View Poll Results: What is to be done with this Referral?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Further Action

0 0%
  • Dismiss

2 100.00%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [2018-XXIX] [Citizen Referral] Van Zandt

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default [2018-XXIX] [Citizen Referral] Van Zandt

For review of the triumvirate.

Van Zandt.

This request for review is regarding the secondary claim of additional charges to be made against Hitai.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitution section III
    A VoNC may only be initiated for neglect of duty or abuse of authority9

9 Frivolous use of this procedure shall be considered grounds for Curial disciplinary proceedings as per Section III.
    There were nine days between the assertion additional charges were pending and the request to close the thread. Hitai still holds a position of censor. If there are questions as to his integrity, the appointment of a new curator does not negate those questions. For nine days the office of censor, held by Hitai, has been under threat of charges which never materialized.

October 13, 2018, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    This is an active proposal. Additional charges are pending and the OP will be updated.
    October 15, 2018, 07:38 PM
    Some serious constitutional issues have been raised here. I am not sure I have the answers to these questions so I will leave the proposal open.
    October 22, 2018, 09:07 PM
    With the appointment of a new Curator the constitutional crisis has passed. This proposal can now be archived.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Blog Entries

Default Re: [2018-XXIX] [Citizen Referral] Van Zandt

Defense requested.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Blog Entries

Defense received:

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt

After some deliberation...

The charge is stated in this passage, "There were nine days between the assertion additional charges were pending and the request to close

the thread. Hitai still holds a position of censor. If there are questions as to his integrity, the appointment of a new curator does not

negate those questions. For nine days the office of censor, held by Hitai, has been under threat of charges which never materialized."

Apparently is asking for the posting of the additional claims, however as noted in my next post, "Some serious constitutional issues have

been raised here. I am not sure I have the answers to these questions so I will leave the proposal open.", I have responded to

communications and have stated my intentions with regards to the proposal. Example of one of some of the requests found in the thread,

"This, frankly, should be abandoned, especially as the decision that led to it has been upheld by the curia".

"I'm sure you did what you thought best, but considering the Curia has already officially upheld the Triumvirate's decision, what is this

vonc actually based on?"

"Van Zandt, make this stop! Please!"

Additionally, after stating my intentions to leave the thread open due to Constitutional issues......

"Van Zandt, please let this one go and abandon it for good".

Pikestance's appeal was declined (by one vote)so arguments that the initial parts of the VONC clams were moot were considered.

Election of the new Curator removed the constitutional issues regrading the senior censor assuming powers in the curia. And at this point

the VONC was requested to be archived as events had bypassed the initial charges.

In addition, according the the Constitution, Section III, Article I, footnote/subsection VII..

"7 At the conclusion of the process, the Curator informs the referred member of the result, and asks whether the member wants the Referral

to be made public or kept private. Referrals made public are moved to the Antechamber, private Referrals are kept in the Politia"

Therefore, I will make a decision regarding the threads public/private status after receiving the results.

Regards,

Van Zandt

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I'm not convinced that it was the intention of van Zandt to initiate a frivolous referral.

One could argue that there has been a fair amount of poor judgement by Van Zand shown in the VONC against Hitai, which includes the announcement of additional claims that never materialized. It could and probably should have been handled better. But having said that, I still think it is possible that the VONC was the result of a sincere concern about the situation.

Therefore I would go for DISMISS.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Poll added.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I concur with Vet. The whole vonc was a shamefull display but i believe it came out of ignorance not malice.

Dismiss.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Dismissed.

Archived publicly by request.
    Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; November 10, 2018 at 02:21 PM.