Thread: None of my new mods are changing anything ingame..(anyone help)

Default None of my new mods are changing anything ingame..(anyone help)

I have made 2 successful mods and uploaded them in steam. But i am not sure,, in the past weeks every mod i have tried working on doesnt change anything in game. So i got suspicious and tried making a simple money mod, which was one of the first mods i did. Ingame the money mod did not change anything.. So i started thinking it was PFM,, when it had some sort of crash... so i deleted it and everything in registry.. reinstalled and now using the latest updated version with schema 18. I made another money mod,, and nothing ingame again. Also i uploaded this money mod and another UI mod,, and asked a friend to try them. He sent me the screenshots back showing the changes had indeed worked. So all i can think of now is, when for 5 mins i looked at the startpos and changed a few things in assembly kit when i was following Dresdens startpos tutorial.. which i dont think would affect the game... I tried verifying game cache,, and it successful.. so no changes made..or i think no changes have been made..

Anybody please help a fella out

Anyway i reverted back to and older version of pfm 4.1.2 and still no changes ingame..
    I did get this error though in PFM,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Captureprobpfm.JPG  
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 24, 2018 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: None of my new mods are changing anything ingame..(anyone help)

If you were following Dresden's startpos tutorial and created a mod based on that tutorial then perhaps you need to ask Dresden about your issue.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If you were following Dresden's startpos tutorial and created a mod based on that tutorial then perhaps you need to ask Dresden about your issue.
    Not sure it was dresdens tutorial that messed it up... I just tried making a money mod in tweak and bob,, and added it to my data folder... Ingame no money change... So i am clueless other than reinstalling rome 2.

Ah, wait a minute. When you created the mod, what mod type did you save it in. Was it movie or was it mod pack?

If it's mod pack you won't see the changes, unless you add it (<mod name>.pack) to the user.script file. A mod saved in movie doesn't need the user.script file, just place it into to Data folder and launch the game.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Ah, wait a minute. When you created the mod, what mod type did you save it in. Was it movie or was it mod pack?

If it's mod pack you won't see the changes, unless you add it (<mod name>.pack) to the user.script file. A mod saved in movie doesn't need the user.script file, just place it into to Data folder and launch the game.
    Hey there,,

Well from the beginning in PFM i was always under the impression to save it as a .pack file. For 2 of my beginning mods it worked.. Then something must have happened this past month. But even in Assembly kiti save as .pack file.. why is that wrong?/.. So ill try saving as a movie and ill get back to you..

Just tried,, movie packs in pfm or assembly kt, will not load... even for a simple money mod for rome..
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 24, 2018 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

You should update your PFM's schemas from here and try again. Also make sure you have ticked all the available options from the official STEAM launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    You should update your PFM's schemas from here and try again. Also make sure you have ticked all the available options from the official STEAM launcher.
    I downloaded the latest PFM version, and it has the latest schema in a rar file,, and i suspect its already up to date?.... or not..

I dont see how its the steam launcher bro,,, i asked a friend to test the mods i made,, and he showed me a screenshot of the hcnages being made.. but for me i cant get those damn changes to appear in game.. If i showed you a simple money mod it might work for you,,, but i cant get any changes to work in game..

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

If the same file worked for your friend but not for you then my guess is that you have a mod conflict while your friend doesn't. Try removing ALL other mods from the R2TW folder except that file which worked for your friend and then start the game with that mod alone enabled. If it works on your comp now, then at least one of the other mods or files that you had in the R2 folder before interferes with your mod and you cannot use them both at the same time (at least not without some change in at least one of them).
    Last edited by Demokritos; October 29, 2018 at 05:29 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by RadRipRep View Post
    Hey there,,

Well from the beginning in PFM i was always under the impression to save it as a .pack file. For 2 of my beginning mods it worked.. Then something must have happened this past month. But even in Assembly kiti save as .pack file.. why is that wrong?/.. So ill try saving as a movie and ill get back to you..

Just tried,, movie packs in pfm or assembly kt, will not load... even for a simple money mod for rome..
    Tell you what, send me the mod as an archive in a PM and I'll see if I can see what the mod does in-game, but it might take a day or two before I've test it. Btw... What stuff is affected in the mod?

If I can't see the changes you have made, however, then perhaps you might have to re-create the mod from scratch.