Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter of resignation

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Letter of resignation

Dear fellow Citizens,

it saddens me, but I have to resign from Curatorship due to off the site events which demand my full attention. To draw you just a quick and dirty picture, the business I'm running had suffered severely from the storm a month ago, my wife has been taken to a sanatory for the foreseeable future and last but not least my now 17 months old son demands my attention. Therefor, I have next to no time left to spend for this site in the forseeable future and thus will be inactive for the comming months, at least.

However, I feel the need to leave you with a few thoughts of mine.

Running for Curatorship was born from a joke with Brew. I actually didn't feel like becoming Curator again. However, you choose to entrust me with that office, despite the fact that I did expressis verbis state I would not have the time needed to commit to it. I thank you all for that. I was deeply touched and honoured by your confidence in me.

I like to also thank the entire Curator Team, who did a great job in the few weeks, to keep my back clear and to cover me in next to every regard save the technical restrictions which can only be dealt with by the Curator. Other than that, they were the Curator, not me.

Brew and Iskar were sterling Co-Curators and acted in all but name like a Curator. Without them and their constant and tireless efforts I would have resigned the minute after the poll result was public. I love you both and you do really grand! Brew managed the citizen aspect of the office with grand engagement while Iskar was a great meantor with regards to the moderational aspect of the job. I can only commend you for your work and work ethos!

Then there are Elfdude, Aexodus, King Athelstan and Greek Strategos, who all did a great job in getting to know the ins and outs of managing the day-to-day activities. I would love to see you guys take up a more proactive role in the Curia as elected officials. All of you are great persons and have huge talents which could only benefit the site.

I had a great team!

However, any given team can only be so good as its leader and I was not a good leader. In the start I layed down the rules and policies and then real Life struck and I virtually went MIA. Brew and Iskar did their best to fill that gap, but naturally their mandate derives from me and so, in the end, I let them down. I like the Curia to know that in cases where members of my team did act outside their remit or outside the procedure I wanted them to act in, it was only done with them having the best intentions. They are without fault! The fault is entirely mine since I failed in providing them with guidance when they needed it the most. For that, I can only appologise to my team and to every Citizen. I'm sorry.

Now, that being said. I like to spend some thought on what I've experienced in this very short month of Curatorship. I was socialized in a Curia where becoming a CdeC member was something to strive for and becoming Curator was the highest honor and duty you could reach in the Curia. I always regarded the Curator as caretaker of the Curia, as somebody who was bound by the Constitution, but had discretional freedom of decision whenever something was not written in the Constitution. A leader, whose duty it was to shape policy and set things into practice and to flesh out the roughly outlined duties of the office with his ideas. I never conceived the Curator as a rubber stamper or as simply a the bookkeeper of the Curia (of course that is one of his duties, but not his purpose). However, that idea might have changed.

Also, when I got access to the Politia forum the irritation about the public referrals and appeals I've read in the past months changed to being completely stunned because of what the instrument of referrals had been degenerated by now. Seriously, if it was only for that referral system and the way people "use" or "abuse" it today, this place needs to be redone. Referrals really need to go. Same with the spirit of when and why people feel compromised when judging referrals. Do not get me wrong, pelase. I respect the decision of each and every Censor. However, the Triumvirate sometimes is rendered incapable of dealing with cases due to such simple things as Censores knowing or guessing the referrers name. ...

Then there is moderation. I am really sorry, maybe my time in Moderation has changed my point of view with this regard, but I find the notion that a subforum should be exempt from the regular and coherrent application of the ToS based on the notion that the members interacting in said forum would be behaving themselves at least so good as that it can be resonably expected them treating eachother with respect and them not breaking ToS would be a given, at best naive, at worst laughable and in practice unrealistic.

I don't see any justification why the Curia should be allowed to be a place where people can behave like a dick to eachother and get away with it while on the same time providing a very bad example for behaviour and conveiing the idea of it being accepted, even cherrisehd since they are the premium users of the board. In the same time, all others are expected to adhere to the ToS and be nice to eachother, at least to a minimum degree. That, gentlemen, is living double standards at its finest and I feel ashamed I have to say that.

