Thread: Epirus - Spartan Agoge

Default Epirus - Spartan Agoge

Hi guys, after conquering Sparte, my FMs should be able to undergo Spartan Agoge right? As explained by the Nemean Games. However it did not trigger at all when I sent new FMs to Sparte. Waited a few turns and nothing happened.. Any idea why?

Default Re: Epirus - Spartan Agoge

IIRC its bugged? Fixed on the next version
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    IIRC its bugged? Fixed on the next version
    Thanks Wulfburk

Helenos is too old to start the Agoge, even if you manage to take Sparta on the first turn. I find this weird because historically the excuse Pyrrus used to cross the peloponese was that he was interested in checking it out in order to possibly send there one of his sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    I find this weird because historically the excuse Pyrrus used to cross the peloponese was that he was interested in checking it out in order to possibly send there one of his sons.
    do you have a source for this? i'm curious.
    . .

https://books.google.es/books?id=QqA6DwAAQBAJ&pg=PA389&lpg=PA389&dq=pyrrhus+agoge+peloponese&source=bl&ots=HdEJIg1kD5&sig=mKJyle6U78f1mX6OxT13byc6sJc&hl=es&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi1n9_V15reAhVMKBoKHaj3Cs8Q6AEwBHoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q=pyrrhus%20agoge%20peloponese&f=false

This was just discussed a few threads down in this forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Spartan-Agoge . The trigger for starting the agoge is broken, but you can easily fix it. There are also workarounds if you don't want to restart your campaign.