Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Can you help me doing it like EBII did with the forts?
    I'm just guessing as they even changed "fort" to "wonder" and they're not using a resource slot for them. I didn't really look into it so I know as much as you.

The work on the units continues (it's taking forever...) but it's almost finished. In meanwhile improved some ui related stuff including some building icons and small effects. Made final corrections to map regions and factions start provinces to make it the most historically accurate as possible.

Anyway certain cities like Seleucia and Babylon aren't ofc in their correct locations (they should be more to southeast Mesopotamia) as the map only covers northwest Mesopotamia and Euphrates but I wanted to include them.

I've also started making other stuff like descriptions in the faction selection menu.

Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 03, 2020 at 08:00 AM.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

I just realized, what does Aurei Imperii actually mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I just realized, what does Aurei Imperii actually mean?
    Golden Empires

I already feared you would say this, because then the Latin is wrong. "Golden empires" would be "Aurea Imperia" in Latin.

I already feared you would say this, because then the Latin is wrong. "Golden empires" would be "Aurea Imperia" in Latin.
    You're wrong... Imperia means "imperial" not "empires" aurea can mean "golden" but "aurei" also means "golden". I don't really know latin but you don't know also apparently... And anyway who cares about a mod name? lol
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 04, 2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    You're wrong... Imperia means "imperial" not "empires" aurea can mean "golden" but "aurei" also means "golden". I don't really know latin but you don't know also apparently... And anyway who cares about a mod name? lol
    So you're saying I'm wrong, but you don't really know Latin... Let's say that I'm not wrong and that I've had my fair share of Greek and Latin in high school and college so I do know more than a bit.

"Aurea" is an adjective that will adapt to the noun it's paired with which is in this case Imperia. "Imperia" is neuter plural (both subject and object) of which the singular is Imperium (like Imperium Romanum = Roman Empire/Authority). Aurea Imperia = Golden Empires. So there's that. If I'd let myself go full nitpicking; the adjective would normally be placed behind the noun: Imperia Aurea/Imperii Aurei.

And sure, it's just a mod name, but I thought maybe you would care as it means something different from what you intended. By the way, the current name would translate to "of a Golden Empire".
    Last edited by Razor; January 04, 2020 at 03:08 PM.

So you're saying I'm wrong, but you don't really know Latin... Let's say that I'm not wrong and that I've had my fair share of Greek and Latin in high school and college so I do know more than a bit.

"Aurea" is an adjective that will adapt to the noun it's paired with which is in this case Imperia. "Imperia" is neuter plural (both subject and object) of which the singular is Imperium (like Imperium Romanum = Roman Empire/Authority). Aurea Imperia = Golden Empires. So there's that. If I'd let myself go full nitpicking; the adjective would normally be placed behind the noun: Imperia Aurea/Imperii Aurei.

And sure, it's just a mod name, but I thought maybe you would care as it means something different from what you intended. By the way, the current name would translate to "of a Golden Empire".
    Whatever, what matters is it sounds fine to me and "of a Golden Empire" it's fine as a name in this case as well (if that's really what it means). In the end what matters is if a mod is good or not. So maybe you should focus on your own mod...

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    Whatever, what matters is it sounds fine to me and "of a Golden Empire" it's fine as a name in this case as well (if that's really what it means). In the end what matters is if a mod is good or not. So maybe you should focus on your own mod...
    Sure, but don't tell people they're wrong while you ostensibly have no clue about it yourself. I was just pointing out something to you that you apparently weren't aware of and is generally regarded as a rather important aspect of the mod: the name itself. Anyway, I'm sure you'll focus on your mod as much as I do on mine.

Also, you're welcome.

Sure, but don't tell people they're wrong while you ostensibly have no clue about it yourself. I was just pointing out something to you that you apparently weren't aware of and is generally regarded as a rather important aspect of the mod: the name itself. Anyway, I'm sure you'll focus on your mod as much as I do on mine.

Also, you're welcome.
    I "tell people" whatever I feel like while not being disrespectful or breaking the forum rules. You're the one who wanted to start something (you admitted you already knew what the mod name meant). So please just move on.

I've started working on the recruitment, added ancillary/trait to chose faction heir. This is a feature from EBII, all credits to them.

I've changed some wording and colour schemes on the faction selection menu.

building trees, ui

New screenshots as I've made several improvements to uis and finished other stuff like units design, etc.

A bit more info about the mod:

- This is a semi-historical mod with some asynchronism, like for example the Marian reforms only happened around 105 BC while in the mod is if it already happened at 150 BC. And of course just have Roman territory divided into different families (like in Rome TW) isn't really historical.

- The units and recruitment design is more factional focused rather than have alot of regional units. In general lower tier units are regional while higher tier units are factional (there are exceptions but it depends on the faction). Some factional units can only also be recruited from specific regions (for example elephants). Most units are known historical units but a few are debatable (for example romanized infantry from Seleucids and Ptolemies).

- The factions, their controlled regions and their leaders are historical.

- All recruitment besides ships come from government buildings and also the other buildings are tied to the government buildings. What government building you can build depends on the region. The implementation it's different depending on the faction. This shall make AI more effective recruiting and building (AI gives priority to buildings that have recruitment, this way it shall build with more variety). The government building is auto-destroyed when a region is conquered by another faction. Government buildings also spread the faction owner culture at the end of the year (the % depends on the government building tier).

- City sizes are locked so some cities will always be more important than others (what you can build also depends on the city size) and no need to wait for a city to have a certain amount of population to build something new. This means the size a city has at the start of the game will remain until the end. There are only 3 different levels: City, Large City and Huge City and they all start underpopulated.

Aurei Imperii v0.5 beta RELEASED.

This is a beta version as very little test was made, I'm not aware of any bugs, report them in case you find some. Also game balance needs testing.

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder IMPERII in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

Features:

- Campaign set at 150 BC
    - 4 Turns per Year
    - Recruitment based on area of influence with a government system
    - Improved AI
    - Scripts to help AI in finances and military
    - Traits for improved gameplay and roleplay
    - Overhaul to almost everything
    - Functional Hot-Seat campaign

NOTE:

- Aurei Imperii DOES NOT support Real-Time Battles. You can not play custom, historical or normal campaign battles.

DOWNLOAD (Moddb)

Some more screenshots:

Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 24, 2020 at 01:25 PM.

Guys I've released a new patch with some corrections to Configuration.cfg, one of them them was changing the way errors are traced, I completely forgot to change that and end turns and game in general was much slower than what it should (basically the main file has a config used for modding, and not meant for playing), sorry for the inconvenince. It already includes the previous patches. End turn time shall be lightning fast now even with all those scripts You NEED to start a new game. Install it the exact same way as the mod just replace when asked.

Recruitment Limitation Script, Mines Fix and Corrections to Configuration.cfg
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 28, 2020 at 08:50 AM. Reason: New patch replacing the old one.

Please re-read my previous post and remember to report bugs, AI and game balance in general.

Improved quality of event icons for next version as they looked a bit blurred.

Will one of the future versions include real time battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Will one of the future versions include real time battles?
    This is a copy/paste from the answer a gave to a Moddb user to a similar question:

Real-time battles will only be added if someone wants to work on that part of the game, I'm making everything on my own and just the grand strategy part of the game took me months/tons of hours to make. I only play this old Total Wars for the grand strategy part as that aspect in new Total Wars feels very bland to me.

Auto resolve is pretty bad in newer Total Wars but in Medieval II TW is actually pretty fine with the right tweaks.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast