Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Virian View Post
    Hey I've been trying to start a campaign but whenever I do it just CTD's .

here's the log I got, please help?
    Attachment 360869Attachment 360870

I looked over the log and it said that there's a problem with export_descr_buildings so I uploaded that too
    That error is harmless, it's just the game gets confused with multiple choices of upgrade but it doesn't do anything.

Do you have a steam version of the game? If that's the case and you get a popup related to kingdoms.exe: "t's a common error with steam mods. To fix it you just need to copy medieval II total war exe file and rename the copy to kingdoms"

Also something to keep in mind when checking for errors in the log, in Configuration.cfg you need to change:

level = * error ## generates a smaller error log file. Use this setting during normal gameplay
    #level = * trace ## Currently disabled. Generates a large error log file. Use this setting when tracking down a CTD

to

# level = * error ## generates a smaller error log file. Use this setting during normal gameplay
    level = * trace ## Currently disabled. Generates a large error log file. Use this setting when tracking down a CTD

It can also be a corrupted download or a bad installation. Also try delete map.rwm in data/world/map/base
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; March 12, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

Virian's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    That error is harmless, it's just the game gets confused with multiple choices of upgrade but it doesn't do anything.

Do you have a steam version of the game? If that's the case and you get a popup related to kingdoms.exe: "t's a common error with steam mods. To fix it you just need to copy medieval II total war exe file and rename the copy to kingdoms"

Also something to keep in mind when checking for errors in the log, in Configuration.cfg you need to change:

level = * error ## generates a smaller error log file. Use this setting during normal gameplay
    #level = * trace ## Currently disabled. Generates a large error log file. Use this setting when tracking down a CTD

to

# level = * error ## generates a smaller error log file. Use this setting during normal gameplay
    level = * trace ## Currently disabled. Generates a large error log file. Use this setting when tracking down a CTD

It can also be a corrupted download or a bad installation. Also try delete map.rwm in data/world/map/base
    Got the steam version .

-Already renamed it to kingdoms before I installed it. So that's out.

-tried, what you said with the cfg file, all it did was repeat that there's a problem at that line several time more.
    Will try a new download a bit later.

if that doesn't work I;ll try deleting the map.rwm
    Last edited by Virian; March 12, 2020 at 01:14 PM.

Virian's Avatar Civis

downloaded again, same result, no message just a sudden case of CTD when trying to open a campaign( the campaign starts charging but once the line is fully red it just shuts down)

tried to delete the map.rwm , no change.

downloaded again, same result, no message just a sudden case of CTD when trying to open a campaign( the campaign starts charging but once the line is fully red it just shuts down)

tried to delete the map.rwm , no change.
    Did you started a Kingdoms campaign before trying this mod? You have to start one of the Kingdoms campaign (crusades, americas, teutonic) before playing a mod. You just need to start it then you can leave and launch the mod.

If it's not that and you're installing the mod correctly then it's most likely something to do with your Med II TW installation.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; March 12, 2020 at 05:36 PM.

Virian's Avatar Civis

I've been playing mods for some time, this is the first time I've had this error consistently... My Med 2 install is also ok as I haven't had problem with it before.

I've been playing mods for some time, this is the first time I've had this error consistently... My Med 2 install is also ok as I haven't had problem with it before.
    Well I don't know what to say then, there was a similar report in Moddb but either than that everyone seems to run the mod perfectly fine. Try to run the mod in full screen maybe.

Do you have a Mac? I've seen people having trouble running mods sometimes in Macs but don't remember what problems exactly.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; March 13, 2020 at 08:59 AM.

Virian's Avatar Civis

it is in full screen mode already, I only play like that.

it is in full screen mode already, I only play like that.
    Well did you tried to run the mod as it comes by default then? (windowded / borderless window)

Also did you downloaded it from Moddb or Nexus?

Virian's Avatar Civis

Moddb, and I ran the mod as I received it, haven't messed around at the graphics or other settings.

Aurei Imperii v0.8 RELEASED

Overhauled almost everything: new AI, scripts, game balance, diplomacy, buildings, info cards, event images, building icons, videos, audio; tons of fixes and corrections (there is a lot of stuff, don't feel like making a proper changelog). The mod shall be more challenging and immersive now.

There was still a lot more I intended to do in this new version (new factional ancillaries, unique game mechanics for Senate and the Roman families, etc) but can't do nothing more atm.

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder AI_v08 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

NOTE:

As of now THERE ARE NO REAL TIME BATTLES, on encounter battles are auto-resolved automatically by script.

DOWNLOAD

Aurei Imperii v0.9 RELEASED

The mod was completely revised, overhauled, improved and bug fixed. New graphics, models, traits, ancillaries, buildings, events, audio, etc. All old screenshots were replaced.

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:
    2- Go to the new folder AI_v09 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    4- Play and have fun.

NOTE:
    As of now THERE ARE NO REAL TIME BATTLES, on encounter battles are auto-resolved automatically by script.

Released a "lite" version without the immersive hd cinematics as they're over 2Gb. This is for people who either have a slow internet or just don't care about the videos. I've added old Rome TW videos for wonders and victory. This file is just 661mb so no reason to not try the mod

DOWNLOAD

Bump, so people can find.

New version v1.0 RELEASED

Bug fixes, revised economy, new scripts, events and traits.

DOWNLOAD

Lite version (immersive hd cinematics removed - only 663mb file):

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

2- Go to the new folder AI_v10 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    4- Play and have fun.

If the game is opened in a small window do this:

Open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you see this part:

[video]
    movies = 0
    windowed = 1 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 1
    show_banners = true
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 1 to windowed = 0

Then in game options chose the native resolution of your monitor, after that you can change to windowed = 1 again and you'll still have full screen.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 15, 2023 at 11:13 AM.

Guys I've uploaded Gig's Launcher, I forgot to replace the old one with this, the advantage is that if it doesn't find the kingdoms exe it searches for vanilla's exe, necessary with Steam.

DOWNLOAD

New version v1.1 RELEASED

Reversed some scripts as the game would eventually crash, overhauled economy (much easier now), bug fixes.

DOWNLOAD

Lite version (immersive hd cinematics removed - only 663mb file):

DOWNLOAD

Happy to see you are still working on your mods.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678