Thread: Morrowind Total War for Steam not working, somebody wanna help me out?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Morrowind Total War for Steam not working, somebody wanna help me out?

Hello all, i were lucky enough to get a copy of the russian beta of Morrowind Total War for Steam some time ago.

But i ran into issues:

1. I tried to make it non-Steam compatible but it always start with an odd error-symbol and exits to the desktop.

2. I tried to use Steam, and while the background shows and the Morrowind-cursor - it still did CTD after a while with a similar error.

I did have similar issues with starting Third Age: Reforged with the non-steam version. But solved it after some text-editing of the .bat-file and the configuration. However, the same fix didn't work here.

I could send the beta at 440mb to someone who knows how to make steam-versions start. Because if someone can make it work then i would want it sent back in order to be able to take a look at it, possibly translate it etc. But as it stands i can't even enter it.

The beta was sent to me by it's creator on sep 2 2018.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 17, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Centenarius

Default Re: Morrowind Total War for Steam not working, somebody wanna help me out?

So it won't run either on the CD version and on the Steam version; but previously it worked without any problems?.

With the creators' permission, and if they agree, during my free time i may take a look at it to see if i can manage to run it on both versions.
    Temporarily retired from modding.