Thread: Non-elephant elephants CTD

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Default Non-elephant elephants CTD

Aka, trying to set a humanoid model as an elephant type mount. Back a few years ago this never seemed to cause problems, but with Steam RTW it causes frequent in-battle CTDs.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and has anyone found a fix for it? It affects a lot of my old mods and I'd like to make a patch for them if anyone's found a solution. I can't seem to hit on any particular cause of it, which is the really frustrating thing - when I do a battle with them, it might crash out on me or it might not, and I can't seem to find any particular animation or action that obviously causes the error.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Default Re: Non-elephant elephants CTD

I don't know if it's a Steam related issue but there is this thread in LotR that might be of interest
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15530963

on the "might crash out on me or it might not" watch out for if they're the unit with the general/captain or not - I've fallen for that one before eventually realising the with/without captain explained the apparently random problem