Thread: How do I flip a spear weapon that's backwards?

Civis

Icon5 How do I flip a spear weapon that's backwards?

Hello, I'm playing a submod for EB that has a 'texture error' in that the hoplite unit is holding their spears so that the butt-spike of the spear is facing forward (they also are holding their spears closer to the butt-spike than the tip). How do I get spear model to 'flip' so that the the unit is holding their spears the right way. I should note that the unit fights underhand so I want them to continue to fight underhand but with the correct weapon orientation.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How do I flip a spear weapon that's backwards?

Hi OJ33DA.

Maybe there's an easy text fix. Find entry for this unit in descr_model_battle.txt and change animation for primary weapon (find skeleton line and use, for example, fs_spearman or fs_slow_spearman).
    If this won't solve the problem, could you please upload the model via TWC attachment so I can have a look?
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Civis

Default Re: How do I flip a spear weapon that's backwards?

Thanks, that helped.