View Poll Results: Should Mr_Nygren be granted citizenship?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 86.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Artifex] Mr_Nygren (Patron: z3n)

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default [Artifex] Mr_Nygren (Patron: z3n)

Hello,

After observing modders work for quite some years I would like to see him at long last get the recognition he truly deserves -- his dedication to keeping great mods alive and persistence in doing so is a great thing.

[Artifex] Horsa has this to say about him (creator of WoTN)

Having worked alongside Mr_Nygren on Wrath of the Norsemen for a while now, I have yet to experience anything other than fairness and courtesy. When I took time away from TWC, he made sure to receive the permission of others and myself before using any of our work. He has contributed heavily to the modding community here, and I think he is well deserving of citizenship.
    [Artifex] Absinthia has this to say about him (another creator of WoTN)

due to lack of activity after the beta release, WOTN dev-forums were auto-moved to the TWC-cemetary.
    the dev-forum were resurected and saved in the nick of time, all thanks to Mr_Nygren`s interest in its continuation.
    as a result of the forum being almost deleted, all user permissions were lost and former team-menbers lost their access to the dev-forum.

so WOTN veterans will have to re-apply if they, for whatever reasson, wish to regain access to the devs.
    [Citizen] Atthias
    I know Mr_Nygren quite well

I say he is a very detictated modder and he has revived several nearly dead projects.
    A nice dedicated guy whom has been a blessing to the modding comunity.

He has my full support.
    I've always seen him as a great member and modder of TWC. He's a determined coder who has a strong work ethic, involving himself in multiple mods (not just one) and contributing to the community, giving them freedom of choice in multiple ways be it music, models, scripts or settlements.

I'd like to underline the fact that he has also created around multiple settlements himself (which is very time consuming -- as in EBII it takes us a few months per settlement).

It's also worth noting he has sought permission and even delayed releasing large submods simply because he would like to receive permissions from multiple other modders. And I mean directly to them even if they're inactive for extensive periods of time (!) , normally in large mods I have been a part of we see people ask the team who then gives permissions on inactive team members behalf. I really think he goes above and beyond in this aspect as well. Which is great to see.

His attitude has always seemed friendly and helpful to me. He's becoming a true pillar of the modding community and I really look forward to seeing even more contributions from him.

Applicant
    Hello Fellow TWC members.

I joined TWC in march 04 2009, and back then i was only a player of Medieval II: Total War, Empire Total War, Rome Total War and various modifications for these games - such as darthmod for Empire, Third Age for Med II or LotR for Rome.

I joined TWC because i wanted to be able to post questions, get more in touch with the mods that i loved playing - and also because i were interested in the stuff going on in the community.

I played many let's plays with few viewers between 2007 and now - and so i did play some of the new mods during the years in let's plays - such as the Sundering, Hyrule Total War etc. More often then not i did play mods without recording though - often playing many factions at once in hotseats with myself.

I used to play most of the time, but started modifying smaller stuff such as the stats in the EDB, the ownerships of settlements in the descr_strat and so on in 2013/2014. It wasn't until the year 2016 when i finally started to learn real moding skills, - such as how to implement unit models from raw-files, how to add new animations, how to work with every text-file basically and how to do all basic forms of coding. I even learned how to create and utilize videos for use in MedII, create portraits for units or family members, change textures, make smaller edits in MS3D to give units new gear or change their looks by removing stuff.

Some info - but do not forget that VltimaRatio is the creator of the unit models in Game of Thrones: Total War, and Bantu Chieftain is the one who edited and riged the models for the released version of Warcraft Total War - downloading a big portion of the models unriged from Warcraft3Underground - a WC3 community. Eoghan Wolfkin created the older models in Warcraft Total War based on Warcraft 3 models and Warhammer BotET ones.

- I have done lots of coding in both these mods, like implemented most units, added new siege engines, added new animations, done lots of work on gameplay and text-files for the units. Fixed stuff such as descriptions, issues etc. But the creation of models aren't my work. And neither was the older work such as the scripts, maps or UI.

- I have done a complete music mod for Third Age: Total War: Divide & Conquer.

- I have also done a smaller submod for an older version of Divide & Conquer where i implemented movie-esque dwarves and elves, with permission from the model creators of course, they were later included in the official version.

- I have done a complete music mod for WotN, later re-done and re-applied to TLK:WotN - and fixed all the visible issues in WotN plus added custom settlements - in TLK: WotN i replaced alot of the units/rosters for many factions, added the re-worked music mod with new music for new factions and re-made the gameplay a little.

