Thread: How to change DBM Fog of War to Vanilla?

Default How to change DBM Fog of War to Vanilla?

So I've tryed everything I could think of to change the FoW in De Bello Mundi but it just won't go away lol I don't necessarily dislike it but would like to compare with it and without it to see how I prefer. Thanks.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to change DBM Fog of War to Vanilla?

Well, fog of war 'doesn't go away' in general, the name hints at that. You need to use the console to lift it permanently.

That said I am assuming that something is different about this FoW - describing what the issue is, how it manifests will go a long way. Could it be that areas are black before exploring them with a unit for the first time?

Another issue, if changes in map_fog do not materialize despite deleting map.rwm, could be that there is a file of that name in the imperial campaign folder or you have a virtual store issue.

map_fog was exactly what was causing it, I actually didn't knew about this file or I didn't remember it. But after looking at it with the vanilla and comparing I actually like the DBM one and might help with computer performance too. Thanks for the help!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries