Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Westeros - Winds of Winter Submod] The Winds of Winter

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default [Westeros - Winds of Winter Submod] The Winds of Winter

The Great War is here
    The Winds of Winter Hotseat
    Credits to Badger-dude and his team for the Fire and Blood mod as a base.

In addition to https://www.moddb.com/mods/na37972/d...-winter-submod, we will be also using a patch to balance stuff which will be out soon.

Scenario:
    Cold winds are rising in the north and the dead are marching upon the wall. Jon snow has been named King in the north by the northern lords and prepares his people for the great war while in the riverlands the freys have been wiped out some say by the gods and Edmure Tully rallies the last of the riverlords to Riverrun. The south has much weakened by the war of the five kings has once again erupted into chaos with the landing of Daeneys Targaryen on the Isle of Dragonstone with lords great and small declaring their fealty to the Lannisters or Targaryens. Will the lords of westeros be able to set aside their petty wars and unite against the night king?

The Map
    Beyond the wall is out of bounds until the war for the dawn begins.

Admin/Co-Admin:
    King Athelstan
    Joerock22

Factions
    House Stark of the North - xSooners
    House Tully of The Riverlands - OPEN
    House Lannister of The Westerlands - Captain Melon
    House Lannister of King's Landing - PeaMan

House Greyjoy of The Iron Isles - OPEN
    House Arryn of The Vale - OPEN[/URL]

House Tyrell of The Reach - OPEN
    House Martell of Dorne - Joker0002710
    House Targaryen - General Dragon
    The Undead - (Admin faction)

The Rules
    - Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may grant a 24h extension. You mut notify next played in turn order its his turn

- Characters that spawn via script will not be allowed to move for the turn they spawned or allowed to build watchtowers/forts

- No exploits/bugs allowed.
    Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.
    - Suiciding your faction is not allowed, and may result into your removal from the HS.

- List of known bugs:
    1) The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort's or a settlement's Zone of Control.

2) Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.

3) Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.

4) Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

5) Attacking ships inside the port - Attacking ships that are inside ports is not allowed.

6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement.

7) Recruting mercenaries in forts with depleted movement points - Using forts to get illegal maximum movement points to mercenaries in a depleted army.

8) Using ships to get more movement range - Using ships to give more movement range to armies on seas.

Military rules

- No one turn peace ( although you cannot attack land of an enemy faction, if they hasnt played their first turn yet. You can cross lands of a faction that hasnt played its 1st turn yet, if your army doesnt stand in enemy territory after its movement).
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement. In some matches manual battles against AI will be allowed.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.Armies standing in a settlement when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    Heroic victories against players are not be allowed. However, occasionally it happens player cant get any other type of victory then heroic victory. In such cases heroic victories may be allowed, but only if the odds are higher for the attacker than 1:1.
    - You are not allowed to post a defeat
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement/fort to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement/fort to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - Not allowed to build watchtowers.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile closer to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Limit of 2 forts per region per faction. At least 5 per fort are required.

Siege equipment
    - Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take a settlement/fort.
    Ballistas can assault forts, motte and bailleys and small towns
    catapults can also assault wooden castles and city towns,
    and trebuchets can also assault castles and minor cities.
    - Exceptions: Fortresses, large/huge cities cannot be assaulted. That also includes lore capitals and unique settlements - Winterfell, Moat Calin, The Twins, Pyke, Riverrun, Harrenhall, Eyrie, Bloody Gate, Casterly Rock, Lannisport, King's Landing, Dragonstone, Stom's End, Highgarden, Oldtown, Sunspear.

- You can prevent enemy from taking your settlements/forts by garrisoning there the same rank (of higher) of siege unit they would need to break through the walls, and also in the same amount.)
    - You are not allowed to use a unit of siege equipment, if it starts a turn on a ship, or if you have to use ships to transport it in theturn. You have to spend one turn by disembarking it.

Agent rules

- It is not allowed to use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more than 30% success
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required.

- Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. You can bribe only settlements/forts that your armies can directly march into.
    - Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 60% (for capitals and other unique settlements its 80%) chance of entering into the settlement/forts. If a spy was has been in city for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement/fort is at least 1200 soldiers (720 for capitals and other unique settlements ), than a spy may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided

Settlement rules

- Destruction of buildings is not allowed.
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    - Two factions can trade maximally one settlement per turn. Such settlements musnt be in war zone.

Finacial rules

- You are responsible for keeping your finances under control:
    - If you go below -10k gold, you would be forced to disband a significant amount of you armies each turn.
    - If you go below -20k, your faction would be turned AI.

