Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lanjane's Barbarian Empires

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Lanjane's Barbarian Empires

Hi,
    do you know if this mod has an earlier version without colony buildings and trade revision? I prefer more vanilla-ish gameplay, but the other changes of the mod look really good.
    Thanks!

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Hello. LBE doesn't have these buildings. Also, the first version of HL didn't had them too. But i don't know if it's still available somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    Hello. LBE doesn't have these buildings. Also, the first version of HL didn't had them too. But i don't know if it's still available somewhere.
    Thanks a lot crazyroman!
    I did only some very brief spot checks, and saw that culture groups seem to share most units (stuff like celtogermanic cavalry). Do you know if this is intended, or I did an error during install?

I checked the mod and it looks very good. I really like that the map is not overcrowded with settlements, and I didn't notice any annoying scripting.

Yes that's intended. It's called AOR. Thanks for playing. Enjoy your campaigns.

Currently playing a trial Scipii campaign with 1.04. Very good fun, no bugs found. Awesome quality (Pyrrhus was a pleasant surprise).

One question though! I feel that loading the pimped up campaign map is a bit taxing on my PC (usually the music stutters too). Since I would mind more barren maps, is there a way to return to vanilla Rome vegetation/detail level on the campaign map?

Unfortunately there isn't any easy way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    Unfortunately there isn't any easy way to do this.
    Thanks for the reply anyway

In the meantime I realized that you are probably the creator of "BI vanilla".
    I must say that is an absolute masterpiece, a great expansion of my favorite campaign. It is very rare that a casual player like me finds mods which is ideal, but that one is perfect.
    Love:
    - battles are not awfully slow like in lots of mods, but are actually fun again
    - you kept the original map. This is the best part of the CA campaign. LEss sieges, more battles. Battles are decisive, like it happened in history (a roman loss against a major foe set them back for decades). While I like looking at major overhaul maps as eye candy, they often result in siege-fests because of the many cities.
    - very good gameplay for casual players, no 1000 gold to upkeep a unit
    - no lag at all, very good optimisation. Didn't have any CTDs either. (started with the patch tho)

I don't know if you plan to expand on this or not, but please keep this 1.1 version available for casual players.
    Thanks a lot, and again, congrats!

Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12