Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Libertus

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Thanks for work! In this mod will be present battle in real time?

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    Thanks for work! In this mod will be present battle in real time?
    As I've said in the changes announcement no, for the same reasons they aren't in Hellenika TW (which in this case would be far worse). Anyway I've already turned the map in 150 BC map, it's not perfect but it's fine I think, settlements have proper names of the time. I've also added the cultures and gave the proper % to the regions. In this mod cultures will be important to build stuff and for recruitment. I've also added terrain textures and most strat map models. Here is the cultures list:

Roman
    Hellenistic
    Punic
    Thracian
    Celtic
    Nabatean
    Berber
    Italic
    Eastern

Added Dacia as faction, finished the trade resources routes, added strat map models and terrain/water textures, some more progress on UIs, code and other stuff, new factions list:

- Romans (SPQR, Julii, Cornelii, Caecilii)
    - Achaean League
    - Rhodes
    - Attalid Kingdom
    - Ptolemaic Kingdom
    - Seleucid Kingdom
    - Kingdom of Pontus
    - Carthage
    - Nabatean Kingdom
    - Bosporan Kingdom
    - Odrysian Kingdom
    - Dacia
    - Arverni
    - Numidia

Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 09, 2019 at 07:33 AM.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

By the way, if you want, you could send me the mod whend ready so that i could make a video similar to the Hellenika one.

In game progress:

Before someone points some ahistoricity, here a copy/paste from an answer in another site:

"I never claimed this mod to be stricly historical Just dividing the Roman territory by families at this time like in Rome TW is not very historical is it? lol Marius reforms happened at 107 BC (which is 2nd century BC) so just 47 years after the starting date.

If I made the mod like this being strickly historical, then there was almost only romans and it was all about civil wars, etc which would be pretty boring, if I started the game with historical units it would be again hastati, triarii and all that again so no, at 150 BC there are still all the interesting factions and is relatively close to Marius reforms, so I just antecipated things a little bit I think "

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    By the way, if you want, you could send me the mod whend ready so that i could make a video similar to the Hellenika one.
    Well when the mod is ready I'll upload it and you can just download it I'd very like a video in the Hellenika one style if you focus on the positive things like you should in a promotional video
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 09, 2019 at 07:58 AM.

A lot of progress have been made however it's mostly stuff that can't be showed in screenshots. Added a family trait for Roman factions for immersion and roleplay purposes (it doesn't give any bonus). All surnames come with Gens info. When a character is adopted into another family it gains also the new Gens and change surname. Some updated screenshots:

There have been big advancements in the development but a lot of it it's not stuff you can take screenshots or are already present in the SPQR screenshot.

Finished everything related to the basic events (icons, images, descriptions); made all portraits for family members and agents; added ethnic traits to all factions, some have dynastic traits, others the city they come from, others like the romans family traits, etc, also special traits for Hellenistic Kings which get historical traits like Soter, Philopator, etc; added trait/ancillary to chose the faction heir; finished generic traits stuff; finished all audio stuff (accents, music, sfx).

Now the work have been on the buildings, making icons and info images, bonus, cost, etc. Government "buildings" are finished/implemented. Making now all temples related stuff. There was some changes/corrections to the factions starting positions, also some factions names were changed, this is the updated factions list:

- Romans (SPQR, Julii, Cornelii, Caecilii)
    - Achaean League
    - Rhodes
    - Attalid Kingdom
    - Ptolemaic Kingdom
    - Seleucid Empire
    - Pontic Empire
    - Carthage
    - Nabataean Kingdom
    - Bosporan Kingdom
    - Odrysian Kingdom
    - Dacia
    - Gallic Tribes
    - Numidia

This is the updated campaign map:

Last edited by MagusCaligula; November 08, 2019 at 05:02 PM.

How many settlements does the map have now?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    How many settlements does the map have now?
    The same as before: 116

Still working on the buildings but they're almost finished, after that I'll finally work on the units. Improved quality of some UI elements. Small changes to factions starting regions.

Buildings and set up of the campaign settlements it's finally finished, family trees are also mostly done. Improved quality of unit cards (the game has a tendency to get things blurred but I think I managed to fix it). Final corrections to factions starting regions, they shall have more or less their historical regions at the time. Working now on everything related to units.

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks.

Unique buildings give extra bonuses depending on the factions, besides the wonders of the world there are a few more like the famous Carthage port. They all have a strat model.

The building details are great!

That strat model for Carthage's ports is awesome! From where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    That strat model for Carthage's ports is awesome! From where did you get it?
    It's from an older version of Paeninsula Italica II, it isn't present in the newest version because KEA sacrificed it for a trade resource. The problem with adding strat models for buildings is that you need to use a resource slot. Alternatively you can do it like EBII team did using the forts.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; December 10, 2019 at 06:40 AM.

Can you help me doing it like EBII did with the forts?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast