Thread: Installation problems

Miles

Default Installation problems

So, I have a problem installing this into C.

I use Steam and Steam cannot be assigned to C. If I download it the normal way and copy it over to C, the launch.bat will still start what I installed into the Steam directory.
    When I remove the Medieval 2 directory from the Steamfolder, I cannot start the game I copied into C at all.

How do I install / copy whatever the Steam Medieval 2 version and EB 2 into C so it works?
    Or do I need to edit the launcher?

Also a problem, generally, is, that, whatever I do, only the "launch.bat" accepts the borderless window mode, every other try to start the mod won't, so I can only start the game by launch.bat

Miles

Default Re: Installation problems

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Nothing unusual in the either log, besides the terminating crash. You're doing yourself absolutely no favours with this ridiculously long path: C:\Users\Sander\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

As a contrast, mine is D:\M2TW
    I also ask this in advance; how can I install Medieval II into the root drive? Steam just won't let me do that, not by hand copying nor by changing the install drive at all

Yes, Steam really limits your install options. Please review page 108 of the v2.3 Player's Guide (you should already have it as part of the EB2 install, else see here). Also, you do need to launch the game from a shortcut, and that should be pointing to the launch.bat file.
    EBII Council

Miles

I will have to move Steam to C then, at least, to get a little bit of a shorter path.
    Thank you for the link, I removed anything completely until I get a new way to solve the issues.

The problem is, that only launching by bat keeps recognizing my borderless window settings for some reason, starting by launcher/shortcut from desktop doesn't

Miles

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War is the shortest path I can come up with.

I am 15 turns into a new campaign now and everything's stable for now.

Thank you for your patience, I will report further crashes accordingly, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SanderP View Post
    C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War is the shortest path I can come up with.

I am 15 turns into a new campaign now and everything's stable for now.

Thank you for your patience, I will report further crashes accordingly, cheers!
    I appreciate your patience as well. It can sometimes be a little frustrating having to reinstall, but glad to hear that things have been sorted out.
    EBII Council