Events

- There will most likely be events involved in this Hotseat, I've yet to decide on some but the war for the dawn will be a event and each player will choose to participate or not (Those who participate will receive rewards if victorious against the night king including some achilles.
    Last edited by King Athelstan; November 08, 2019 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Update

Default Re: [HS] The Winds of Winter

Pick 3 factions you would like to play and specify if you would like RP or not.

A admin and co-admin will be needed as I plan to play in this hotseat, that said if non want to admin I'll take it.

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

Sounds fun! I would prefer to be House Tyrell but if not I'll take House Targaryen or House Lannister of the Westerlands. I would prefer no RP because of its limitations on diplomacy but I do think House Lannister of the Westerlands and Kings Landing should be forced to remain allied all game. I also wouldn't be opposed to allowing victory conditions for an alliance as long as it's led by either House Lannister or House Targaryen.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    - You are not allowed to use a unit of siege equipment, if it starts a turn on a ship, or if you have to use ships to transport it in theturn. You have to spend one turn by disembarking it.

I also noticed the rules are the same or at least very similar to WA I and WAII so can I ask to remove the above rule? I believe this rule was in place in those hotseats because some factions start with a much larger navy than others around them and because there are few ports on the map but in this mod every factions navy starts even or at least close to even and there is a large amount of ports to become strong if not.
    Last edited by Epic Total war; October 20, 2018 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Total war View Post
    Sounds fun! I would prefer to be House Tyrell but if not I'll take House Targaryen or House Lannister of the Westerlands. I would prefer no RP because of its limitations on diplomacy but I do think House Lannister of the Westerlands and Kings Landing should be forced to remain allied all game. I also wouldn't be opposed to allowing victory conditions for an alliance as long as it's led by either House Lannister or House Targaryen.

I also noticed the rules are the same or at least very similar to WA I and WAII so can I ask to remove the above rule? I believe this rule was in place in those hotseats because some factions start with a much larger navy than others around them and because there are few ports on the map but in this mod every factions navy starts even or at least close to even and there is a large amount of ports to become strong if not.
    Yea the rules and such are simply copy and pasted from the westeros thread.

I agree, that rule will be removed.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Indeed. Thats why there is such a rule in WAs

Seems there's not much interest in a new westeros hotseat at the moment, as of now there's only me and Epic Total War signed up to play. I've advertised the hotseat messaging players to see if they would join most said they will let me know in a few days so I'll give it another few days if no more players sign up I'll postpone this hotseat for some time until people want another westeros and continue work on the mod (mapping) and ask that admin to remove the thread until such a time.
    Last edited by PeaMan; October 23, 2018 at 03:02 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I can admin this, since you want to play, if enough players present themselves
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I can admin this, since you want to play, if enough players present themselves
    Much appropriated!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

For the sake of providing a population and getting myself properly demolished in Westeros from start to finish, I present my factions. This is extremely weird considering I'm generally not interested in doing things without a roleplay premise, but hey, who says it can't exist in the background... House Arynn, House Greyjoy, and House Stark.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Appreciate the interest in joining. I'm all for role play personally but epic total war would prefer non RP due to the diplomatic limitations. Perhaps we can meet in the middle keeping it RP to keep things interesting but each player can choice his own allies instead of the diplomacy options being limited.

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

I’m all for RP but this typically comes with diplomatic requirements that stay true to Lore. So if factions are free to choose their own alliances that aren’t constrained to the lore in the books or show then I am all for doing RP.

I’m all for RP but this typically comes with diplomatic requirements that stay true to Lore. So if factions are free to choose their own alliances that aren’t constrained to the lore in the books or show then I am all for doing RP.
    Yea we could do that.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Honestly, I don't believe in locked relations for RP anyways. It's about context and need - sometimes, desperate times against expansionist enemies result in temporary, though possibly fragile unions. Not to be trusted to be sure, but I can imagine it. The whole point of hotseat is alt history, ei?
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; October 23, 2018 at 05:48 PM.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Indeed, locked relations in this hotseat would be unfair anyways I think as it would literally pit all factions but greyjoy against the lannisters.

The only factions that will be bound by alliance will be Jaimes wastelands and Cersei's KL.

I'm interested in House Arryn, Targaryen, and Stark.

Great! A few more players and we'll begin.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Lannisters, Greyjoys, Dorne

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

joker0002710's Avatar Tiro

As long as I'm not Targ or Stark, I'm content to play any other faction

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Oh, and if someone wants an option I picked, I defer my place in favor of whichever option I picked is least popular. And if need be, another option entirely suits me alright.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I could co-admin if no one has volunteered yet.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast