Thread: Where are the reloading animations for firearms?

Icon13 Where are the reloading animations for firearms?

I have played a couple of battles with firearm units and I discovered that they are lacking any reloading animations. It is really disgusting. I'm thinking about refunding the game.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Where are the reloading animations for firearms?

Almost every factions is different race.. different models, different artillery mechanisms ...so overall it is not trivial number of unique animations to make. It is just matter of resources. If they did reloading animations, we would miss some others special like Dragon vs Dinosaur...depends what you prefer but if this is the worst your problem with Warhammer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some others for example..
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 14, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Almost every factions is different race.. different models, different artillery mechanisms ...so overall it is not trivial number of unique animations to make. It is just matter of resources. If they did reloading animations, we would miss some others special like Dragon vs Dinosaur...depends what you prefer but if this is the worst your problem with Warhammer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You are wrong. It isn't a really hard task. They can just take those animations from Empire, Napoleon, or Shogun 2. Even the community modders created new animations in "Medieval kingdoms".

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I would like to have reload animations too. At least for the empire and dwarves handgunners for starters.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I would like to have reload animations too. At least for the empire and dwarves handgunners for starters.
    I'm wondering why they are missing. Even in Medieval 2 they were included.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ripararien View Post
    You are wrong. It isn't a really hard task. They can just take those animations from Empire, Napoleon, or Shogun 2. Even the community modders created new animations in "Medieval kingdoms".
    If it is so easy, why no mod has already added them back? Maybe just maybe it is not so easy with number all different models, races, skeletons, artillery pieces...you cannot just use the same human model from Empire, Napoleon or Shogun 2 everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Ripararien View Post
    I'm wondering why they are missing. Even in Medieval 2 they were included.
    I went to old uncle google and browsed through reddit and official forums. Seems the animations were problem even back in days of glorious Med 2. CA opted for removing them as they were connected with numberous issues even in newer games, not all models in unit firing, strange loopholes, FPS drops...plus in this case many of those would be unique animations to match race/skelton model with particular artillery piece. Anyway Wh has more unique animations than any other TW so it is not that they are lazy. CA just had to pick which and how many they can manage to add..

That´s the explanation. You might not like it, you may return the game but that´s it. No conspiracy here.

And just for record, I would like the animations too. But it is not top number 1 problem for me in TW:WH1+2, that´s all.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Reload animation are important for NTW where almost every unit has a musket and takes time to reload.
    For WH, only two factions use rifle out out 15, and for these factions, only 2-3 units need it out of maybe two dozens.
    So that's not even 10% of 10%

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

It would seem they could at least try to do it first for the most "simple" ones, like human handgunners since they already have animations for that, however yeah, it would depend if they can import animations directly or not.

Can modders make custom animations? If so then this could in theory done by a mod. The hardest part would be the all sorts of crazy artillery on the game.

I don't own the game yet, maybe one day, but on some videos I have seem it makes me lose the immersion a lot.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I went to old uncle google and browsed through reddit and official forums. Seems the animations were problem even back in days of glorious Med 2. CA opted for removing them as they were connected with numberous issues even in newer games, not all models in unit firing, strange loopholes, FPS drops...
    I haven't noticed any of it while played Med. Maybe on start, before the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Reload animation are important for NTW where almost every unit has a musket and takes time to reload.
    For WH, only two factions use rifle out out 15, and for these factions, only 2-3 units need it out of maybe two dozens.
    So that's not even 10% of 10%
    Yes. But CA had a lot of expirience doing firearm animations since 2007. They were even in Shogun 2, when firearms isn't a something very popular (in two campaings out of three). I don't think that it is really hard to animate a few human units and a few dwarvish.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I agree it shouldn't be that hard...