le Corps de Conde au Service Russe, 1797-1800

Credits

Imperial Splendour development team
    (current and past)

Wangrin
    PikeStance
    Bethencourt
    Herr Doctor
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus
    agunter999
    TSanada
    Dom Pedro II
    saffronbuyer
    Rohl
    hortanium
    Stevenhomles
    rohan97
    naxzul666
    mavyalex
    Topgearrules
    Ettenrocal
    JamesBlacksmith
    JaM
    TuranianGhazi
    carricanta
    Don504
    Flaviuss
    Flikitos
    Megasalexandros
    ForteS
    Lazy Knight
    Okmin
    Quixote07
    oleg2242

Enjoy!
    Last edited by oleg2242; November 20, 2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Minor texture change

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Corps de Conde for Russian service (unit pack)

Very nice - alternative source thanks to Markus Stein see "Le Passepoil" http://www.napoleon-online.de/Dokume...20-%201932.pdf

Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Thank you, I will definitely put it in my library. Unfortunatelly, as this book is quite old, some info is already outdated.

It's amazing . Chic surprise!
    You did not find information about how it was with one element of this corps of immigrants - a white armband in honor of mourning for the monarch?

"It should be noted that all the soldiers of the "Conde Army" were distinguished by one common external detail - a white cloth bandage on the left sleeve of the uniform. On its front there was an image of royal heraldic lilies (three from the nobles of all chips and one from hired soldiers), which were originally blue and then (from 1793) turned black as a sign of mourning for the executed Louis XVI. Such dressings emphasized the elite character of the emigrant formations and pointed to the unity of the political views of the “Kondytsy” 29.

Source: http://statehistory.ru/4563/Korpus-printsa-Konde-v-Rossiyskoy-imperii--1798-1799-gg--/"

I have not studied this period in detail, after the adaptation of the military charter in the service in Russia.
    Interestingly, they retained these dressings or not ..

Thanks. And no, I did not find any information neither visual nor written how it was with this bandage. From that article it is not really clear did they continue to wear it during russian service. As a sign of mourning for the executed Louis XVI was choosen black as regimental colour, I believe.
    Last edited by oleg2242; November 20, 2018 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oleg2242 View Post
    . As a sign of mourning for the executed Louis XVI was choosen black as regimental colour, I believe.
    Yes you are right . Although I will still try to find something with illustrations in the old editions about these notorious dressings. But I must tell you that your emigre regiments are a paradox. They completely and successfully replace Pavlov's "Prussian reform" of a later time. Great view .

Exactly, with all those models which are already done, anyone interested could easly create any kind of unit from Paul reign by symply cloning and modifing texture (e. g. colours) up to the taste.

Why is this regimental set still not included in the official assembly?
    After all, this is a minimal and very good addon ..
    With each update you will have to look for a new localization patch

there are units in custom battles but they cannot be recruited in the campaign, they simply aren’t there, I even made top-level buildings and still they aren’t, I have a game version
    RotR_1.1.9.9_anniversary_beta

Quote Originally Posted by slavic78 View Post
    there are units in custom battles but they cannot be recruited in the campaign, they simply aren’t there, I even made top-level buildings and still they aren’t, I have a game version
    I think this sub-mod is not designed for the latest IS release; but it is so for the previous one. I think if you added it to the latest update you may not be able to see the names and descriptions of these units as well.

Why don't the mod developers make an option for this and other submods in their download launcher as a separate button, or is it so difficult to include this add-on into the official version for a long time? ..

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    Why don't the mod developers make an option for this and other submods in their download launcher as a separate button, or is it so difficult to include this add-on into the official version for a long time? ..
    Simple because we dont need this pack^^.they are included in the next version.