- I have released the work on Divide & Conquer, the TLK:WotN submod version 3.7-3.8 and GoT:TW version 4.0 to 4.9 - a new release of TLK:WotN was released in decembre 18 2017 and it got issues fixed back in february this year - it's version 3.9 adding lots of material. WotN: The Baltic has gotten two releases by me, one in 2016 and one in 2017 - plus an additional release in february this year fixing issues with custom settlements not showing up as well as adding unique rebels to all the many regions held by rebels in the mod and other stuff as well.

- I have finished my submod for Warhammer: BotET but couldn't release it due to uncertainties about the use of certain models - it's a Warhammer BotET submod using the High Elven roster of the Sundering, and the Dark Elven roster of that mod as well - plus it has Sundering additions to the factions of Britannia and the Wood Elves as well, a submod for the old Hyrule TW 3.6 which is still under development, an attempt to finish the 0.9 beta of EoR: Main Campaign - which is still not ready but has only unit rosters left to add for certain factions and fixing of bugs, and Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign but no it's not ready yet neither. The BotET sub-mod i did finish in january, but haven't released - It would pretty much add the High Elves, Dark Elves, Brittannia and Wood Elves from The Sundering to BotET.

And of course Warcraft: Total War will soon get a very huge update in about a months time - but Bantu and Eoghan did the model work and TheHappyCrusader the map - WarcraftHero and Sulfurion much of the 2d work and some text-work and i most of the implementation and coding for the units and campaign.

Decembre 2017 and 2018 work that weren't in the older application:

- Decembre 2017 - The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen sub-mod got a huge update adding three new factions with new rosters, two older factions got new rosters, balance was done for all the new factions, gameplay changes, the creation of unit-portraits for the new rosters, new family members and other necessities for the new factions etc.

- January 2018 - My BotET mod were finished but never released - and is on MODDB without a download.

- February 2018 - Update 3.9 of TLK: WotN fixing issues int the mod. And the bigger update for WotN: The Baltic where i did add unique rebels to all the many rebel regions, changed diplomacy for all the factions (there were no diplomatic releations before, fixed custom settlements not showing up, fixed glitched units etc.

April 2018 - Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Release 1.0 were uploaded and ready - this wasn't entirely my work however, as we were a team of six people in total. I were the team-leader during the development period march 29 2017 to april 23 2018.

June 30 2018 - Warcraft: Total War: Official Public Release 1.1 were uplloaded - fixing a lot of issues of the 1.0 release and were more of a patch than a new version. It also did include about eleven new unit models.

Current planed releases - Warcraft Total War will get it's next major release in about a month. I have done all of the coding with the exception of some re-balancing of stats in the EDU. Bantu has done all the work on the models - and we have over 30 new models, some of which are replacements of older models - and others are new units. WarcraftHero were active in august and did some new battlemap-textures, fixed some UI-stuff, made a new radar-map - but most of the new work has been done by Bantu and me. The team has been us two with additional help from WarcraftHero whenever he had time off from studies.

Besides this coming release, i am also working on a few other projects that aren't ready yet.

I might have forgotten something, but i think that's pretty much it. Regards.
    Last edited by z3n; October 29, 2018 at 08:14 AM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] Mr_Nyugen (Patron: z3n)

Assuming you mean - Mr_Nygren.

Easy yes.

Support.

Default Re: [Artifex] Mr_Nygren (Patron: z3n)

Support.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Is there a reason atthias, the patron from the previous attempt, is apparently not involved? Has he been contacted before this application went up?
    I would also like to know whether Horsa and Absinthia have consented to being quoted as supporting voices in the patron's paragraph, given that the quotes are simply their statements from the previous application thread which, unlikely as it seems, may not be up to date with their opinion.

As for the candidate himself, I would have supported him easily based on the modding work the last time and only abstained due to some posts lacking in civility. I have not seen any further instances of lacking conduct in the past months when looking through his posts, so I'll happily support the application this time.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

It is not uncommon for prospective citizens to switch patrons. I applied with two different patron (though in mu=y case the patron had become inactive.

I am a little dismayed that there are no links.... so I went fishing for the first application.

