Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skylli faction submods- MINAS MORGUL released

Default Re: Balchoth Clan submod - full army preview

Very cool faction, looking forward to trying it out! I especially like those Kalorme units, they look badass. I noticed that there's a lot of AP, literally everyone after the trash (which is rhunic) are effective against armour. I highly recommend toning down on that department. Some shields, even if a little amount, would be better imo. The Fire Guard are interesting, but I don't think their look fits the overall theme of the roster. Also, those Eastern Champions are way too op. You tested them against another strike unit, who have 2hp, which isn't enough. *Smiths of Eregion* have an AP attack of 18 for crying out loud, Skin-changers have 24, sure, but they're stronger than a bull. The charge-value caps out at 12 as well, I think. Even if it's a grand reward for conquering the east and south (Harad), for the stats to verge on elven uber just feels wrong

Fire guard is heavily armored and looks different because they work with fire and I for sure wouldnt throw bombs around in cloth armor, especially the ones they used in medival ages , however I am still looking through various designs on the net and if I find anything more fitting I will replace them, but to me they look just fine as they are

About the Ap units, a lot of stats are usual in DaC, crossbows are ap, jawelins are ap and halberds are ap for all factions i think so it doesnt do anything different around here, for ranged units all of their secondary attacks are not ap, furthermore I wanted this faction not to have defensive units but be all about getting into melee and slaughtering stuff, which is balanced by the fact they will get shot down by archers a lot before they clash enemy lines, and the units that have ap on their primary attack, they take a bit longer to replanish and they are more expensive, needing more culture and more upkeep

About the Eastern champions, their stats look insane, but I asure you they arent that op, sure they lost to nazg-hai, but even in other battles their low numbers would just be a problem for them, you cant throw them into an enemy units and leave them forever because they will die. I have put some time into testing them, and I expected I will need to lower their attack but I didnt find any reason to, they feel like a bit weaker version than the nazg-hai and that was the point, stats that you see on the screen arent everything and Smiths of Eregion would (maybe?) lose to them but they are the unit that has it all, attack,ap,defence in melee,armor and a shield so they are much more flexible and useful in the battlefield, main thing being none of them will die if they attack Loke Nar Rim for example before they get to them, and that canot be said for the eastern champions

I dont know why people think nothing can match the elves, sure they are the best warriors overall, but that doesnt mean there are no humans that can compare to them, take Aragorn for example, I am sure he could take on almost any elf head to head, but for sure he wouldnt manage to find a human army that is stronger than the elven, and for the faction to have 1 unit that is up there with the elves, with that unit having such low numbers feels ok to me, because the rest of the roster cant compare to the elven roster

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Aragorn was a pure numenorean, who were more powerful than the elves, given that there are very few pure nums in the third age elves are the best and should be the best at eveyrthing, with the exception of grey company who are horribly underpowered.

I only took him as an example, but is it ever stated that elves have blood cells that give them power and speed and crazy things, no, they are awesome warriors because they have a long life to train, but still they dont train every day, and I dont see a reason why a group of men that train from the moment they could wield a sword couldnt match them, its like you are saying elves canot be killed by anything because they are better than anything and thats just stupid, elven ubers that I consider train every day like smiths, noldorin guard, nobles etc. are better than the eastern champions, because again damage on attack isnt everything in this game and shouldnt be the only focus of critisism

Elven strenght comes from the fact that their average warrior is better than the avarage warrior of any other race and if the numbers were equal they would win everysingle battle

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Matthias View Post
    Aragorn was a pure numenorean, who were more powerful than the elves, given that there are very few pure nums in the third age elves are the best and should be the best at eveyrthing, with the exception of grey company who are horribly underpowered.
    Arvedui married Firiel, who was a descendant of Eldacar, whose mother was of Rhovanion. At the very least, Aragorn had some Northmen blood in him.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Nice work.

As the V3 is out, I have begun my work on transforming my files for v3, however the subject of startegy models remains unsolved, so if I dont find anyone to make the strategy models im afraid you will have to play with arnor startegy models
    Also if some of you have suggestions for some units to be removed feel free to post them here, I need around 15 slots, and altough I have found some candidates there are some factions I have never played as and im concerned im gonna break the balance if I remove some units(ex. dunland, enedwaith, anduin, bree)

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Nice, thank you!

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skylli View Post
    As the V3 is out, I have begun my work on transforming my files for v3, however the subject of startegy models remains unsolved, so if I dont find anyone to make the strategy models im afraid you will have to play with arnor startegy models
    Also if some of you have suggestions for some units to be removed feel free to post them here, I need around 15 slots, and altough I have found some candidates there are some factions I have never played as and im concerned im gonna break the balance if I remove some units(ex. dunland, enedwaith, anduin, bree)
    Why don't you use current unit models for the strategy models?

Because they are a different file format than the startegy map models, and I cant find a way to convert them, unless I pay for some programs which im not planing on doing right now

Default Re: Balchoth Clan submod - RELEASED

First version of the mod is out give it a go and tell me what you think. Best luck on the battlefield. ;D

Default Re: Skylli faction submods- MINAS MORGUL released

New faction is out, for all bugs and problems contact me here, or in DaC discord chanel.
    Time to spread the shadow .

Domesticus

[QUOTE = skylli; 15806037] È uscita la nuova fazione, per tutti i bug e i problemi contattami qui, o in DaC discord chanel.
    È ora di diffondere l'ombra . [/ QUOTE]

Can you tell me where on "DaC discord chanel"?

Do you send me the invitation please !?

Domesticus

Hi, skylli!

Crash into custom battle!

system.log:

12:32:58.367 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3 -/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 16870, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scripts (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:32:58.367 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3 -/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 16870, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction united (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction khand (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:32:58.369 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3 -/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 16870, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    12:32:58.369 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3 -/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 16870, column 33
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction gundabad (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction united has gap in building prior to restored_crypts (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction norway has gap in building prior to durin_hall_rebuilt (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction moors has gap in building prior to durin_hall_rebuilt (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction hungary has gap in building prior to durin_hall_rebuilt (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction sicily has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction denmark has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to rebuilt_bridge (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction united has gap in building prior to restored_crypts (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction norway has gap in building prior to durin_hall_rebuilt (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction moors has gap in building prior to durin_hall_rebuilt (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction hungary has gap in building prior to durin_hall_rebuilt (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to wooden_castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to castle (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to gundabad_gate (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to durin_hall (unavailable at level zero)
    12:36:21.402 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

the log doesnt say anything useful to me, has this happened only once or mutliple times, also when exactly did it happen, when entering the battle or at army selection?

DaC discord: https://discord.gg/ymad4eY

Domesticus

if I go back to increase the money or change the battle map.
    It always happens to me if I go back.

Oh, that is a known problem, probably has to do with the fact that with reunited kingdom faction slot being playable the faction limit is reached and therefore causing problems, same thing that is causing campaign to custom battle and the other way around crashes
    That is nothing to worry about, but I do know it is very annyoing

Domesticus

Ok!

If you have nay questions or bug reports please use this thread and discord of DaC and not modDb as im not checking modDb that often and it could be a long time before I am able to help.

Very awesome mod very good work! Remember that the Witch Kings kingdom is Angmar so it should be possible to reunite Angmar and Dol guldur right?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast