Thread: Help: is there a way to disable the 600/800/1,000 money script?

Default Help: is there a way to disable the 600/800/1,000 money script?

Dear all,

I really love this mod, both in terms of playability and the overal Renaissance period look and feel (the messages, the units, the map itself). However I have a real issue with the money script. I have even played Easy difficulty wrt caimpagn (not battles) in order to try not to go deep into red for reasons I did not understand.

For sure, I am more into the slow, city-building, RP-type gameplay than the script-oriented type of gameplay. It took me 3 attempts to understant at last that in fact, each time I put a general on a ship, I was losing money: playing as Spain for example, and in order that Sardinian cities are all governed by a governor, I put 4 generals from Palermo to ship them to Sardinia, and immediately lost more than 3.000/turn through what at the end I have understood - rightly I hope - to be the script that identified my generals as "in enemy territory", i.e. 800/feneral/turn.

I fear that many impacts of the overall money script go much beyond what I can play. Most probably it is due to my somewhat not that great management skills, but I play MTW2K mods for tears and have never seen such an impact. Even worse for me is that I am not able to plan because I can't really know what are the exact impacts on game of my decisions.

So I am wondering if there is an easy way to get rid just of the money script, and if possible, even better, to understand what are the elements of the money script, to try to plan my moves and decisions.

Sorry if what I am saying is not clear, but I really love this mod from all other aspects, and would really appreciate guidance on this.

All the best, and thank you Aneirin for this mod!

FFJean

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Help: is there a way to disable the 600/800/1,000 money script?

go to campaign_script.txt under the path data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign in your Italians_Wars folder
    Search "-800" and you should find what you want to modify.

Sorry for the delay of detailed information.
    In campaign_script.txt you can find this part by searching "-800" or somewhat in the picture.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm playing the ultimate version and don't know whether you are playing an elder version (4.0 or 5.0) or you just made a mistake of 600/800/1000 (300/800/1000 actually in the script), but I think it will work

Actually I want to disable or tweak this script too... I got totally bankrupt for ten turns when starting a grand campaign as hre

Dear Alondite,

Thank you for the information. Indeed I don’t remember where I got the 600/800/1,000, I am playing Ultimate. If you change the values of the script, would it be possible for you to share the modified script with me? (Maybe with us as a sub mod, of course?). I really love what Aneirin has done, but have problems (due to my play style of course) not to understand the elements that impact the economy. I have never ever yet modified anything myself, I am the worst guy IT-wise, but thanks to your explanation, I hope I’ll be able to apply the changes

So again, many thanks,

FFJean

OK, here you are.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zL...FwZKEXwXQ-kBny

I made three versions of the money script, two for reduced costs and the other one is the vanilla file for backup.
    You can choose one to install, or uninstall it to the vanilla one if you want 300/800/1000 back.
    1. 0/0/0
    2. 0/300/500
    3. 300/800/1000(backup file)

Besides I made a new map_FE.tga weeks ago (from the screenshot of campaign UI with toggle_fow), which is the map you can see when selecting a faction for a new game.
    The original one is based on the elder version, and is seriously stretched under 16:9.
    Preview of the original one:

Preview of the new one:

This file is also included in the folder as well, so it will be implemented as you install the new money script (or vanilla money script).

Have fun

Great, thank you! Playing as the French (which I must say I am ;-)), I have noticed what I believe are « script-related bugs », if I can say it like this:
    1/ I was advised (around turn number 100) that I could finance for 2,500 the actions of what apparently is a French Corsair acting against Spain (I didn’t take note of its name, sorry). I decided to invest, as I felt some good budgetary news could come afterwards. And indeed, a few turns (3?) after having accepted, I got a message stating that this Corsair had come back and I would get 10,000. The bad side is that I manage my cash very tightly, and although the 2,500 were indeed spent (cash was decreased directly), when I got and accepted the message that 10,000 would be contributed, nothing happened.
    2/ Maybe more of a question than a bug, I received a message (around turn 150+) that Henry, king of England, was invading north of France and I had to spend 20k to save FRANCE. I did spend the 20k, but don’t know what would have happened had I not spent the money.
    3/ As soon as a new war starts, I get the proposal to spend 6,000 to hire a Burgundian mercenary general with his army (usually, 1 general, 6 lansknechts, 2 musket infantry and 2 cavs). If not, those mercenaries would ravage my realm. First time, I spent it, , second time too, so got the armies which evaporate once peace is made. Sort far, so good. Third time, I refused, and had to fight these troops. Again, perfect. Now, turn 190, I accepted, but got no army. Maybe a bug, or a limitation to two mercenary armies? This I doubt.

Last, some unites (like spear men and voulgiers) which are available in the lower level of barracks, sometimes (e.g. in Switzerland) they disappear at the higher levels, which is a pain, because they can’t benefit from free upkeep then.

Just exchchanging with you, as Aneirin as stepped down, too bad, I think this mod is very close to being totally playable and very much fun, with a few bugs corrected!

All the best,

FFJean

PS: thanks regarding the map!

Hmm...I am not a developer of this fascinating mod, and actually very new to M2TW(you can see my join date...). I've learned a bit of M2TW modding but obviously not an expert of it.
    It's lucky for me to get where field-cost script is only by searching "-800", and annotations of the script is written in German(´・ω・`)the only German word I know is danke(actually I'm from Taiwan so you can see my textbook English...) so it may take time to figure out where the bugged script is. Besides the codes of field-cost script is intuitive and easy to understand, while I'm not sure whether other parts of the campaign script is as friendly as it...
    Anyway I'll take a look if I have time, but I cannot give you guarantee of fixing these bugs(if they are bugs, of course).

However, what I can tell you now is the problem of "units recruitable in lower level of barracks but not in higher level", can be a bug or not a bug. I don't know whether Aneirin want the recruit system like it, or just forgot to add them to higher-level buildings in export_descr_buildings.txt. For an example I know, Total Vanilla developed by 4zumi has this system on purpose.(eg. you can recruit mailed knight in knight's stable but cannot do so in baron's stable) That's why I can't tell if it's really a bug or not. However, it's not difficult (at least for me?) to be modified in export_descr_buildings.txt so if you really want your voulgiers free upkeep back, give me the list of this kind of units you found and I'm sure I can fix it. (some complains...no city nor castle in Bellum Crucis has free upkeep slot, it's even not a problem of you have to change the garrisons...)

Last, and actually the least, I love watching my serpentine butchering AI's pikemen it makes everything worthy...

Thank you very much Alondite. I'm an old soldier here, but unluckily, this is directly linked to my age, and goes along with me unability to do any IT thing... And so, I thank you again for what you have done.

What I meant about the lower/higher tiers of the barracks, in fact, I understand (or I may understand) that there is a progression, but when you look into the details, at the first 2 tiers, you can recruit Voulgiers, Spearman, but also swordsmen, pavise crossbowmen and condotierre. At highest level, you can only recruit (more) of the same swordsmen, pavise crossbowmen and condotierre. So it is not a replacemenent and what is a problem, is the fact that you can't have free upkeep units at higher level.

Sorry for my very French English, speaking with a textbook English writer, and welcome to TWC!

I'll tell you (and so, anybody interested can have a look), as I am playing, where I have the impression that the script is bugged (for example, obviously, what happened with the French corsair I was mentionning).

All the best, and let me agree, I love using my cannons, and also my archers (Gascons for example!).

FFJean