Thread: Total War: Rome II mod: Real Experience Mod overview

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Total War: Rome II mod: Real Experience Mod overview

TWC is back to producing videos, and we begin with an overview of the Real Experience Mod for Rome II

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Total War: Rome II mod: Real Experience Mod overview

I have evidently been so absorbed in my own modding projects that I've missed a great mod development elsewhere. So thank you for giving me a wake-up call with this video.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Blog Entries

Glad to be of service
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Great video, and interesting looking mod! Good to see the hub back in action

but...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Glad to be of service
    I thought Gigantus had copyrighted that line!!!

Blog Entries

Well, he's a TWC official, and I posted this as an official TWC video, so it technically works out? I think? Maybe?

And glad you enjoyed the video, I'm planning on making more, suggestions and requests are very welcome!
    and Peaman

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This is a great introduction to the REM, enjoyable and informative!

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Real experience? There is no real experience about anything in Rome 2. Just look at the campaign map-does that look like the ancient classical world to you? It is a total cartoon-it is nonsense! 95% of the cities and towns of the period removed? There is nothing resembling any reality in this game it is total fantasy. It is not even a strategy game just an arcade battle game and a crappy one at that-as there is no ai to speak of. The game has no depth no immersion. It has very limited modding potential. It is a dead end as far as modding goes-the best you can do with it is get it to a playable state-playable for a few hours then it get very boring-it really is just an empty shell of a game a broken shell and no band aids will hold it together. I modded it to get it to some playable level for people who enjoy arcade battle games-but for history buffs and war gamers and strategy fans-Rome 2 is a total joke.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

New map of Roman Empire for Rome 2 https://i.imgur.com/lHoCQtt.jpg
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; November 08, 2018 at 03:06 AM.

@ Bran Mac Born they're valid points about the RII base game - but it seems a bit unfortunate to direct them here, on a review for a mod, that's also doing what it can to try and improve things for players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Real experience? There is no real experience about anything in Rome 2. Just look at the campaign map-does that look like the ancient classical world to you? It is a total cartoon-it is nonsense! 95% of the cities and towns of the period removed? There is nothing resembling any reality in this game it is total fantasy. It is not even a strategy game just an arcade battle game and a crappy one at that-as there is no ai to speak of. The game has no depth no immersion. It has very limited modding potential. It is a dead end as far as modding goes-the best you can do with it is get it to a playable state-playable for a few hours then it get very boring-it really is just an empty shell of a game a broken shell and no band aids will hold it together. I modded it to get it to some playable level for people who enjoy arcade battle games-but for history buffs and war gamers and strategy fans-Rome 2 is a total joke.

Hey there Mac! Glad to see you interested in the subject, though I would say you're slightly in the wrong place. This video is on a mod for Rome II, and not the game itself. For complaints on the game and its faults, I recommend you take a look at the Rome II General Discussion subforum, as I'm sure you'll find grounds for a much more fruitful conversation there
    For discussion on the video itself or a tad on how the mod is reflected in the video, this is the right place.
    and Peaman

Interesting I haven't played any Total War so far this year I will have to try this mod out

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks for the comment, herne_the_hunter. I hope you enjoy the mod!

These mods really improve the game. This endless modding potential makes Total War games even better.
    Thanks for the review. Cheers.