...Mr_Nygren in the DAC forums where he made a music mod for DAC.
    He also merged together two mods that both included units from the Hobbit films into this mod.
    I also saw him in the the Last Kingdom mod forum where he made Wrath of the Norsemen, a submod.
    TLK:WotN is "The Last Kingdom" with "WotN" models, music and stratmodels added on-top of it - and the next version expands on that by adding more from other places. Basically it's TLK and WotN combined into one mod, using the TLK map.
    He also done a great lot of work for the Game of Thrones submod for Westeros Total War, and Warcraft Total War.
    For Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic Release, he has done all the work since 2016 Compared to the 2013 release, it has custom settlements, all issues fixed, new portraits, new text and a big music mod with unique music for all cultures.
    He also did a good submod for Call of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times, namely Expanded Elves Edition.
    I suggested that the application is postponed and it was. I didn't expect this much time to elapse. His modding wasn't issue. It was some questionable posts. Does anyone have any links to his recent posts that demonstrate a different attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Is there a reason atthias, the patron from the previous attempt, is apparently not involved? Has he been contacted before this application went up?
    I would also like to know whether Horsa and Absinthia have consented to being quoted as supporting voices in the patron's paragraph, given that the quotes are simply their statements from the previous application thread which, unlikely as it seems, may not be up to date with their opinion.

As for the candidate himself, I would have supported him easily based on the modding work the last time and only abstained due to some posts lacking in civility. I have not seen any further instances of lacking conduct in the past months when looking through his posts, so I'll happily support the application this time.

Yes I talked to him before submitting the app and have something to add from him
    [Citizen] Atthias
    I know Mr_Nygren quite well

I say he is a very detictated modder and he has revived several nearly dead projects.
    A nice dedicated guy whom has been a blessing to the modding comunity.

He has my full support.
    He just hasn't posted here yet.

------------

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    It is not uncommon for prospective citizens to switch patrons. I applied with two different patron (though in mu=y case the patron had become inactive.

I am a little dismayed that there are no links.... so I went fishing for the first application.

I suggested that the application is postponed and it was. I didn't expect this much time to elapse. His modding wasn't issue. It was some questionable posts. Does anyone have any links to his recent posts that demonstrate a different attitude?
    We let many in with questionable posts. i think this guy is great. Ive interacted with him a few times and have nothing but positive things to say. Those who disagree with him have been thoroughly castigated and their citizenship removed due to their shenanigans. Obviously they cannot be trusted.
    Last edited by z3n; October 29, 2018 at 08:31 AM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Then I'm all fine with it Thanks
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

abstain for now, the application is a bit messy and the lack of links doesn't help; not to be pesky, but an application is supposed to have all the info at hand, otherwise considering that there are no other claims about his behaviour, I don't have issues in supporting this application
    Last edited by Flinn; October 29, 2018 at 08:40 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    abstain for now, the application is a bit messy and the lack of links doesn't help; not to be pesky, but an application is supposed to have all the info at hand
    Z3n is new to the process, we can give a little leeway on formatting. Iskar has linked the previous application...

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

edit: nevermind I changed my mind, so support

but please do add the correct links, thanks!
    Last edited by Flinn; October 29, 2018 at 09:01 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    We let many in with questionable posts. i think this guy is great. Ive interacted with him a few times and have nothing but positive things to say. Those who disagree with him have been thoroughly castigated and their citizenship removed due to their shenanigans. Obviously they cannot be trusted.
    True, a bit of a grain salt should be considered when reading the previous application. I had a read through his post for the past few months and found as you did, "nothing but positive things to say." I see no reason not to give my FULL SUPPORT.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

There were some questionable behavior things brought up in the last (and first attempt), but seems no such cases happened since then, thus unless something changes about that, I give my support.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I did not do it any further due the debacle that happened back then

so hence z3n taking over since I was scared away by the backlash

he has my support obviously
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    There were some questionable behavior things brought up in the last (and first attempt), but seems no such cases happened since then, thus unless something changes about that, I give my support.
    You mean by Parafix and SoulsGameInc? Both of them raised unfounded allegations for which there was no evidence presented and were demonstrably dishonest to the point of being stripped of citizenship.
    The AI Workshop Creator

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'll just say at this point I don't consider anything that Parafix or Soul said to be honest nor worthy of further consideration on any matters at all.

Support
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Support.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Easy support.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I'll just say at this point I don't consider anything that Parafix or Soul said to be honest nor worthy of further consideration on any matters at all.

Support
    Likewise, support as well.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

Support
    Plus one. I see no problem here. Support!

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

I'd love some links to his work please. He's not easy to do research on beyond the OP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast