View Poll Results: What is to be done with this Referral?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Further Action

0 0%
  • Dismiss

2 100.00%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [2018-XXV] [Citizen Referral] Halie Satanus

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Default [2018-XXV] [Citizen Referral] Halie Satanus

I would like to make a referral concerning disparaging comments made about me by a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    OPPOSED.

Pike should have resigned to preserve the integrity of the office. For a curator to be found wanting and then launch a public appeal is embarrassing for the entire curia and has brought the standards of behavior for citizenship to such a low bar it is meaningless.

And now this. For shame...
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Stepping in temporarily to maintain curial integrity is not an abuse of power. Hitai is an elected official, elected as censor, am member of the triumvirate and trusted to execute that office. If we can't trust him to maintain the position of curator temporarily wtf were we thinking in voting him into the role of censor.

Of course, the curia voted in Pike, so maybe it can't be trusted.
    These two posts are clearly off-topic and are a direct violation of the ToS

Off-topic Posting Topicality is expected .... Examples of off-topic posting include, but are not limited to:
    Posts that are not related to the topic of the thread in question, or that contain no material that can reasonably be discussed
    Outside of the Administrative Forums, personal references, whether implicit or explicit, are off-topic. Personal references of a negative or derogatory nature and statements that disrupt the discussion, regardless of intent, will be singled out in particular.
    While my situation was impetuous of the VonC, I am not the topic. You implicitly suggesting that I cannot be trusted as well.
    The Curia is not moderated by the site's moderation staff so it is incumbent on the Citizen's to moderate the site through the referral system. This is not the first time Hallie has made disparaging comments about me on the site. In the past, I have always let it slide in the hopes of fostering a better relationship, but he has shown that he is not willing to do so by these continued insinuations and direct attack on my character. Since moderation is not an option, then you are my only hope for recourse and a stop to the abuse by Halie.

Furthermore, the original referrer (the current referral that Halie shared in the Townhall, there is also a clear campaign to harass me. Please note, this behavior is also against the ToS as I noted below.
    Harassment or Invasion of Privacy Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the boards, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats is prohibited.
    I would like to add these insinuations have been occurring for 5+ years.

Thank you for your time,
    Last edited by General Brewster; October 27, 2018 at 07:35 PM.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [2018-XXV] [Citizen Referral] Halie Satanus

Gents, how about this one? Has the defense been requested already?

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Defense requested

Blog Entries

Defense received.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus
    I stand by both those comments.

Comment 1: Pike is very much referenced in the OP. Point of fact his referral and appeal were the catalyst for the VonC against Hitai.

Comment 2: Voting Pike in for any role is a damning mark against the curia. He's been kicked out of three positions now for either abuse of position or behavior issues which do nothing but reflect poorly on the curia. Evidence is below. That comment is clearly made on reflection about the curia.

3. Pike says this has gone on for five years..

Below is a pm I sent to Hex on Oct 7th. I've never known a member here to be so blind to his own behavior and cry foul anytime he gets called out on it.

PM: Gigantus, Tango, Flinn.

The curia has been corroded by a vile undercurrent for so long it's impossible to make it anything useful. However, this is not a curia matter.

I have been accused of harassment by Pike going back 5 years. He claims he can evidence this accusation.

Until Oct 2014 I was resigned (for the 5 years previous), so no access to the curia. I returned in Jan 2015 - Here I defended him from a VonC initiated by mishkin.. Here where I had warned him against the actions which Garb VonC'ed him for. Here and here.

Through 2016/17 I spent long periods ignoring the curia completely. You'll have to ask Pike for evidence from those years.

Recently; I cite this post and this post, during the ongoing feud between Pike and Iskar. Typical of me trying to harass someone, hmm.

Pike is so divisive I can't recall all the times we've crossed paths. I'd be interested to see what he thinks is harassment. So I ask you contact him for his evidence.

Ah wait, this. That's harassment. In Jan this year. I was asking an honest question since my love of TWC history is well known I thought it fair enough, however, given Pike's delicate nature I can see how that must have embarrassed him. Please read the subsequent posts in the thread. I ask you review that and charge me as you see fit.

Oh and the referral I sent in May, as far as I recall the only referral I've ever sent. I beat Aik to it by about 15 minutes. A fact I was unaware of until after it was sent.