I could go on here for hours, alas I don't have the time and I don't want to waste yours. However, maybe you like to think about some suggestions. If you really want to do something good for TWC as a site. I suggest to reform the Curia with regards to:

- rethink the entire structure of officials and their duties and discretion

- get rid of the so called "citizen behavior"

- get rid of citizen referrals

- keep staff referrals

- introduce moderation in one way or another

- train your officials/executives

- do something useful with the part of the FP that is reserved for the Curia (remember shank doing all the cool stuff in his Curator stint?)

- keep the populism and political agitation and obvious trolling and personal vendettas out of this place and tell people who do that off

- treat yourselves and eachother with respect

So, I think I've said my piece. I wish you all the best of luck and goodspeed and maybe we see eachother around in a couple of months, since we all know that you can take a break from TWC if you must, but you cannot leave it

Cheers,

Aik

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Letter of resignation

Take care of yourself and of your family Aik. RL comes first, especially when it's about family. I wish you all the best for the coming weeks/months and hope to see you back around quite soon
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the hard work you have put in during that short time. Crossing my fingers that you will be able to sort out your RL as soon as possible.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quick! VoNC Aikanár for abandoning us!

Best of luck with your real life duties Aik, and at least you kicked some life into the Curia I for one support everything I saw ya do.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I am saddened by the news about your personal circumstances and hope you and yours can turn them around sooner rather than later.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

All the best with your RL circumstances Aik, and I’d like to express my thanks for allowing the CA team to come on board with you in the Politia
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Indeed. You did a brilliant job, and I'm proud to have served under you, be it a short amount of time. I sincerely hope everything goes well in your life, you deserve it.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good luck with RL aik you did a great job
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your troubles Aik, hope you manage to sort them out soon. Thank you for your work here, even though it was a short tenure you really did liven up the place.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Let me begin with correcting you, you have never let me down Aik.

I'll have to be honest, I wasn't too thrilled to serve as an assistant but you quickly made sure I'd had my own responsibilities. Having had the privilege to work with you only further increased the respect I already had for you. I truly hope you're wife will be good, your business thriving and that you may have happy moments with little Aik. We'll be here waiting for you to return.

Glück ab, mein Freund

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Best of luck Aik. Things will work out, I'm sure
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

All the best to you, man, take care of your loved ones and get that business back up running. I'm sad for you, but given what I know from you, not worried that you won't make it.

I will also echo Brewster that you did not let us down. We all signed up on this ticket knowing fully well the circumstances and you provided the team with just the right amount of I daresay visionary leadership for this office.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that Aik We'll try and do you proud!

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

There is nothing to fault you for Aikanar, you did a fantastic job and taught at least 3 people from scratch. We still have a long way to go to be competent but you were the first person who decided to open up the Curia to developing a new generation of folks who were competent. You did wonderfully in your short stay and were this period not filled with the drama it has been I have little doubt you could've continued your term to the fullest extent. Alas' it seems that anger has a way of not being contained and destroying everything around it.

I thank you for your efforts to teach a new generation, I thank you for your trust in me, and I will miss your guidance dearly. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Take care of yourself. Your service to the site has been exemplary. We can only hope to measure up to the bar you've set during your term.

Real life comes first. Take care of your wife and child; there is nothing more important that! My thoughts are with you in this most difficult time of your life.

Sincerely,
    Pike

I wish you the best of luck in your personal endeavors, you will have my prayers and that of my extended family. I'm sincerely sorry to hear of your troubles. Best of luck.

I also announce as of this post that I resign my citizenship indefinitely.
    Last edited by Tango12345; November 10, 2018 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Insulting Others removed

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I wish you the best of luck in your personal endeavors, you will have my prayers and that of my extended family. I'm sincerely sorry to hear of your troubles. Best of luck.

I also announce as of this post that I resign my citizenship indefinitely.
    I am astounded of the lows you sink too, you announce your own resignation in the Curator's resignation thread, all in all attention seeking, shameful.
    Last edited by Tango12345; November 10, 2018 at 05:47 AM. Reason: continuity

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    I am astounded of the lows you sink too, you announce your own resignation in the Curator's resignation thread, all in all attention seeking, shameful.
    k

If you resigned your citizenship, be a dear and stop commenting in the CVRIA. It's almost been 24 hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast