Thread: Economy and population considerations in conqueored provinces?

Default Economy and population considerations in conqueored provinces?

I am Rome.

I know for my core provinces that I should be trying to develop them for as much military and economic gain as possible.

But what about the conquered peoples?

* Should I be pursuing an extermination policy and Lebensraum for Romans?

* Should I be occupying and annexing them and trying to squeeze as much wealth as possible from the untermensch?

* When do you attempt to Romanize non-core provinces?

* When do you try to ally with non-core provinces?

Sorry, I am so hopelessly confused.

Thanks!

PS: excuse the WWII analogies, but I am in middle of a class on the history of the war

Default Re: Economy and population considerations in conqueored provinces?

Hi, I always exterminate as slavery leads quickly to squalor problems. I always make all cities a part of Rome ASAP except early when you might want quick allied cohorts.
    Check the AOR map for what areas you want to develop for military purposes for the named legions.
    C:\Rome Total War Alexander\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\AOR_Maps is where I have them.

neep's Avatar Tiro

I usually exterminate the population -

• Gives an immediate bonus of cash
    • Reduces the population so that it's easier to keep under control with fewer troops or mediocre governors. Allows my main force to move on and seek other targets.
    • Enslaving the city may not be enough to keep it under control - so your main force is now forced to baby sit the city for a turn or three

It takes too long for conquered towns to ramp up and be helpful for generating troops in the short term.
    They should be thought of as contributing to the long term strategy you have - creating a ring of conquered, low population cities around the core of your high population, revenue generating cities.

If you're lucky you might find a city that is easy to conquer but just a little too distant to reliably hold.
    No problem - conquer it and then destroy EVERYTHING to maximise the cash you can squeeze from it. Then leave.
    Anyone who takes it over will take possession of a city with very little benefit to them, and it can suck up a lot of their cash to rebuild the city back.

Keep the core cities in Italy growing and the building queue full, use your bonus cash to help with that.
    Keep generating troops from the Latin cities (use the bonus cash for that), move them to Rome for any extra buffs from Armory/temples of War etc.
    Send them out to conquer more territory.

Thanks, Neep. For the moment that matches my play book.

At the end of the day you should develop those cities once you have sort of pacified the region. In particular, Spain and Greece give a lot of cash so i strongly suggest you develop all the infrastructure there.
    Somebody here suggested to check the AOR to recruit new named legions but that is, indeed, not necessary anymore, as you can basically recruit all of them in Italy

At the end of the day you should develop those cities once you have sort of pacified the region. In particular, Spain and Greece give a lot of cash so i strongly suggest you develop all the infrastructure there.
    Somebody here suggested to check the AOR to recruit new named legions but that is, indeed, not necessary anymore, as you can basically recruit all of them in Italy

In Rome 1 (CA), you:

* Generally destroy non-faction buildings to reduce the PO hit. And then rebuild your faction's build tree.

* If you are close to the next city level upgrade, you don't destroy, because further building will convert buildings to your faction.

* In some cases, the pluses of a non-faction building is so substantial that it exceeds the PO hit. Or it yields, a plus your faction cannot replace. So, you leave it and take the PO malus.

With RSR, do these basic rules apply for managing building in non-faction cities you occupy?

Are Roman/Greek/Eastern treated as one super faction in RS3? (meaning should I show greater tolerance when conquering Greek cities)

Thanks!