Thread: Custom unit mod CTD Attila, no error.

Default Custom unit mod CTD Attila, no error.

Hello,

I've reinstalled Total War Attila and created a new unit (the same way you create a unit from Rome 2, using a unit creation guide). Upon completion however, activating the mod would result in Attila crashing to the desktop without any pop-up message error or the ".exe has stopped responding" error.

I've double checked all of my values and names, but found nothing seems to be wrong with it. I was using the Radious' Total Units mod as well as vanilla unit mod to compare values, but still found nothing.

Can anyone else dissect this file to see what's wrong with it, as I can't find anything wrong? Thank you!

Side note: I am using PFM 5.0 initially before switching to 3.5.2 just in case.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Custom unit mod CTD Attila, no error.

No wonder you get a ctd. All of your db tables are not given a custom name f.eks:"rad_land_units". That means that you have overwriten all the corresponding vanilla db tables, effectely modding out (not permantely) all the vanilla units. What you should do is add a word to the name of every db table like this:"rad_land_unit". Just like you did with the text file. Overwriting a vanilla file should only be done if you want change a vanilla value. Giving a file a custom name means it won't overwrite the vanilla file, and is much easier to work with.

Default Re: Custom unit mod CTD Attila, no error.

Aye, it's working now. Thank you so much! I'll have to keep that in mind, since I tend to extract vanilla db files and continue from there, though I did not know it would temporarily over-write vanilla tables!

Thank you again! It's running now! +rep!