Over the past two weeks.

this post. Claim I violated the ToS - off topic, and harassment. I wish this to be reviewed as I feel very emotional about such an accusation.

I also cite this post. The warning about posting in vote threads blah blah. I posted the comment above in a vote thread questioning the validity. I have no issue with him moving my post or the warning, accept, that a number of other posts in vote threads have comments other than 'voted' and were ignored by Pike.

Here. Here. Here.

I left it for 3 days and then raised it in the townhall,. A day later Pike claims ignorance.

I also suspect the recent referral against me authored by Pike. His misinterpretation of facts, utter lies and self serving ideology is all over it. If so, I ask that is investigated and taken into account.

BTW, I took a break from here recently, about 6 weeks. I had no idea Pike was even curator until he posted the 'voted' warning. Within the next week he was kicked out of the triumverate. With no involvement from me.

You may think I'm being a glib about this. I'm not. I'm quite prepared to naff off out of the curia for good if it will help change the atmosphere in there. But it'll never be inviting while Pike selling his version of 'behavior' standards unchecked and throwing wild accusations/threats around. Unfortunately it seems moderation is the only way to deal with his behavior.

Dear trium...

I would advise all of the evidence I have provided taken into consideration. I also want you to request Pike back up his '5 year' accusation and take all he offers into consideration. As above, I'm not so attached to citizenship as to be silent about Pike history of poor behavior. I dare say there are as many instances of my advising him to desist his behavior as alleged attacks... But be harsh.

Obviously you can make this public when you're done..

Wash you balls.

HS.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

This is a stinker. I'll need until tomorrow to analyze the situation carefully.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Having read through the whole sad affair twice I came to the following conclusions

Of course, the curia voted in Pike, so maybe it can't be trusted.
    This post is off topic and a personal attack.

His defense quite frankly reads as dismissive or outright facetious, failing to address a single point of accusation and using it instead for personal attacks and he did it too/he did it first clause.

His extended feud with Pikestance has been exceptionally disruptive and damaging to the Curia's image as a whole.

I am going to withhold verdict until the other Censor provides a point of view but at this moment Further Action seems the only choice available.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Poll added.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Having read through the whole sad affair twice I came to the following conclusions

This post is off topic and a personal attack.

His defense quite frankly reads as dismissive or outright facetious, failing to address a single point of accusation and using it instead for personal attacks and he did it too/he did it first clause.

His extended feud with Pikestance has been exceptionally disruptive and damaging to the Curia's image as a whole.

I am going to withhold verdict until the other Censor provides a point of view but at this moment Further Action seems the only choice available.
    Can you explain how that is a personal attack? The quoted segment.
    Halie refers to the Curia, the Curia is a body and in my opinion there's no attack in that. Yes, it may be offensive to the institution but that doesn't make it a personal attack, A personal attack would be saying "Pike can't be trusted"

Also if off topic ness is going to be a standard as to refer someone I will be resigning soon because that would mean a superb influx of referrals I fear.

I read it as an assault on Pikestance' as an individual. Like saying "of course Intel can't be trusted, they hired Brewster". It renders Pikestance to such a low level that the Curia itself has lost all trust for the simple act of electing him. I agree that off-topic by itself is not referral worthy but this comes on the background of a lot of between those two and it really needs to stop.

Anyway I am going to wait for the other censor just to make sure I am not overthinking this. I am hovering between dismissal with a warning or censure at the moment.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

while I do not consider the 2 statements personal attacks on pike
    the first is just halie stating how a curator should behave in his opinion

the second is talking about the curia as a body and there fore not directed at pike

I agree tough it is quite clear that this continuing battle between them needs to stop so I go with demissal with waring since there is nothing personal or uncitizen like here
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Blog Entries

That's of course a possibility. However with Halie's resignation from citizenship (Though by all means he still is a citizen) I wonder if such a warning message would be very useful.

Very well we will go for dismiss with a warning that the feud with Pike will no longer be tolerated to be delivered when and if he rejoins citizenship. Censure would be all but useless if he resigned.

As a recommendation to the other censors Pikestance should also be warned of this.

Dismiss
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; November 09, 2018 at 09:41 AM.

Citizen

dismiss too with a warning to be delivered when returning agreed

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Citizen

voted an draf of warning upcoming

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Dismissed.

Archived publicly by request.