Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Added wonder of the world videos from Rome TW when discovered. I've also added hapiness bonus for wonders that only had trade bonus and trade bonus for Hanging Gardens that only had happiness.

im downloading it right now and gonna give it a go. looks very beatiful and interessting. gonna give some feedback tonight or tomorrow.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Congratulations, Magus, on your mod!

I fully agree with that statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    I only play this old Total Wars for the grand strategy part as that aspect in new Total Wars feels very bland to me.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Here's a cinematic of this beta release.

Looks great but really TW without real time battles is like toast without butter, bacon without eggs, etc etc..... Will you be doing the battles later ?
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post

Here's a cinematic of this beta release.
    Very nice, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Looks great but really TW without real time battles is like toast without butter, bacon without eggs, etc etc..... Will you be doing the battles later ?
    I've already answer that few posts above, but anyway I leave that to someone else, I'll probably take a break of modding after the next version.

I've corrected building info cards of some buildings like schools and public baths for eastern Hellenistic factions, they had the vanilla Rome TW cards, now they have the same ones has the Romans and the other Hellenistic factions. I'll look into add some more custom building info cards for some other buildings still having Rome TW info cards. I've also overhauled a bit more unique building bonuses.

Aurei Imperii v0.7 beta RELEASED.

This is still a beta version as very little feedback was given, I'm not aware of any bugs, report them in case you find some. Also game balance needs testing.

Changelog: Fixes and corrections, recruitment limitation script, improved event icons, wonders videos, some new building info cards, performance optimization, several other stuff.

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder Aurei_Imperii in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

Aurei Imperii v0.7 beta DOWNLOAD (Moddb)

If the mod appears in a small window do this:

Open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you see this part:

[video]
    movies = 0
    windowed = 1 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 1
    show_banners = true
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 1 to windowed = 0

Then in game options chose the native resolution of your monitor, after that you can change to windowed = 1 again and you'll still have full screen.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 08, 2020 at 08:02 AM.

Hi, I'm playing v0.5 and it has played flawlessly. I'm at year 88 BC, and unrest is a major problem and I'm just about in the red. I want to try v0.7. Is v0.7 save game compatible? Thank you!

No, I found out by trying that it is not save game compatible, but no worries. The turn times seem a lot faster in version V0.7!
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; February 08, 2020 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    No, I found out by trying that it is not save game compatible, but no worries. The turn times seem a lot faster in version V0.7!
    In v0.5 I forgot to change how the errors are traced that's why it had slower turn times. But anyway v0.7 it's the one you should play as it has several fixes, corrections and improvements.

It's just me that with the new forum colour theme a lot of the stuff isn't readable? Some text turned to white but a lot it's black...

Within the Configuration.cfg autoresolve_battles = 1 is the default setting.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Awesome mod. Moved to released
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Within the Configuration.cfg autoresolve_battles = 1 is the default setting.
    No, that's for co-op campaign only, the auto resolve in single player it's done by script.

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Awesome mod. Moved to released
    Thanks

I've added an alternative download to Nexus.

Virian's Avatar Civis

Hey I've been trying to start a campaign but whenever I do it just CTD's .

here's the log I got, please help?
    ai.system.log.txtexport_descr_buildings.txt

I looked over the log and it said that there's a problem with export_descr_buildings so I uploaded that too

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast